Tufts School of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Waitlisted 😔

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey for those who interviewed was it with a dental student and faculty member ? 2 faculty members 1 student? 2 students 1 faculty member? lol

Waitlisted as well, heads up high everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
I thought they accept 75-85% of interviews? How do you guys think your interview went?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if the interview is for admissions to class of 2025 or for the PDND program? How many more seats are available until they are considered full?
No it will actually say an interview for deferred acceptance. I just got one.

Do they send out scholarships on the day of acceptance?

App submitted: Early November
Invited to interview: Jan 29
Accepted: Feb 20

For international students here, do we need to make actual payments for the first year tuition before May 16th or just provide proof that we’ve the ability to pay before that date to receive the I-20? Thanks!

For international students here, do we need to make actual payments for the first year tuition before May 16th or just provide proof that we’ve the ability to pay before that date to receive the I-20? Thanks
Current Student here, from what I remember proof of funds to cover first 2 years and pay first semester tuition. Best bet is to look over your acceptance docs and contact them if you have any other questions.

Current Student here, from what I remember proof of funds to cover first 2 years and pay first semester tuition. Best bet is to look over your acceptance docs and contact them if you have any other questions.
Thank you for your response!🙏
I’ve been contacting them for over two weeks now but no luck.. do you remember if you had to pay anything before getting the I-20? Or do all required payments have to be made after receiving the I-20? I’m just a little concerned since I need to get the I-20 first to be able to apply for loans.

Thank you for your response!🙏
I’ve been contacting them for over two weeks now but no luck.. do you remember if you had to pay anything before getting the I-20? Or do all required payments have to be made after receiving the I-20? I’m just a little concerned since I need to get the I-20 first to be able to apply for loans.
I hope you are able to get a response back soon. I don't remember unfortunately but maybe this can help. The proof of funds is for only I-20 so I don't think you only need to pay for first semester tuition before receiving your I-20. Your first semester tuition should be paid before the deadline, which will be May 16 in your case.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if you get an official acceptance letter in the mail or the email is all they send? Also does anyone have the link for the Facebook group?

Hey guys just an update: around 70-80% of those who get interviewed get accepted, 10-15% get waitlisted and 5-10% get denied. The next committee meeting is on March 5th for reviewing applications and they will update us mid-march.

Reactions: 2 users
Any last minute tips? My interview is tomorrow morning
The interview is very relaxed so don't worry! Know what's in your application and plan to have questions to ask your interviewers. Be yourself and good luck!

Does anyone know if you get an official acceptance letter in the mail or the email is all they send? Also does anyone have the link for the Facebook group?
Just email acceptance. But Facebook search "Tufts University School of Dental Medicine 2025" and ask to join

Can anyone tell me if the interview format is open or closed file?

Does anyone have more information about Deferred Admission, or has previously gone through the process? I received one this morning 10:52 AM PST.

Any info is helpful! Thank you :)

Hey guys I received a deferred decision presentation invite last week and yesterday received an interview for class 2025. Do you guys think it was sent by a mistake. Has this happened to anyone else?!

Hey guys I received a deferred decision presentation invite last week and yesterday received an interview for class 2025. Do you guys think it was sent by a mistake. Has this happened to anyone else?!
Did not happen to me, but I did get deferred invite today! Hoping the best for you!! At least there’s a chance either way

The first email they sent it said deferred decision presentation day but they later sent me an interview invite for class 2025. Did it happen to anyone else. Do you guys think it’s a mistake
I’m wondering if that’s the follow up email they send after you confirm your Presentation Day attendance? And actually meant to put 2026, instead of 2025? just a guess!

Last edited:
The first email they sent it said deferred decision presentation day but they later sent me an interview invite for class 2025. Did it happen to anyone else. Do you guys think it’s a mistake
It could’ve been that someone didn’t do an interview for the class of ‘25 so maybe you got their interview? Just a guess. I’d email them and ask!

Reactions: 1 users
I’m wondering if that’s the follow up email they send after you confirm your Presentation Day attendance? And actually meant to put 2026, instead of 2025? just a guess!
This happened to me too yesterday! I was super confused! I’m assuming it’s an automated email and they didn’t fix it. I’ve tried emailing admissions and never hear back from them. Has anyone been able to get ahold of them?

@ anyone who’s claimed their spot on the TUSDM waitlist: when submitting the Verification of Citizenship Form, did you end up emailing the document, or mailing it (Also, as a waitlistee, are we required to include our admissions deposit as part of this Form)? Thanks in advance!

@ anyone who’s claimed their spot on the TUSDM waitlist: when submitting the Verification of Citizenship Form, did you end up emailing the document, or mailing it (Also, as a waitlistee, are we required to include our admissions deposit as part of this Form)? Thanks in advance!
I sent them via mail and email just to make sure, but haven't received any confirmation that they have received the forms. As for the deposit, I'm not sure but the Waitlist Form says "If I am offered acceptance to the program I will adhere to the deposit requirements, deadlines, and bill payment due dates expected of all accepted students" so I would assume that we wouldn't send the deposit if/until we're given a seat

Reactions: 1 users
Just out of curiosity, has anyone on the waitlist received any confirmation that their forms have or haven't been received?

Yes! I was told that they received all my documents except for the Dean's form. They said that they would follow up this week when they're done reviewing it.

Did anyone else get told that their Dean's Certification of Disciplinary form is not verified yet?

Guys I forgot, did they say decisions would be March 5th and 6th since that's the next admissions committee meeting? (For last week's interviews)

Guys I forgot, did they say decisions would be March 5th and 6th since that's the next admissions committee meeting? (For last week's interviews)
They said most likely the 5th if not then Saturday

Reactions: 2 users
Friday is going to be a longgg day😭
Just expect to get it on Saturday afternoon. They told us a couple weeks ago when I interviewed that they would have the decisions by Friday and soooooo I waited the whole day but nothing ever came hahahaha

Reactions: 4 users