USC School of Dentistry Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Has anyone called admissions recently to get any kind of update?
I called them but they said we could hear back anytime until August :(

Members don't see this ad.

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 user
I called them but they said we could hear back anytime until August :(
Honestly I don’t understand how the class is only half full and they’re not trying to rush to fill the rest especially since they’re done interviewing

Maybe they will send a bunch of acceptances out from all interview dates instead of going in order like usual?

Members don't see this ad :)
It seemed like they were going in order with the acceptances on march 1st for January interviews

Based on group me and Facebook, the class is 144 and both group me and Facebook have minimum 15 ppl that are current usc students who monitor the chat to answer any questions
Not everyone wants to be online to meet their classmates or want to be pestered with GroupMe notifications.

Not everyone wants to be online to meet their classmates or want to be pestered with GroupMe notifications.
based on previous years trends I don't think this is true. If you look at the facebook chat for the class of 2026 or 2027 they have well over 144 members meaning there’s a good chance everyone wants to join.

Last year a bunch of April interviewees heard back June but to my knowledge there were no late Feb/early March interviews. Hopefully this year we hear back earlier like May...

heard back meaning April interviewers got accepted in June or rejected
Last year a bunch of April interviewees heard back June but to my knowledge there were no late Feb/early March interviews. Hopefully this year we hear back earlier like May...

Well… it seems like they are on spring break until 04/29, so maybe that’s why it’s delayed?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey! two questions for those who got accepted, one what day of the week did you hear back? people say they send acceptances on Friday. next did anyone get in with a lower dat (17/18)?
Hey, if this helps, I got accepted on March 1st (Fri) and the email time stamp is 11:39AM. I also know people who got accepted with 18AA, but haven't heard of anyone getting accepted with anything below a 18.

Hey guys, I wouldn't rely on the GroupMe or the Facebook group chat for acceptances. We have people coming and going in those group chats so that number should be a ballpark of how many people should be admitted. (also, a dozen or so are admins!)

Other than that, please be patient. We have plenty of seats left!

Hey guys, I wouldn't rely on the GroupMe or the Facebook group chat for acceptances. We have people coming and going in those group chats so that number should be a ballpark of how many people should be admitted. (also, a dozen or so are admins!)

Other than that, please be patient. We have plenty of seats left!
Thank you so much for letting us know! This gives me more comfort!

Accepted 9:16 am via email today interviewed April 10th!

Reactions: 2 users
congrats guys! Usually they just send one round out for the day right? I didn't hear back and I'm so sad. It was my top choice.

Let’s hope this was a small wave and there’s another one coming tomorrow

Reactions: 2 users
I wanna cry guys I thought it was gonna be in batches by interview dates and now it’s so random

Don't worry y'all, it seems like a lot of people weren't accepted so maybe there's more waves coming. Good luck to us all!

Ya'll if any early February/March 4 has heard back please let me know, as I am crushed and would like to know if I should start reapplying. STILL SOBBING IN MY BED (yes I'm being dramatic lol)

Ya'll if any early February/March 4 has heard back please let me know, as I am crushed and would like to know if I should start reapplying. STILL SOBBING IN MY BED (yes I'm being dramatic lol)
I’m March 4 and have not heard back. Crying.

• Sad
I’m hoping they forgot about March 4 or people got accepted and they just have not posted lol

Thissss!!! Please let us know I’m in the same boat. I want to know if I should start reapplying process. Please post if you were accepted from march 4th :(

Anyway, USC admissions if you are reading this. March 4 people would love to know if you sent acceptances. You were my dream school and I am currently sobbing. Please dm me if you would like to accept me 😭 lol

I just find it strange that no one (that has responded) was in the March 4th group, there has to be a reason lol.

Reactions: 1 users
My mom was like maybe the interviewers from your group are still asleep LOL

Reactions: 1 users