Tufts School of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Getting tired of the waiting game. I just want to know already :(
I’m tired of refreshing my email every 10 mins omg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
are they announcing waitlist decisions today? hoping you guys hear soon.
I’m a bit outta the loop! Is there any significance to today (I.e. committee meeting)? Been on the waitlist for a good month, now; minimal communication from their end too! Hoping for some movement as well! 🤞🏼

Reactions: 1 user
I’m a bit outta the loop! Is there any significance to today (I.e. committee meeting)? Been on the waitlist for a good month, now; minimal communication from their end too! Hoping for some movement as well! 🤞🏼
Not even sure lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Gotta love Tufts, First they interview you, then they waitlist you

eyes pepsi GIF

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Apologies for the message spam today! 2 Q’s:
Anyone know if Tufts is officially finished conducting interviews for this application cycle?
And...for anyone accepted, what’s your gauge as to how full the class currently is? Thanks in advance! 🙏🏼

Btw, that meme is giving me life 😂

Hi everyone! Does anyone know if they are done interviewing for PDND?

Does anyone have any additional information on the deferred acceptance? I received one on Friday to be interviewed for the 2026 class. I just realized that the date is incorrect on the invite and I'm wondering if anyone was able to reach out to admissions to clarify the date.
Hey! I was wondering what the Deferred acceptance is for tufts?

I just got accepted into the PDND program! Interviewed last week of March.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those waitlisted, when submitting the verification of citizenship form, we weren't required to include the admissions deposit, correct? My thought was the deposit would only be submitted to hold a seat upon receiving an offer. TYIA

(Just want to make sure I went about this form correctly. It had initially been brought to my attention that the form had been marked as "not received" per John Bresnahan, even though I had emailed it to him twice. I eventually went ahead and successfully expedited it overnight via USPS, just to play it safe.)

Last edited:
For those waitlisted, when submitting the verification of citizenship form, we weren't required to include the admissions deposit, correct? My thought was the deposit would only be submitted to hold a seat upon receiving an offer. TYIA

(Just want to make sure I went about this form correctly. It had initially been brought to my attention that the form had been marked as "not received" per John Bresnahan, even though I had emailed it to him twice. I eventually went ahead and successfully expedited it overnight via USPS, just to play it safe.)
No, you didn’t need to send admissions deposit.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to find a roommate for this coming year? I haven't heard of a facebook group or anything.

Hello Everyone! I just made a groupme for PDND/C-DAP/Deferred Admission. Please join us if you are interested. Peace ✌

Question: Had I not submitted all the Waitlist paperwork prior to my pre-specified deadline (March 6th), would my “Waitlisted” status have changed?

Only asking as mine still reads “Waitlisted”, yet I haven’t received any final confirmation of receipt from the TUSDM admission’s office. I had received a status update prior listing my verif. of citizenship form as not being received, but have since re-emailed the form and physically mailed it (all prior to March 6th).

(Also, if their office is purely busy at the moment, I’ll relax 😂)

Last edited:
They aren't busy, they just don't have any seats off their waitlist.

They aren't busy, they just don't have any seats off their waitlist.
Oh, okay. Thank you! So, the class is currently full, and they’re waiting to see what movement will come of it? And if so, then they’ll start dipping into the waitlist to fill seats?

If their class is full, why not update people on the waitlist? Showing transparency/giving updates is much more favorable than nothing at all considering we paid $200+ to submit an application🙃

People have been getting off the waitlist. We may just not be what they’re looking for unfortunately :/ Oh well, we still have until July to see if we could get in.

Is deferred acceptance same as PDND program?
I would say so. PDND program can be considered as deferred acceptance. First of all, my portal indicates 'Deferred Enrollment.' Also, the students in the PDND program will be given guaranteed spots for the class of 2026 after completion of basic science courses alongside the D1 students. The conditions are as follows:
  1. pass all of their classes,
  2. earn a 2.25 GPA, and
  3. are not found responsible for policy violations through hearings by the Ethics, Professionalism and Citizenship Committee or by the Student Promotions Committee.

I would say so. PDND program can be considered as deferred acceptance. First of all, my portal indicates 'Deferred Enrollment.' Also, the students in the PDND program will be given guaranteed spots for the class of 2026 after completion of basic science courses alongside the D1 students. The conditions are as follows:
  1. pass all of their classes,
  2. earn a 2.25 GPA, and
  3. are not found responsible for policy violations through hearings by the Ethics, Professionalism and Citizenship Committee or by the Student Promotions Committee.
How is the gpa calculated if there courses are pass and fail?

How is the gpa calculated if there courses are pass and fail?
The letter grades will be given to the PDND students just like the other dental students. But at the end of the year, the committee will look over students' records whether they pass all the classes or not. The records during the PDND will be eliminated as the students are transferred to the official dental student status.

The letter grades will be given to the PDND students just like the other dental students. But at the end of the year, the committee will look over students' records whether they pass all the classes or not. The records during the PDND will be eliminated as the students are transferred to the official dental student status.
Are they still accepting for PDND program?

If their class is full, why not update people on the waitlist? Showing transparency/giving updates is much more favorable than nothing at all considering we paid $200+ to submit an application🙃
Thats why I dropped that school. They give you the assurance that the waitlist will be a couple days and bam they put you on ice. That entire administration is unprofessional, we paid money and our time to get an answer.

By the time they offered me an acceptance, I was so mentally checked out by their school. Don't get me wrong, the school is amazing but from an administrative perspective, its just poor.

If their waitlist is full or it doesn't seem to be moving, a simple courtesy email saying the chances are looking low and we cannot guarantee you may be off the waitlist. To me if a school does that really shows they care about their students and the people they interviewed but this school? They gracefully take our deposit money, ghost majority of applicants, interview a handful of them, waitlist 99% of them, interview students for their next cycle, and remain quiet?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Thats why I dropped that school. They give you the assurance that the waitlist will be a couple days and bam they put you on ice. That entire administration is unprofessional, we paid money and our time to get an answer.
By the time they offered me an acceptance, I was so mentally checked out by their school. Don't get me wrong, the school is amazing but from an administrative perspective, its just poor.

If their waitlist is full or it doesn't seem to be moving, a simple courtesy email saying the chances are looking low and we cannot guarantee you may be off the waitlist. To me if a school does that really shows they care about their students and the people they interviewed but this school? They gracefully take our deposit money, ghost majority of applicants, interview a handful of them, waitlist 99% of them, interview students for their next cycle, and remain quiet?
I totally agree. They said during our interviews that we had an 80% chance of being accepted after the interview. They never said anything about a waitlist to us. Then they told us that we might get off the waitlist within a few days.

How long were you on the waitlist for?

How long were you on the waitlist for?
I interviewed on Feb 12th, Waitlisted Feb 28th, and was offered acceptance on March 31st which was 3 days before my acceptance to another school. That other school offered me an acceptance letter in 2 days so I took them over Tufts.

I interviewed on Feb 12th, Waitlisted Feb 28th, and was offered acceptance on March 31st which was 3 days before my acceptance to another school. That other school offered me an acceptance letter in 2 days so I took them over Tufts.
Lmao you took over tufts cuz tufts took too long?

• Haha
Did anyone write a letter to the admissions “letter of interest” for the deferred acceptance for 2026 class? If yes did it work out and to what email did you send it to?

Did anyone write a letter to the admissions “letter of interest” for the deferred acceptance for 2026 class? If yes did it work out and to what email did you send it to?
I did last year and they said it’s invite only

psycho alfred hitchcock GIF

meanwhile those waiting for Tufts Admissions....

Lol, well, I’m just going to assume the cycle is over. They have been super quiet since I last heard from them on 3/19. Getting ready for the next cycle🙃

Lol, well, I’m just going to assume the cycle is over. They have been super quiet since I last heard from them on 3/19. Getting ready for the next cycle🙃
Don’t give up! I believe it really is a waiting game for those currently on the waitlist, because if not I’m sure we would’ve been considered for deferred admission. I’ll ask a D1 I know to check with the admissions office tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 users
Don’t give up! I believe it really is a waiting game for those currently on the waitlist, because if not I’m sure we would’ve been considered for deferred admission. I’ll ask a D1 I know to check with the admissions office tomorrow.
Thank you!! 🙏🏼