TOUROCOM-NY Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
the interviews are between 12-15 ppl, and i have no clue about how many get teh seats...as for the mcats the range is between 22-29, and the gpas are all over the place...so yea...

Any word on how often they hold the interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

2 times a week ... since January I believe
Good luck!

12-15 people twice each week since January would be about 324 people so far.

According to the posts here they have given out about 133 acceptances.
"113 acceptances, not counting the "20 or so" acceptances that went out last week"

If those numbers are correct than its about a 41% acceptance rate for those that get an interview...if anyone wanted to know.

Members don't see this ad :)
12-15 people twice each week since January would be about 324 people so far.

According to the posts here they have given out about 133 acceptances.
"113 acceptances, not counting the "20 or so" acceptances that went out last week"

If those numbers are correct than its about a 41% acceptance rate for those that get an interview...if anyone wanted to know.

Forget med school .... be a number cruncher!!! lol

how did you get that they have already offered 133 acceptances? I thought they were only accepting around 120 and they are supposed to be interviewing through July...

Not everyone that gets an acceptance letter takes it.

How on earth did you get those numbers, and how do you know they are accurate?

On AACOM its says 125 students is that true?

Not everyone that gets an acceptance letter takes it.

How on earth did you get those numbers, and how do you know they are accurate?

On AACOM its says 125 students is that true?

I got all of those numbers from pages 7, 8, and 9 of this forum, and I don't know if they are accurate. Yes, 125 students for the first class is true.

I got all of those numbers from pages 7, 8, and 9 of this forum, and I don't know if they are accurate. Yes, 125 students for the first class is true.

As people have said, 55 deposits have been paid so far so just because they gave out over 125 acceptances doesn't mean that the class is full or even close to it.

At our interview yesterday Mr Figueroa said they have received 70 deposits paid.

EDIT:

Just to add too, I remember that Mr. Figueroa said that there were 90 people on the waitlist already as well. It's crazy how fast they are filling the class!

WOW, that's a lot more than i was expecting by now...it doesn't give people like me who aren't going to be reconsidered until may or june much hope.

WOW, that's a lot more than i was expecting by now...it doesn't give people like me who aren't going to be reconsidered until may or june much hope.

This may be presumptious... but for those lucky enough to be accepted at TOURONY and also waitlisted and still interviewing elsewhere, the $2000 may be their safety deposit if they're not accepted at their first choice.

"Tuition Deposit: An additional payment of $1,000 is due by May 15th for those accepted for admission before May 1st, and by June 15th, for those accepted after May 1st. Except for this year when the additional payment will be due by July 15th. This tuition deposit is refundable if notice of cancellation is made prior to or on the first day of mandatory orientation."

I think the seats might initially be filled by June, but they should also reopen consistently (as students come of other waitlists) up until that first day of mandatory orientation.

There's hope!

Anyone know what the INQUIRY document on the TOURO website is for?

Does anyone know if their is any risk behind Touro's Provisional Accreditation?

Members don't see this ad :)
Risk? I don't know about that but the school gets actual accreditation after the first class graduates. So it's not like the accreditation can be taken away, it just has to be proven that the school can get a group of 125 people to become doctors in 4 years. Just remember Touro-NY isn't the only school with provisional accreditation right now. There's also the school in Arizona and doesn't PCOM Georgia have provisional? Or did they finish theirs?

no pcom-ga was the last of its kind (i.e. schools that already have a mother school) to get full accreditation before graduating their first class. so their's is complete, even though they'll be graduating their first class in 2009

Can anyone help me out? I got an email from Mr. Figueroa on Sunday asking me to call his office. I have called every day and sent a few emails but I have not been able to get in touch with him. Those of you that have been in contact with him, what is the best way to get in touch with him? Are there some times that are better to call his office than others?
-thanks

Can anyone help me out? I got an email from Mr. Figueroa on Sunday asking me to call his office. I have called every day and sent a few emails but I have not been able to get in touch with him. Those of you that have been in contact with him, what is the best way to get in touch with him? Are there some times that are better to call his office than others?
-thanks

I've found email to be the most reliable method of reaching him. You could try calling the x2003 extension and occasionally he picks up. More often it's Tameka who'll answer. She can leave a message with him to call you back.

Good luck!

Does anyone know when the exact start date for Touro NY? Orientation and first day of class???

The start date is Sept 5th. Orientation the first week of September. Ends June 15th. That's all I know so far.

Did everyone get that financial aid email today from Catherina?

yes... i got it. i'm confused. it's congratulating me for my acceptance but i never got an acceptance email? did you? :confused:

yes... i got it. i'm confused. it's congratulating me for my acceptance but i never got an acceptance email? did you? :confused:

No I didnt get an acceptance email yet either :laugh: Here's to hoping!

I was at the March 27th Interview too! You got that financial aid email??! It said we were accepted, but I never got the official admissions acceptance!

i keep callin the school, but it seems they are playing a sick joke on us..no one will answer...are they trying to toy with my emotions?

updates please?

i keep callin the school, but it seems they are playing a sick joke on us..no one will answer...are they trying to toy with my emotions?

updates please?
The school follows strict Jewish tradition, so most likely they are all out of the office already.

I guess Mr. Figueroa will email us this weekend, or we can try calling them on Monday :)

i suppose it would help to know if anyone who's interviewed recently didn't get the email... i just don't know if i can wait until monday! :eek:

Just jumping in to say that I interviewed this week and received that financial aid email as well.

I interviewed on the 21st of March at tourocom. I got an email from financial aid today saying:

Dear Students,

Congratulations on your acceptance into Touro's College of Osteopathic Medicine. I have attached the estimated cost of attendance and information regarding housng. In the weeks to follow you will recieve a Financial Aid Package with all the additional information needed to apply for your loans. In the meantime, if you haven't already done so please complete the FAFSA online. If you have any questions feel free to call or email me.

I am not sure if they sent this out to everyone by mistake or if they forgot to send us formal admission letters. Hopefully the later is true. Did anyone who was rejected or waitlisted get this email also? Any other March 20th or 21st people receive this?

I also interviewed on the 21st, and was a recepient of the infamous email...I tried replying to the email, but catharina was out of the office..it sent me an automatic response which forwarded me to walter cotte..he has received my email and replied with "I will check on it"...i will post here when i hear back from him...

post with any updates, please:)

Ooh!! Hopefully you'll get an answer for us Domo! Thanks!

I wonder if fronder got the same email. According to his previous post obed said he was rejected. If anyone knows him maybe they could ask him. Hopefully he will see this and reply.

I wonder if fronder got the same email. According to his previous post obed said he was rejected. If anyone knows him maybe they could ask him. Hopefully he will see this and reply.

You keep reading my mind:D

i interviewed with him and have already sent a pm his way;)
ill post back with any news

okay, so i heard back from fronder...

he did NOT receive an email...is this a good sign? we shall see...no assumptions made, though fingers are crossed :D

ill let you know if i hear from walter...til then:luck:

Hmm...interesting. Thanks for the update Domo!

Those of you that got this infamous financial aid email (being that the first sentence was "congratulations on your acceptance" i'm pretty sure you guys are ok), how many of you are planning on sending in your deposits? Or maybe I should ask, are any of you NOT planning on sending your deposit?

I just received my official acceptance and response form after my interview on March 27th. I guess the financial aid email was first and then the official acceptance!

I just received my official acceptance and response form after my interview on March 27th. I guess the financial aid email was first and then the official acceptance!

CONGRATULATIONS peace! i hope we are in the same boat, though still no official acceptance for me...was this received via email or snail mail?

I just got the official acceptance too! It's via email (it's stamped at 9:18pm on 3/31/2007) and it went something like: "On behalf of the Admissions Committee, it gives me great pleasure to notify you of your acceptance to TOUROCOM-NY, for Fall 2007."

They said that the $2000 deposit is due 2 weeks after receiving the letter but then it also said that a hard copy of the acceptance will follow soon. So would the deposit be due 2 weeks after the email receipt or the hard copy receipt?

Anyway, I'm psyched!

CONGRATULATIONS peace! i hope we are in the same boat, though still no official acceptance for me...was this received via email or snail mail?

Thanks! If you got the fin. aid email, I'm sure you'll get the other email!! I got the acceptance via email today around 5pm-ish today and received the response form about half an hour later. I really hope you got an acceptance!!!

holy cow... you guys type a lot. =)

Does anyone know if Dr.Terry is the guy in charge? or one of the guy that is responsible for opening the new school? He told my sister awhile back but I haven't gotten the chance to talk to him about it.

Thanks!

I just got the official acceptance too! It's via email (it's stamped at 9:18pm on 3/31/2007) and it went something like: "On behalf of the Admissions Committee, it gives me great pleasure to notify you of your acceptance to TOUROCOM-NY, for Fall 2007."

They said that the $2000 deposit is due 2 weeks after receiving the letter but then it also said that a hard copy of the acceptance will follow soon. So would the deposit be due 2 weeks after the email receipt or the hard copy receipt?

Anyway, I'm psyched!

i remember obed telling us that the deposit is due two week from the day you get the email, because they tend to reach the students first. Congratulations on your acceptance. Here I am with the waitlisters...hoping for the best for my kind :confused:

Has anyone here been called off wait-list yet? Do you know when and how the admissions will start pulling people off wait-list?

yay! i was accepted!!!

there was an issue with my email address having an underscore in it...so i didnt get my email with the saturday bunch (started to get worried)...obed emailed me tonight and i couldnt be happier!!!:D

yay! i was accepted!!!

there was an issue with my email address having an underscore in it...so i didnt get my email with the saturday bunch (started to get worried)...obed emailed me tonight and i couldnt be happier!!!:D

Congrats..that is a great feeling..go celebrate:thumbup:

yay! i was accepted!!!

there was an issue with my email address having an underscore in it...so i didnt get my email with the saturday bunch (started to get worried)...obed emailed me tonight and i couldnt be happier!!!

First off, congratulations! Second, did you have an attachment to that email? Like a return form or something that you send to them to confirm your acceptance? I got the email but that's about it :|

First off, congratulations! Second, did you have an attachment to that email? Like a return form or something that you send to them to confirm your acceptance? I got the email but that's about it :|

thanks!

and there was no 'Response Form' attached to my email..i emailed obed about that, hopefully i will hear something soon and i assure you that i will keep you updated! :D

I attached the form to this message. So you guys don't have to wait for Obed to send it. They forgot to send it with our batch of acceptances as well. So someone posted it on the touro-ny yahoo group. You should join that and the facebook group if you plan to attend. Congrats to all. Hope to see you in the fall:)

Attachments

• TC-Responsetoacceptance[1].doc
    38 KB · Views: 314
Among the waitlisted peeps...I was listed as "Waitlist-high." Did anybody else get waitlist-medium or waitlist-low...or are most people generaly being put in the "waitlist-high" grouping...trying to figure out how much hope to have.

I attached the form to this message. So you guys don't have to wait for Obed to send it. They forgot to send it with our batch of acceptances as well. So someone posted it on the touro-ny yahoo group. You should join that and the facebook group if you plan to attend. Congrats to all. Hope to see you in the fall:)

thanks con:thumbup:
i joined the facebook community, and will join the yahoo group shortly..looking forward to seeing you in the fall :D