TOUROCOM - New York Discussion thread 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone who interviewed on the 23rd or 24th heard from the school. If not does anyone know when we are supposed to find out?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on the 23rd and I have not heard anything yet. I called them today and was told that Obed should be "contacting us shortly" by mail I think (he said he doesn't call accepted students after some confusion that happened last year). I have personally been climbing up the walls due to my anxiety before during and after checking the mailbox every day.

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone received anything today? i just came home and I have a "we missed you" note for "registered" letter. maybe it's from touro? anyone? it may be from WVSOM though because now under the status update it says "decision deferred"

Side note: We have the hottest med school class I have ever seen. No joke. I'm sure Colbert and King N (haha) will back me up on this one.

Even one of our professors said that! (except he didnt say "hot", that would be creepy)

do you know arash from tourocom?

im anxious, i interviewed on the 30th but i want to know asap on the decision! ugh!

of course, theres only 135 of us :)

he embarressed me during my interview, shout my name from across the school as he ran to me with open arms. lol. then he started asking those studying for anatomy test if they needed to go get a drink. lol. hes a funny kid.

Rumor has it that notifications are being mailed tomorrow morning. I assume 23rd/24th candidates will be hearing then; not sure about candidates who interviewed later.

i have received my supplemental today from tourocom NY- after talking to the ppl at admissions i was told that interview is guaranteed for those of us who have received supplemental applications . What do you think about that.

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you asking for an opinion on what I think about guaranteed interviews for those who receive supplemental applications? Or are you asking if what admissions told you about "secondary = interview" is indeed true?

i have received my supplemental today from tourocom NY- after talking to the ppl at admissions i was told that interview is guaranteed for those of us who have received supplemental applications . What do you think about that.

thats so weird, because we asked obed and he said that thats not true, not everyone who gets a secondary gets an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
i meant how true is the supplemental=interview . why are some ppl in this forum denying that.

Okay its been two weeks since my interview and still no response....the suspense is killing me! Checked the mail today to no avail :( Another day another roller coaster! AHHHHHHH

Its so frustrating, I want to find out so i don't have to go on other interviews. Does anyone know if the letters have been sent out yet or when they are going to be sent out?

sorry for the confusion guys. once you receive a supplemental application you are expected to complete it and send all the LORs and other materials promptly . a complete suplemental = interview . No more questions.

Its so frustrating, I want to find out so i don't have to go on other interviews. Does anyone know if the letters have been sent out yet or when they are going to be sent out?

someone didn't read my post! :idea:

as I said earlier, they were mailed out today morning. herego, check your mail tomorrow or the day after and it should be there. I won't even be able to get the news myself as I will be at Nova interviewing so it's up to my parents to break the good or bad news to me. good luck everyone

sorry for the confusion guys. once you receive a supplemental application you are expected to complete it and send all the LORs and other materials promptly . a complete suplemental = interview . No more questions.

the problem is that i remember obed saying that this is not true, and that not everyone that gets a secondary will receive an interview. unless i misheard what he said, thats what i remember from the intervew last week !!!! hopefully i have news in the mail tomorrow.

For those of you that are still concerned about the whole secondary to interview thing...I can suggest one thing....take it to be false. By that I mean...dont assume that just because you have a secondary that you have an interview....for one...that may cause you to slack on your secondary essays and application in general. Make sure you do the best you can on the secondary...and then hope for the best...make it out to be like any other school. One thing I DO KNOW FOR SURE is that they screen before handing out secondaries...so if you got a secondary...you have already passed an initial screening. So thats my advice...apply to Touro just like you apply to any other school in terms of secondaries. Hope this helps you guys.

hey guys
did any body hear back from touro yet

good luck

Not to add to the confusion, but after struggling to get a hold of Mr . Obed F, I finally talked to him, and he DID confirm that they screen hard pre-secondary and that a secondary IS a gauranteed interview - ONCE IT IS COMPLETE, if you simply receive the secondary you are not getting an interview along WITH IT, but you will get one when it is received by the school and processed. sorry if i'm killing a dead horse!!!!!

:D

Wait List (high).... says I will be sent updates on my status as well as reviewed for early accept for 2013 if I don't get a seat for 2012.

I wonder what the (high) means. I'm guessing that means I'm high up on the list to get a seat? Anyone know how many people get waitlisted and how many of them are high and/or how many actually get seats ultimately?

Wait List (high).... says I will be sent updates on my status as well as reviewed for early accept for 2013 if I don't get a seat for 2012.

I wonder what the (high) means. I'm guessing that means I'm high up on the list to get a seat? Anyone know how many people get waitlisted and how many of them are high and/or how many actually get seats ultimately?

i wonder if they sent out the 30th, 31st interview decisions. Eudjinn, you interviewed on the 23rd or 24th right?

i was on the 23rd, the first day of interviews.

i wonder if they sent out the 30th, 31st interview decisions. Eudjinn, you interviewed on the 23rd or 24th right?

I interviewed on Oct 31st and got my letter in the mail yesterday (Saturday November 10th). I am very excited that they offered me acceptance into the class of 2012!!!!! :D

I accepted in a heartbeat, TOUROCOM is #1 for me!!!!:biglove: :love::biglove:

Good Luck Everyone - hope to see you next year!!!!!!:luck::luck::luck:

I interviewed on Oct 31st and got my letter in the mail yesterday (Saturday November 10th). I am very excited that they offered me acceptance into the class of 2012!!!!! :D

Good Luck Everyone - hope to see you next year!!!!!!:luck::luck::luck:

cant wait to hear from them, i am currently in las vegas for the touro henderson interview, but nyc is still my #1 choice if i get accepted. hopefully there is something for me in the mail tomorrow!

cant wait to hear from them, i am currently in las vegas for the touro henderson interview, but nyc is still my #1 choice if i get accepted. hopefully there is something for me in the mail tomorrow!

I'm sure you will hear soon. It's probably at home waiting for you. If not, I would call the admissions office and ask them when they sent it to you.

I love NY too!!

Good luck to you!!! ;)

Good Luck Everyone - hope to see you next year!!!!!!:luck:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Woo Hoooooo:hardy: Hello future classmate :)

Eudijinn, don't lose heart. If you look back to my first post on this thread, I was on waitlist as well, and I know atleast for last year, they definitely went through their high waitlist and a lot of them got in for this year. Stay positive..i know wait lists suck..been there, but hey its better than a rejection :) Make sure you're constantly in touch with them. Good luck:luck:

So I go to the Mailbox today fully expecting the decision from Touro only to find out that today is the OBSERVED Veterans day holiday...NO MAIL...great...another day of agony! lol

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Woo Hoooooo:hardy: Hello future classmate :)

Eudijinn, don't lose heart. If you look back to my first post on this thread, I was on waitlist as well, and I know atleast for last year, they definitely went through their high waitlist and a lot of them got in for this year. Stay positive..i know wait lists suck..been there, but hey its better than a rejection :) Make sure you're constantly in touch with them. Good luck:luck:

thanks for the kind words :)

So I go to the Mailbox today fully expecting the decision from Touro only to find out that today is the OBSERVED Veterans day holiday...NO MAIL...great...another day of agony! lol

i felt the same way, only i was reminded by a fellow interviewer in las vegas today that i wont be getting any mail today. now i have to live in agony and suspense for one more day.... but at least i get to find out by this friday if i got into touro nevada.

anytime....thats what we do here...keep each other sane :laugh:

do you know perchance how many people they waitlist? do they offer acceptances to those on wait list as time goes on and spots open up or do they wait till the interview season is over and then start offering spots? i'm just trying to orient myself here.

do you know perchance how many people they waitlist? do they offer acceptances to those on wait list as time goes on and spots open up or do they wait till the interview season is over and then start offering spots? i'm just trying to orient myself here.

well you have to understand that last application cycle was very different from this cycle. For one, they didn't list themselves on AACOMAS until late November or December I believe. So although their entire interview season was extended (it went into May/June I believe), the interview period itself was shorter (they started interviewing in feb) and there was a significantly lower number of applications compared to what they have this year. Last year, as far as I know, i think they waited until all their interviews were over to start going through their waitlist (someone correct me if im wrong) but they definitely had a lot of movement in their waitlist. Once tuition deposits are expected from students and they finally choose what school they want to go to, a lot of seats open up. Hope the same happens for you :luck: Have you got other interviews coming up??

Yeah I hope the same happens to me too :)

So far, I've interviewed at Touro 10/23, NSUCOM 11/9 and have NYCOM on 12/11. That's it for now.

Yeah I hope the same happens to me too :)

So far, I've interviewed at Touro 10/23, NSUCOM 11/9 and have NYCOM on 12/11. That's it for now.

thats 3 more than i had same time last year. Don't worry. Everything will work out :luck:

thats 3 more than i had same time last year. Don't worry. Everything will work out :luck:

I really hope so. It's hard to stay optimistic sometimes. But thank you for your advice. Who knows? We still may end up as classmates this year.

I really hope so. It's hard to stay optimistic sometimes. But thank you for your advice. Who knows? We still may end up as classmates this year.

im in the las vegas airport, calling my home every two minutes to see if i got accepted or not. the mail is still not there at 230pm and i know my little brother is going to open my letter and get to see if i got accepted or declined before me. UGH! and if it doesnt come in in an hour, ill be on a plane headed to chicago via denver and the suspense will probably kill me.

where is the best place to stay the night before the interview?

CLASS OF 2012!!! Just got the letter in the mail, and im pumped! My first admission! Im gonna be a Doctor! whohoo!!!

On a side note i got put on the alternate list by LECOM-Bradenton...but Touro was one of my top choices so im happy!!!

:) :) :)

im in the las vegas airport, calling my home every two minutes to see if i got accepted or not. the mail is still not there at 230pm and i know my little brother is going to open my letter and get to see if i got accepted or declined before me. UGH! and if it doesnt come in in an hour, ill be on a plane headed to chicago via denver and the suspense will probably kill me.

Goodluck! Let me know what the result is!

Goodluck! Let me know what the result is!

im boarding my flight in 10 minutes and for 2 hours till i get to denver i'll have no idea on my status! this is going to be tough, i dont understand why its 4pm in chicago and there is still no mail at my house!!!!!

CLASS OF 2012!!! Just got the letter in the mail, and im pumped! My first admission! Im gonna be a Doctor! whohoo!!!

On a side note i got put on the alternate list by LECOM-Bradenton...but Touro was one of my top choices so im happy!!!

:) :) :)

congrats. hopefully i can post the same in 5 hours once i land in chitown.

WHOO HOO!!! I just got my acceptance letter in the mail!!! Im so xited!!! I have one more interview at Western but I think I am just going to that interview for fun cuz TOURO is where I want to be!!! :):laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.