TOUROCOM - New York Discussion thread 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't have that filthy yankee meggielou using the word "y'all" by the end of MS1, you are a failure as a southerner.

Posted via Mobile Device

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sorry pamolive, I just noticed you asked this! We're living on W. 140th St. in a building that has just been renovated into luxury condominums. We are the first people to live in our unit...We've got all the perks (even heated floors and video intercom..plus the ones Meggielou mentioned of course), but since it's Harlem they are much more affordable than the ones downtown. Once you get off that waitlist, let me know if you want more info!

how did u like the building(s)? i have been looking at them but after reading the reviews at apartmentreviews or something like that, and hearing about the floors being pissed on by dogs, the girl that got raped on the roof, and stuff like that... i am becoming a bit hesitant on the administration there that is running savoy. I have been looking at lately at the lenox terrace about 5 blocks from you, costs about $200 more a month but their reputation is a bit better. i havent signed into anything yet, so give me ur insight on the 140's apartments.

hey does anyone know why catherina bascombe resigned in the financial aid department?

Members don't see this ad :)
how did u like the building(s)? i have been looking at them but after reading the reviews at apartmentreviews or something like that, and hearing about the floors being pissed on by dogs, the girl that got raped on the roof, and stuff like that... i am becoming a bit hesitant on the administration there that is running savoy. I have been looking at lately at the lenox terrace about 5 blocks from you, costs about $200 more a month but their reputation is a bit better. i havent signed into anything yet, so give me ur insight on the 140's apartments.

Hey, where did you read those reviews? When I talked to the leasing agent, in the two years that Savoy has taken over those buildings he said that no crimes have been committed on the grounds. I don't know about the dogs, but i'd like to know about those crimes that you said.

If you don't have that filthy yankee meggielou using the word "y'all" by the end of MS1, you are a failure as a southerner.

Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not going to discuss this with you any more! I will NEVER say y'all (sorry allisome) :laugh:

I bet you will. And I bet she gets you to eat grits too. Grits are awesome.

Hey we actually aren't staying at Savoy Park, so I don't really know anything about those apts. We are in the Striver building on 140th and Adam Clayton Powell... Its in the same block as the school and there seems to be a lot of families in the area. We walked by in the evening and all the moms were sittin in their chairs on the sidewalk while the kids were riding their bikes around and stuff. We got a really good feel from this area and it seemed safe. Let me know if you find any reviews.

I'm not going to discuss this with you any more! I will NEVER say y'all (sorry allisome) :laugh:

Haha I'm willing to bet it will rub off eventually.. I had a friend from Long Island that I caught saying it after hanging around me!

Hey we actually aren't staying at Savoy Park, so I don't really know anything about those apts. We are in the Striver building on 140th and Adam Clayton Powell... Its in the same block as the school and there seems to be a lot of families in the area. We walked by in the evening and all the moms were sittin in their chairs on the sidewalk while the kids were riding their bikes around and stuff. We got a really good feel from this area and it seemed safe. Let me know if you find any reviews.

oh ok, i havent heard any reviews on that one. sounds like u got a good find (heated floors?). too bad my choices are limited since i am bringing a car and i definitely need parking. lenox terrace studio apts. are close to 460sq ft., not bad imo for a new york studio which on average are closer to 200-300 sq ft. Now if i can find something between the 14-16th floor ill be happy, with a good view.

oh ok, i havent heard any reviews on that one. sounds like u got a good find (heated floors?). too bad my choices are limited since i am bringing a car and i definitely need parking. lenox terrace studio apts. are close to 460sq ft., not bad imo for a new york studio which on average are closer to 200-300 sq ft. Now if i can find something between the 14-16th floor ill be happy, with a good view.

yes, heated floors. I think our apartment was a steal!

Damm... It looks like I am the only person who does not have apt yet. :eek:

no sweat man. i'm still looking but narrowing my choices down quickly so u better hurry up if u don't want to be the last one :D

Members don't see this ad :)
i havent found one yet either. I am setting up a few showings for someday in the near future for a few places in harlem, and one in a secret location that has by far the best views in all of the city at good prices, plus a parking garage for under $200/month... Only problem is that the school is about 20 minutes away with the subway-- 2 trains to get there. But probably the coolest and hippest place to be in NYC, outside of Midtown. Oh, and its in Manhattan too! :) can't wait to check this place out!

Last edited:
i havent found one yet either. I am setting up a few showings for someday in the near future for a few places in harlem, and one in a secret location that has by far the best views in all of the city at good prices, plus a parking garage for under $200/month... Only problem is that the school is about 20 minutes away with the subway-- 2 trains to get there. But probably the coolest and hippest place to be in NYC, outside of Midtown. Oh, and its in Manhattan too! :) can't wait to check this place out!

HE HAS A SECRET AND IS NOT SHARING! LET'S GET HIM *grabs a torch and a pitch fork*:diebanana:

I just got the call! Accepted! Yay! :hardy:

I just got the call! Accepted! Yay! :hardy:
Congrats pamolive!! :soexcited: Tourocom-NY scores again with another awesome student. looks like we will be an awesome class with awesome people! we're almost there guys :D

I am interested in starting a chapter at Touro. It's a surgery student interest club. I have been in touch with some people who have kindly told me what needs to be done in order to get the ball rolling. It's too much work for one person but with a small group it would definitely be manageable. Please contact me if you are interested in helping so that we can start thinking about this before school starts. Thanks!!

I am interested in starting a chapter at Touro. It's a surgery student interest club. I have been in touch with some people who have kindly told me what needs to be done in order to get the ball rolling. It's too much work for one person but with a small group it would definitely be manageable. Please contact me if you are interested in helping so that we can start thinking about this before school starts. Thanks!!

Im interested.

I also want to start a hellenic student association but i think i may be the only greek in the school. :)

congrats palmolive i knew u were going to get in, i just didnt say it cuz i didnt want to jinx u.

I am also down, let me know what needs to be done :)

I think I remember hearing that it's 2nd year.

So i guess we get it before clinicals or do we get it when 2nd year starts?

Last edited:
Can you do this at Tourocom? Do they accept credit cards or check by phone?

Hey everyone,

I've been using facebook to communicate with other people in the class, but I thought I would come on SDN too. I am looking for a female roommate to live in a 2br/3 flex on the Upper West Side. The building has a gym, roofdeck, doorman, mini movie theater, laundry, etc. It is 2 blocks from the subway and 3 stops from Touro. The rent would be about $1400 per month including heat and water. The other roommate is also bringing all the furniture, so it will be completely furnished. So anybody who just got in off the waitlist or still hasn't found a place please let me know if you are interested. Thanks!

Hey everyone,

I've been using facebook to communicate with other people in the class, but I thought I would come on SDN too. I am looking for a female roommate to live in a 2br/3 flex on the Upper West Side. The building has a gym, roofdeck, doorman, mini movie theater, laundry, etc. It is 2 blocks from the subway and 3 stops from Touro. The rent would be about $1400 per month including heat and water. The other roommate is also bringing all the furniture, so it will be completely furnished. So anybody who just got in off the waitlist or still hasn't found a place please let me know if you are interested. Thanks!

Hey PShank27 and Everyone,

I am still looking for an apt. I'm looking for a female roommate. PShank, is it $1400 for one person or both? Also, I am assuming the dress code is business casual, is that correct?

so you guys excited? we start school a week from tomorrow? i have found a place, just haven't left. Some issues here with a car i bought, gotta get that fixed and probably be coming out there in the next few days!!!!

Hey Angel of Harlem,

My e-mail is [email protected] I can give you more details about the place if you are still interested. It is actually going to be $1500 per person.

Hey guys.
I got accepted to PCOM and have decided to stay in Philly. That being said, my room is available. It's an amazing room in an amazing apartment, and in a really great neighborhood. At 81st and amsterdam. Rent is 1800 per month, and you'll be living with another female touro class of 2012 student. Please let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
Pam

hey, do any of you live near City College area?

Also, are you off from school all week?

Thanks

I just canceled my interview on the 17th, if anyone wants to grab it, go for it. NY sounds fancy and all, I guess I'm just not the big city type, have fun.

anyone know where the touro students will be rotating next year?

I can't believe it, I am going to be a doctor. This is so cool.

Does anyone know when orientation/first day of classes are?

Status
Not open for further replies.