To people who have passed APMLE part 1, what were you scoring on practice questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDPM123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
With boards coming up, I was wondering what kind of percentages did you guys who passed the exam get on boardvitals, 2005/2008 practice tests, and the prometric practice tests?

I understand your percent correct probably went up during a 2nd or 3rd pass, but I’m still interested to find out so I can gauge how prepared I am.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
About 80% on BV first pass, 85% on the 2005/2008 practice tests, and 84% on the two Prometric practice tests. I know people that averaged in the 70s and passed.

Reactions: 3 users
I was mid 70's to low 80's for all of my subjects on BoardVitals. I felt somewhat comfortable after the exam since I only flagged around 25-30 questions from the 250ish (I forgot the exact number). The numbers I flagged were true 50/50 attempts or some stupid gene sequence questions lol.

Reactions: 1 user
These guys must be top tier. I counted about 95-100 questions I know I got right on the real boards and 70 I definitely got wrong. Last 35 I don't really know. By probability, maybe 33% of the last 35 were correct with intelligent guessing.

Meaning I likely had about 110-115 questions right on boards.

I passed.

It could be true that top tier individuals are really getting like 150+ out of 205 questions right or something, I have no idea. I think when people are saying things like "there are only 10 questions I wasn't sure of", they are either overestimating their score or had some seriously good past TQ resources (not talking about people in this thread).

On practice tests, I would probably get like 60-69% with basically any type of practice exam. However, I have a hard time taking practice tests as seriously as the real thing.

Last edited: