USMLE STEP 3 Trick Works!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chamorro12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The "trick" still works. Here's how it played out for me:

-NBME (apps.nbme.org) permit link disappeared early Sunday AM
-FSMB (usmle.fsmb.org) changed from "active" to "expired" early Monday AM with no link to reapply

Score report was available Wednesday 12:00 am Eastern Time on NBME (https://apps.nbme.org).

Members don't see this ad.

• Dislike
Reactions: 5 users
My gray box says:

“Your Step 3 application has expired. You may begin a new Step 3 application at your convenience.”

No link to reapply

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t have a yellow box but I was out of eligibility period. My gray box says-you have an eligibility extension request that has not been completed!
Any idea? Freaking out!!
I’m sure yours is just different because of the eligibility thing. Plus I’ve seen a ton of people say this “trick” doesn’t work anyway. We’ll just have to wait it out til 0:00ET 😬

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Who else is expecting result coming Wednesday 🤭
Me. Second day was the 30th. MAYBE I'll get it. I'm terrified since I think I ****ed up more than the usual test taker who "killed ONE person on CCS!" We will see. Fingers-crossed.

Has anyone's permit disappeared yet?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Me. Second day was the 30th. MAYBE I'll get it. I'm terrified since I think I ****ed up more than the usual test taker who "killed ONE person on CCS!" We will see. Fingers-crossed.

Has anyone's permit disappeared yet?
My permit link is still there! When are we expecting it to disappear: Sunday or Monday?

Changed to expired

1608034372531.png

What does it mean?

Last edited: