Site Neutral Payments Axed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chartreuse Wombat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
"Congress will not move forward with a controversial policy to equalize certain Medicare payments to hospitals and physicians’ offices in an upcoming government funding package, five lobbyists and sources following the talks told STAT.

The delay is a win for hospitals, which have adamantly lobbied against the policy."

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Site-neutral Medicare payments axed from Congress' negotiations.pdf
    664.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
The hospital lobby always wins. Never in doubt.

Reactions: 3 users
"Congress will not move forward with a controversial policy to equalize certain Medicare payments to hospitals and physicians’ offices in an upcoming government funding package, five lobbyists and sources following the talks told STAT.

The delay is a win for hospitals, which have adamantly lobbied against the policy."

I’m tired of hearing about the fever dreams of PP guys somehow being vindicated by passing this. It’s a joke. Waiting for a turn back to freestanding that will never happen.

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
1709061146320.png

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Just before ASTRO or ACRO starts issuing press releases to the contrary:

This borders on totally irrelevant in Radiation Oncology.

The vast majority of practices bill as hospital outpatient departments.

EVEN PRIVATE PRACTICES.

"Freestanding" is not synonymous with "Private Practice".

If you believe otherwise, it's because the largest freestanding practice in the United States was 21st Century Oncology, now GenesisCare. If you go back and look at people in leadership positions at the ABR and ASTRO (people like Paul Wallner and Connie Mantz), they work(ed) for 21C/GenesisCare.

2008 RadOnc is dead and gone. ASTRO needs to stop playing with necromancy.

• Love
Just before ASTRO or ACRO starts issuing press releases to the contrary:

This borders on totally irrelevant in Radiation Oncology.

The vast majority of practices bill as hospital outpatient departments.

EVEN PRIVATE PRACTICES.

"Freestanding" is not synonymous with "Private Practice".

If you believe otherwise, it's because the largest freestanding practice in the United States was 21st Century Oncology, now GenesisCare. If you go back and look at people in leadership positions at the ABR and ASTRO (people like Paul Wallner and Connie Mantz), they work(ed) for 21C/GenesisCare.

2008 RadOnc is dead and gone. ASTRO needs to stop playing with necromancy.
GenesisCare bills HOPPS even if they aren't associated with a hospital? Que? I know there are some JVs out there with hospitals, not sure how GC/21C/USON etc can bill that way if they don't have a hospital as part of their ownership.

GenesisCare bills HOPPS even if they aren't associated with a hospital? Que? I know there are some JVs out there with hospitals, not sure how GC/21C/USON etc can bill that way if they don't have a hospital as part of their ownership.
Hahaha no I'm saying the opposite - they don't!

I think it was good to be part of that lobbying coalition. Competition for hospitals is good.

Hopefully someone can find a way to lobby for radiation oncologists employed in the hospital’s world.

ROCR should be great for that, right?

• Haha