Should I upload my score to schools that don't require CASPer if I score in the best quartile?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

enth12

Reaction score
Basically, as the title says, I scored in the 4th quartile and am wondering if it would help me to upload this information to schools that don't require it, or since they don't require would they not care about it?

Members don't see this ad.

My gut feeling is do not send casper scores if they don't ask for it. Maybe an adcom can chime in with their expert opinion. @Goro @LizzyM
CASPER is way out of my league. I don't know of any DO school that uses it. I'll defer to my MD Adcom colleagues.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Basically, as the title says, I scored in the 4th quartile and am wondering if it would help me to upload this information to schools that don't require it, or since they don't require would they not care about it?
Since the scores are sent via the Altus (CASPer) portal by selecting participating schools, I don't think there is a way to send them to schools not on the list.
But that's kind of a great feeling to score so well on a character/values test

Reactions: 1 users
I rather suspect that if a school doesn't ask for it, they do not find it valid/reliable/valuable in sorting applicants into interview/don't interview or admit/don't admit. I'd not advise sending to schools that don't ask for it.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Since the scores are sent via the Altus (CASPer) portal by selecting participating schools, I don't think there is a way to send them to schools not on the list.
But that's kind of a great feeling to score so well on a character/values test
I interpreted it as including their score in an update letter rather than formally reporting their score through Altus.

I rather suspect that if a school doesn't ask for it, they do not find it valid/reliable/valuable in sorting applicants into interview/don't interview or admit/don't admit. I'd not advise sending to schools that don't ask for it.
That is exactly what I expected to hear honestly, thank you for the help!

CASPER is way out of my league. I don't know of any DO school that uses it. I'll defer to my MD Adcom colleagues.
It looks like this cycle Western U is using it for the Oregon Campus, as well as CHSU, PNWU, Touro Nevada, and Touro-NY. Those are the ones I see on my CASPer lists at least.