Retook DAT but scored the same AA and TS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gauchonose

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just took my DAT and scored the same:
OLD:
21AA
23 TS

-BIO: 26
-GC: 21
-OC: 22

19 PAT
20 RC
QR 18

NEW: Overall, I felt the second take was more manageable or maybe it was easier thus missing a few could have dropped my scores a lot more than the first exam.
21AA
23 TS

-BIO: 21
-GC: 24
-OC: 23

22 PAT
21 RC
QR 17

Even though the AA and TS are the same, and two sections did drop, would an improvement in the individual sections help my case, as I got a 3.2 sGPA? I am applying right now to about 15 schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure what scores you were trying to get. At this point in the game we're talking about a question or two difference in each section and a sprinkle of luck. Should have just used that time to do other things to pad up your resume or just enjoy your time off.

You're more than fine and its unfortunate that someone made you feel otherwise.

Reactions: 3 users
You are fine, if anything they will ask why in the world you retook it lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Who told you to retake? How are you getting a 21AA 23TS and thinking “that’s trash I should retake”?

Not sure what scores you were trying to get. At this point in the game we're talking about a question or two difference in each section and a sprinkle of luck. Should have just used that time to do other things to pad up your resume or just enjoy your time off.

You're more than fine and its unfortunate that someone made you feel otherwise.
Thank you, I know I should have trusted my gut and applied last cycle but both the dentist I shadowed and pre-health advisor who used to be on the UCLA admissions committee strongly recommended that I retake it to score higher considering my sGPA. I knew the risk and altered how I studied for the DAT, which did show in some areas, but it was not enough to raise the AA and TS.

UCLA’s one of the hardest schools to get into so I probably wouldn’t have put all my eggs in the basket to try to go thereZ

Are you OOS for UCLA? I know you posted yesterday that your app/PS isn't complete yet, and your letters are not in yet either. I say it's getting late to apply OOS for UCLA, even with a 21, but you never know. For IS, it may not be too late yet (I applied last year on 8/24, my invite came ~Oct, interview was on the last pre-Dec 1st date).

Are you OOS for UCLA? I know you posted yesterday that your app/PS isn't complete yet, and your letters are not in yet either. I say it's getting late to apply OOS for UCLA, even with a 21, but you never know. For IS, it may not be too late yet (I applied last year on 8/24, my invite came ~Oct, interview was on the last pre-Dec 1st date).
Yeah I am a California resident!