RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My newest foster is a baby bunny. I love him. That is all

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
About to board my plane to SAVMA! I GET TO SEE @SportPonies FOR THE FIRST TIME IN ALMOST 2 YEARS!!! 😍

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I spent last night at opening night of Taylor Swift The Eras Tour!!! Words cannot even describe how incredible it was. My soul has transcended to a new plane of existence and I’ve literally never been happier

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Today I bought a piece of furniture that is as expensive as almost all my other current furniture pieces combined (that’s probably close to true anyway- I mostly have cheap college furniture).

I am both horrified and excited.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Today I bought a piece of furniture that is as expensive as almost all my other current furniture pieces combined (that’s probably close to true anyway- I mostly have cheap college furniture).

I am both horrified and excited.
Adult furniture shopping is a wild ride.

Reactions: 1 users
Adult furniture shopping is a wild ride.
I’m currently patio furniture shopping and crying at the prices 😬😬😭😭

It’s so much better when someone else gives just you their Very Nice furniture for free because they’re getting rid of it 😂😂😂 I got a very nice and expensive sectional(and small chair) for free because my family friends were redoing a part of their house. And a free barely used queen mattress/box spring/headboard/comforter from a different family friend(my guest bed you slept on) 😂😂

I got to ultrasound a ring-tailed lemur today! They have been one of my favorite animals since I was a kid, and it was awesome :giggle:

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Bit of a mixed bag here but mostly good so into the raves it goes I guess. First, after over a year of sitting around waiting my immigration petition for my fiance was approved so hopefully soon he'll be able to interview and maybe we'll be together before the end of this year. That said, the sheer amount of documentation we have to get together for the interview is kind of overwhelming and the process isn't over yet so that's the down side.

Other positive thing is I am planning on going to the Therio Conference this year (booked my flight and paid registration) and I am mostly excited about that. Very nervous about traveling and about ya know, being at a conference where I don't expect to know anybody, but kind of proud of myself for actually committing to doing this because I wasn't sure I was going to be able to push past my anxiety enough to do this.

And last but not least I attended a rally trial a couple weeks ago with my youngest dog and it was my first time competing rally since well before vet school. We actually qualified in both of our runs with pretty decent scores!

I just wanted to post because I've been very stressed recently but when I actually sit down and think about it there have been some positive things happening in my life lately and I felt like maybe I should take a minute to just recognize that

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Got to photograph the northern lights for the first time on Sunday night! 😍 Never thought I’d be doing that in Colorado. Now just to get up north (ideally Alaska) to see them with my naked eye!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got to photograph the northern lights for the first time on Sunday night! 😍 Never thought I’d be doing that in Colorado. Now just to get up north (ideally Alaska) to see them with my naked eye!
We can see them here in AZ too! Such a treat since I couldn't get out last weekend to see the meteor shower

• Love
When you are ailing, injured or feeling sick, does your pet spend extra time "being" with you?

When I'm ill - even if it's just a very mild cold - my cat seems to spend a lot of extra time with me.

For instance:

Instead, of sleeping somewhere else in my home (including her favorite sleeping areas), my cat sleeps with me for many hours. She stays close to me - maybe she's asleep, maybe she's awake, it doesn't matter - she stays very close to me, and in the same room.

If I'm asleep, she does not attempt to remind me about her normal meal times (which is something she does if I'm well and not punctual with her canned cat food meal). Instead, she stays quiet and calm, and close to me, and remains very affectionate and gentle. :cat:

Have you had similar experiences with your own pets?

[This is posted as a Rave because I love my cat! :love:]

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
I've been stressing over relocating to California next month because I haven't signed a lease yet.
Back in like, March, there were some decent homes available but they all got rented out. I thought I'd have to give in and settle for an apartment instead of a house (I really want a yard for Isla). A few days ago I tried inquiring about a home that said a small dog may be considered, didn't hear back, so called yesterday and explained to the property manager that I was a veterinarian (rounding up a couple weeks :cat:). He was very happy with the conversation and pre-approved me at the end of the day.

The house is walking distance to a bunch of trails and a little beach. It may be unfurnished for a couple months because I'm moving before I start getting paid but eventually it'll be such a cute little place.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
When you are ailing, injured or feeling sick, does your pet spend extra time "being" with you?

When I'm ill - even if it's just a very mild cold - my cat seems to spend a lot of extra time with me.

For instance:

Instead, of sleeping somewhere else in my home (including her favorite sleeping areas), my cat sleeps with me for many hours. She stays close to me - maybe she's asleep, maybe she's awake, it doesn't matter - she stays very close to me, and in the same room.

If I'm asleep, she does not attempt to remind me about her normal meal times (which is something she does if I'm well and not punctual with her canned cat food meal). Instead, she stays quiet and calm, and close to me, and remains very affectionate and gentle. :cat:

Currently sick as a dog (hehe). My older dog is attached to my hip. I feel like they always know ❤️

• Love

For instance:

One of my many precious memories of our orange tabby Oliver was actually when my mom had breast cancer in 2016. My mom's room has a king size bed with a recliner in the corner. The edge of the bed nearly touches the footrest of the recliner when it is up.

She sat/laid in that recliner for months. (She had a hard time getting up after her surgery, so the recliner made things easier for her.) So, Oliver sat in that corner of her king size bed right next to her for the duration. It wasn't even a spot he particularly liked when my mom wasn't there. He just wanted to be with her. He was such a good boy! :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Speaking of getting eloped…. 😜

Attachments

• ED98556D-2EFF-4771-AC1B-F63CAD92CE1D.jpeg
    ED98556D-2EFF-4771-AC1B-F63CAD92CE1D.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
Started my summer internship yesterday, had such a good time! I learned so much and they let me close an incision (I’m so lame 🤠).

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
@JaynaAli PBGV wins Best in show?! Is your community going nuts with excitement? :)
I was excited at least! Haven’t seen much online from the Fauve people in general, but it’s cool when something so similar to my breed wins big. Hopefully the Basset Fauve de Bretagne will be fully accepted by AKC and make its Westminster debut in the next 2-3 years!

• Love
Found a cute little basement apartment in Michigan for $500 a month and I’m so excited.

• Love
Just found out I got a travel award I applied to for the conference I’m attending next month! So exciting! 😍

• Love
Just took my last final of undergrad! Now just for commencement on Sunday!

• Love
Finished my first surgery since the anesthetic death I had two weeks ago. He's doing well post-op, though I'm still anxious as hell. No sleep for me tonight

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
I am officially done with first year! All grades are in.

I am feeling so relieved. And shocked. A month ago I was really struggling and thought my best case scenario would be remediating a class or even taking a year off just because of how bad my mental health was. Can't say my mental health has improved much, but I was at least able to pull myself up enough to focus on school and do my best. It really took a village. I'm especially grateful to those of you here that shared your similar experiences with me, and those that offered support in general too💕

Time to focus on enjoying summer break and getting myself on track to succeed in year 2 :)

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
I've been stressing over relocating to California next month because I haven't signed a lease yet.
Back in like, March, there were some decent homes available but they all got rented out. I thought I'd have to give in and settle for an apartment instead of a house (I really want a yard for Isla). A few days ago I tried inquiring about a home that said a small dog may be considered, didn't hear back, so called yesterday and explained to the property manager that I was a veterinarian (rounding up a couple weeks :cat:). He was very happy with the conversation and pre-approved me at the end of the day.

The house is walking distance to a bunch of trails and a little beach. It may be unfurnished for a couple months because I'm moving before I start getting paid but eventually it'll be such a cute little place.
Update: I am in my house and it is adorable. I am miles away from all the stores, which is admittedly inconvenient, but it is a really nice quiet neighborhood and I love the walking trails. As mentioned, very tight on money right now, but I got a referral to contract to do vaccine clinics and the pay is LUCRATIVE. So I'm doing a couple before my internship starts which will easily cover my bills that I was concerned about getting behind on, which means graciously I can begin living my life a bit sooner haha.

• Love
  • Care
I got to try placing a catheter and a cystocentesis yesterday on a cadaver at work! We occasionally have owners who let us learn on their animals post-euthinasia, and my wonderful Techs let me learn. All our 4th years were busy, and it feels wrong to not use the animal when the owners want that. I didn't expect to have that opportunity before vet school proper, but I guess I was wrong.

ER is way way stressful, having opportunities like this makes it worth it.

• Love
  • Care
Out of my vet school friends only 1 is not married. She is the one that has always really wanted to get married and have a huge family for so long. She got engaged yesterday and I am so freaking excited for her! Hoping to make a quick suprise trip to AZ this weekend or next to go celebrate her engagement with our other friend who lives and works closeish by :D

• Love
Trazodone 😁

My poor old lady hates thunder and we've been having storms basically every evening. I came home tonight and found her hiding in our shower since hubs forgot to give her meds. She's now very relaxed sleeping next to me 😊

• Care
  • Love
Trazodone 😁

My poor old lady hates thunder and we've been having storms basically every evening. I came home tonight and found her hiding in our shower since hubs forgot to give her meds. She's now very relaxed sleeping next to me 😊
Gotta love some good ol trazzle dazzle 😍 glad your old lady loves it too

Baby #3 decided to make his grand entrance on our 6th anniversary on Saturday 🥰 He was a giant 9.5# at birth and so far has been the chillest of my babies.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 19 users
Life has been good since classes ended. I got engaged!!! I also attended VLE and it was incredible - I recommend all students go if you have the opportunity. And I have 3 new adorable foster kittens. These past few weeks have been full of self care and just enjoying life, but I am so ready to start my internship next week. I hope you all are doing well :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 14 users
Life has been good since classes ended. I got engaged!!! I also attended VLE and it was incredible - I recommend all students go if you have the opportunity. And I have 3 new adorable foster kittens. These past few weeks have been full of self care and just enjoying life, but I am so ready to start my internship next week. I hope you all are doing well :)
Congratulations!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Baby #3 decided to make his grand entrance on our 6th anniversary on Saturday 🥰 He was a giant 9.5# at birth and so far has been the chillest of my babies.

Omg!! Congrats! I could have sworn you were still pregnant with your second 😝

• Haha
I finally saw a psychiatrist (the appointment was super fast) but I got prescribed lexapro. This was a 1.5 year pep talk to actually go see one.

Just nervous about side effects like weight gain 😅

• Care
  • Love
I am glad to hear that, @honeypot999. Thank you for sharing. <3

You're so brave. That's such a big hurdle to jump for so many people to have the courage to ask for help.

I took this medication several years ago for PTSD. Honestly, I was so afraid of side effects like weight gain and then I didn't have any issues. The nice thing about SSRIs/SNRIs is that there is so many of them. If you find yourself in a position where you are having intolerable side effects or you just aren't getting results, you could switch things up.

Got our itinerary for Iceland weather pending. I'm so excited🤩 hoping the trip is as awesome as it sounds. So far not regretting paying for a tour company.

• Love