RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I might be an amateur and I’m not saying he’s perfectly groomed but he looks decent.
I think he looks good!

And I'm clearly an expert because I've seen like two Fauves at a dog show in my entire life :p

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I think he looks good!

And I'm clearly an expert because I've seen like two Fauves at a dog show in my entire life :p
Thanks! I truly think you’ve probably seen as many as this lady has…there’s no one around here with one but me. Sometimes a lady from Illinois will make the drive for a big cluster but usually we’re the only Fauve entry. Come show around Ok/Tx/Ks and you can see us. We’re having a Fauve national in Sept 2023 at Purina Farms but that’s probably the closest we get to your state. Which still isn’t anywhere close. Henry’s dad is from your neck of the woods so maybe you saw him!

• Love
Thanks! I truly think you’ve probably seen as many as this lady has…there’s no one around here with one but me. Sometimes a lady from Illinois will make the drive for a big cluster but usually we’re the only Fauve entry. Come show around Ok/Tx/Ks and you can see us. We’re having a Fauve national in Sept 2023 at Purina Farms but that’s probably the closest we get to your state. Which still isn’t anywhere close. Henry’s dad is from your neck of the woods so maybe you saw him!
Purina Farms in Missouri?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a B in my master's pharmacology class!!! That was the most challenging class I have ever taken. I am sad that I got a B but the average grade in the class was a mid-C so I shouldn't be complaining.

Reactions: 5 users
MY WIFEY IS GOING TO THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! :soexcited::soexcited:

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Double rave because my boss is taking us to Vegas ❤️❤️❤️

• Love
I have some of the absolute best clients! I've been a full-time house sitter/dog-walker for 2 years now and have managed to find the most wonderful group of dogs and their humans. Genuinely so so lucky that I get to work with animals daily in such a unique environment and form such deep bonds with them!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
My flight home actually made it out of the twin cities during a brief window of good weather!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I wanted to post somewhere that people would understand rather than telling my grandpa.. lol but
I started at a new small animal clinic a few weeks ago. I started working in vet med at a clinic during HS up to graduating and I was SO valued, taught, motivated, and truly felt loved. It was the best work family I’ve ever had and showed me who to be as a vet.
I moved to a new state for college where I began to have horrible experiences with clinics- one with a horrible doctor and I was 1 out of the 3 techs AND another clinic where the techs expected me to pull the weeds outside and scrub the grout. It really scarred me and brought my self esteem down so low.

I didn’t work in a clinic for a while after that and i’m back in now and i’m so thankful I chose to go for it.
At my new place, the first day I was told I give a great nail trim (so simple and little but it’s something) and then another day I was told that they were glad I was there to help on a busy day, and then I was told I was fabulous. All things that don’t have to be said but mean SO much after being screamed at, and gossiped about at other places.
I’ve been taught so much in 3 weeks, and grown so much since then. It reminds me why I love this field so much and how much I want to stay in it. I would ALWAYS doubt my abilities at the previous clinics, but it just shows that it’s who you surround yourself with. I’m grateful to have gotten this job and so incredibly happy that they seem to like to have me there.
I wish that no one goes through what I went through in the past, no one deserves to be belittled or degraded just to gain experience hours- and I’ve taken that as an opportunity to learn who NOT to be when/if I become a dvm :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
My kitten has graduated from FIP treatment and is now in his observation period!! No more daily injections, but still some daily churu:biglove:

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
I just finished up an interview to be a Vet Assistant at UIUC VTH and it went really well! If I get the job I'll either be in ECC on the Intermediate ward. Emergency makes me a little nervous, but mostly because I know it can be someone's worst day. Very hopeful I'll finally start getting experience in both vet med and hopefully some research!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
I got engaged yesterday! It was perfect and I was totally surprised. Super excited to marry my fiancé (and I still can’t get over how awesome that title sounds)!
:biglove:

da29b3ba-cad3-4eca-92e2-b9bc94526645-jpeg.364586

99da87e5-7432-4bf3-839f-6e25e1e7285b-jpeg.364590

A3CAC9FA-4354-41F5-A68B-AF6BC15960B5.jpeg

20e64020-8a32-424f-8ecc-b77ec8c35cd3-jpeg.364585
AEC1E6D6-9773-426E-8ECF-5841043625F6.jpeg

Attachments

• 99DA87E5-7432-4BF3-839F-6E25E1E7285B.jpeg
    99DA87E5-7432-4BF3-839F-6E25E1E7285B.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 239
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 24 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got engaged yesterday! It was perfect and I was totally surprised. Super excited to marry my fiancé (and I still can’t get over how awesome that title sounds)!
:biglove:

Ahhh! I love hearing about people getting engaged! Hubs and I just passed 5 years married and it's been freaking awesome!

• Love
I got a Vet Assistant job at UIUC! I'll be the first Assistant that ECC is hiring, so I feel especially honored there. Beyond thrilled to be getting vet experience in that environment, and I'll get to use what I am learning in class on a regular basis.

I was feeling good after my interview, but it took like 3 weeks to hear back. I have a couple of weeks to wind down my Rover dog-walks/drop-ins which was super important to me! And I'll be able to keep a couple of my favorites when I'm done with my training period (if they want). It's also not the best pay, but it'll be a big bump for me from what I'm doing now. Just very thrilled all around.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Y’all. I was accepted to TWO schools today. I never in my life thought I would get this opportunity. The way my life has been, I should’ve never even made it to undergrad. I’m a first-gen student, who had to climb mountains to even apply. I was in a homeless situation prior to coming to college. The odds were always stacked against me.

To say I’m proud, is an understatement but more than anything I am so grateful!! I cannot wait to experience veterinary school and take on this career.

You guys are awesome! I didn’t have many resources at my disposal and this site has helped me so much. I hope to help everyone like so many of you frequent users do :) thank you all

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 28 users
I got a 100% on my physics 2 exam today! Nothing too crazy in the grand scheme of things, but I've had a rough couple of days, so this was a nice pick-me-up.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
During afternoon snack today, I gave my kids grapes. We always crate the dog when they eat but I asked my husband to sit at the table with them (I was in the kitchen) to make sure they didn’t give any to the dog. He sat with them, and then didn’t pay attention while they fed the dog a grape. (Fury has subsided mostly…)

The rave part is that my colleague from my last job (over two years ago) offered to meet me at the clinic at 6pm on a Saturday night to help me give my dog apo to vomit. I have met and worked alongside some truly wonderful people in this career and it makes my heart feel full.

• Care
Reactions: 14 users
During afternoon snack today, I gave my kids grapes. We always crate the dog when they eat but I asked my husband to sit at the table with them (I was in the kitchen) to make sure they didn’t give any to the dog. He sat with them, and then didn’t pay attention while they fed the dog a grape. (Fury has subsided mostly…)

The rave part is that my colleague from my last job (over two years ago) offered to meet me at the clinic at 6pm on a Saturday night to help me give my dog apo to vomit. I have met and worked alongside some truly wonderful people in this career and it makes my heart feel full.
Unrelated but my kids probably don't even know what a grape is because I don't allow them in my house because I know they'd get fed to the dogs (and also would not be able to rely on spouse to monitor). They feed the dogs their food constantly (both intentionally and accidentally). We had interviews last week at work with catered breakfast with grapes and I was psyched because it'd been so long since I'd had them haha.

Reactions: 2 users
Today is my last day as a full-time dog walker/pet sitter. I honestly can't believe it's here. I spent 2.5 years growing this with me, and now it's time for me to grow in a different way. I've met so many wonderful people and pets, and have been so blessed to have this job. I am aiming to keep this as a hobby because getting paid to exercise is fun, but it'll be different waking up on Monday and not seeing my usual group.

Hubs and I are going to get at least a few sets of scrubs tomorrow before I turn my mom loose on scrub sites with my size. She lives back in CA, so she's glad to help this way. I'm so excited to start in the hospital and learn everything I can. So so glad that ECC decided to take a chance on me, and to get started on Monday.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
I have worked for my current boss for almost 6 years. She took me under wing and is really like a mother figure to me. She graduated from Purdue and I was recently accepted to Purdue.

I am so excited because I am bringing her as my guest on admitted students day. I feel like I made her proud and it is such a warm feeling. I can't wait to make this memory with her.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 21 users
For no specific reason, just sending a big shout-out to:

Veterinarians ... vet techs ... vet assistants ... students ... back office ... front office.

Thank YOU very much for helping our pets receive the BEST of medical care!
You are soooooo appreciated! :biglove:

1678048328924.png

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
For no specific reason, just sending a big shout-out to:

Veterinarians ... vet techs ... vet assistants ... students ... back office ... front office.

Thank YOU very much for helping our pets receive the BEST of medical care!
You are soooooo appreciated! :biglove:

View attachment 367160
Thank you for likely being the perfect client 😍

• Love
Attack on Titan, a show I've followed for 8 years, has been nailing the ending so far. I'm pretty sure there's one more special left, but the special on Friday was The Final Season: The Final Chapters Special 1, so who really knows.

I'm just so excited for the final special in the Fall. I know I'm going to cry, I've grown up with these characters and this story. It's so rare to see a show start and finish so strong. I'm lucky to have been on the journey for most of the run.

• Love
Attack on Titan, a show I've followed for 8 years, has been nailing the ending so far. I'm pretty sure there's one more special left, but the special on Friday was The Final Season: The Final Chapters Special 1, so who really knows.

I'm just so excited for the final special in the Fall. I know I'm going to cry, I've grown up with these characters and this story. It's so rare to see a show start and finish so strong. I'm lucky to have been on the journey for most of the run.
Bruh have u read the manga I am literally afraid to watch the final season because it made me cry so hard LOL

Bruh have u read the manga I am literally afraid to watch the final season because it made me cry so hard LOL
I have. However you think it's going to go, it's more intense. The score alone elevates it so much.

What they did for Hange is just perfect. The way she hands things over, waking up with the others.

I also watched Episodes 79 and 80 4 or 5 times, along with Episode 1 before 81 came out when it was week to week. The things you see in the pilot once weve been to the paths is just amazing.

And of course at the end of 80 when we see The Founding Titan for the first time is insane.

Everything in S4 has been AoT at its best. It's been such a ride.

• Love
I have. However you think it's going to go, it's more intense. The score alone elevates it so much.

What they did for Hange is just perfect. The way she hands things over, waking up with the others.

I also watched Episodes 79 and 80 4 or 5 times, along with Episode 1 before 81 came out when it was week to week. The things you see in the pilot once weve been to the paths is just amazing.

And of course at the end of 80 when we see The Founding Titan for the first time is insane.

Everything in S4 has been AoT at its best. It's been such a ride.
You just inspired me to start!

I got on the train late (started the anime over a year ago, just waiting waiting waiting). I spent a good amount of time looking for when it would be back later this year.

I have mixed emotions this morning. I matched to an internship at my second choice! Which is great. I was REALLY excited for my first choice and was spending a lot of time planning my life there, and kind of surprised I didn't match there. My second choice is good, too, don't get me wrong, but my first choice was going to be a prime location for my friends to come visit, lots of things to do in the city and lots of cool places to road trip to within just a few hours. Now I gotta forget all that and get excited for where I am actually going.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
I have mixed emotions this morning. I matched to an internship at my second choice! Which is great. I was REALLY excited for my first choice and was spending a lot of time planning my life there, and kind of surprised I didn't match there. My second choice is good, too, don't get me wrong, but my first choice was going to be a prime location for my friends to come visit, lots of things to do in the city and lots of cool places to road trip to within just a few hours. Now I gotta forget all that and get excited for where I am actually going.
Where are you going? Can we help you get excited about the new place?

Where are you going? Can we help you get excited about the new place?
I'll be going to Murrieta California. It's not a bad location, still nice and warm, even closer to the beach than my first choice (Sacramento). It's pretty outside the city though which is the main down side. And, not as much as far as hiking goes in that area.

I'll be going to Murrieta California. It's not a bad location, still nice and warm, even closer to the beach than my first choice (Sacramento). It's pretty outside the city though which is the main down side. And, not as much as far as hiking goes in that area.
Well I lived there for 14 years and it’s not too bad lol

There’s a lot of things that are about an hour away and a bunch of wineries in the next city over. And hiking if you’re willing to drive a little bit.

Relaxing by the pool after crushing an exam >>> 😎

I got on the train late (started the anime over a year ago, just waiting waiting waiting). I spent a good amount of time looking for when it would be back later this year.
There are times where I wish I could have started now, because if this year felt long the S1-S2 wait would have been rough. I ended up reading the last several manga chapters, although a twist got spoiled for me through FanFic. Im still not ready to see that one on screen. I watched S1 is 2015 right around graduating HS. I watched S2 going into my 3rd year of University in my own house. I guess that's the beauty in a show you wait a year for between season halves. So much has changed for me, and I'm greatful to have AoT as a marker.

It's incredible how long this show has been with me. I've only ever felt this way about BioWare IPs, and they're the only ones who I've been with longer. AoT may be my favorite piece of fiction ever. The planning, the animation, the characters, the twists. I have a pet theory that people ALWAYS hate the ending because it's hard to have something you love end. This may be an exception because it's just been wonderful so far. The animation can add so much that the written word and still image just cannot.

• Care
There are hidden gems that are accessible from Murrieta, including hiking trails, mountains, lakes, campgrounds, mountaineering, sky diving, wine country trips, with lots of wine tasting spots in the Temecula wineries/vineyards, plus different festivals and concerts.

@Barkley13 is correct about other places to visit because San Diego County (Sea World, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Safari Park, Joshua Tree National Park, and beaches), and Orange County (Disneyland, California Adventure, Knott's Berry Farm, Aquarium of the Pacific, state and regional parks and more beaches), and Los Angeles County (Magic Mountain, Universal Studios, museums, LA Zoo, beaches, music concerts, stage and theatre performances, galleries) are also accessible in about an hour.

One of my favorite places to visit when I go to San Diego County is the "San Diego Safari Park." It's part of the San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance. You can look it up on google. In addition to enjoying the sights of thousands of wild animals roaming free, it also offers overnight safaris and flightlines, among other things. If you attend an overnight safari, you will be blissfully awakened the following morning by the sounds of roaring lions. :cat:

Just my thoughts.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I'm willing to bet it has more to do than Pullman 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Which sadly has more going on than Corvallis according to our distance list thread. 😂
Corvallis?! It's heaps better than Pullman. Western Oregon and Western WA are stunning places to be. They are like a junction of mountains and ocean. Within 1-3 hours you can be on the coast, in Portland, in Bend... Oregon is my favorite road trip destination :X3: I almost ranked Portland higher than Murrieta but I really need to be immersed in sunshine for a while.
I'm willing to bet it has more to do than Pullman 😆

Oh, it definitely does!! And of course it's just one year. I don't imagine myself there forever but I'm getting more excited, I think it'll be a fun year.

Corvallis?! It's heaps better than Pullman. Western Oregon and Western WA are stunning places to be. They are like a junction of mountains and ocean. Within 1-3 hours you can be on the coast, in Portland, in Bend... Oregon is my favorite road trip destination :X3: I almost ranked Portland higher than Murrieta but I really need to be immersed in sunshine for a while.

Oh, it definitely does!! And of course it's just one year. I don't imagine myself there forever but I'm getting more excited, I think it'll be a fun year.
I thought when we made the list of how close certain things are to schools, Corvallis was the most isolated school?

Welp, I got a new car lol. Now I’m panicking about if I made the right decision. I wanted something new for travel to and from vet school. So, I was leasing a car and it had about 50k miles on it. My lease was almost up and I knew I needed to trade or finance the car. I traded it in today for a brand new car, my payments stayed the same and I didn’t put any money down…so I guess I made a good decision? I’m also saving about 300/yr for i maintenance costs since they’ll be included and the new car is better on gas. My old car needed brakes and tires which were going to run me about 1k and then some.

My only concern is my insurance was 3,400 LAST year and this year it was only going to cost me 2,500…but with the new car it went back up to 3,400 lol. So I’m like…it’s like I didn’t ever know I was going to save money *shrug.* but it kinda feels like I’m coping hahah

TLDR; YAY new car, BOO anxiety

• Care
I thought when we made the list of how close certain things are to schools, Corvallis was the most isolated school?
Oh man, that just gave me a flashback to sitting in the classroom I'm currently sitting in and looking up proximities of vet schools to Texas Roadhouse :laugh:

• Haha
  • Love
Oh man, that just gave me a flashback to sitting in the classroom I'm currently sitting in and looking up proximities of vet schools to Texas Roadhouse :laugh:
I was living with my fiance and his best friend because of COVID clinics. We were sitting at the table with my school stuff out and a board game. I was way more invested in the distances between CVMs and random chain stores than anything else in that 24 hour period. 😂

• Haha