Raley's Closing 27 Pharmacies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RxEvileye

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Who was it that posted that CA pharmacists should be asking for raises right now because of the CPJE fiasco= no new licensees in 2019? Well there are 50+ pharmacists looking for jobs now so watch your words!

Reactions: 1 user
This is going to affect the entire pharmacy market. Not just for retails, but hospitals as well. The field is becoming so narrow in job opportunities and competition will be high for jobs in any field.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just another sign of the times in retail.

Just looking at the list of stores some of them were low volume. There is a Raley's down the street that I assume is mid-volume as it isn't on the list. Makes you wonder why WM is bothering to keep pharmacies in Neighborhood Markets and Sam's Club

Kinda curious how the transfer of records is handled as the way WM does it is total garbage (like... ok... WM to WM transfer should still work in the usual manner as the records is stored electronically... but you have to print the information just because the other store closed? Garbage)

Last edited:
Pharmacy is in trouble (along with a skyrocketing supply of pharmacists)because retail is changing.Chains are no longer opening new stores.CVS has only 50 new stores planned this year.We are seeing consolidations and closings.The next big enchilada to fall is when Rite Aid is gobbled up.
What happens during the next recession?

Makes you wonder how independents can survive if the chains are struggling.

Reactions: 1 user
Makes you wonder how independents can survive if the chains are struggling.

I'd like to know this myself but independent pharmacists tend to be hush hush about this sort of thing. The ones I know seem to have better staffing and the most random drug in stock. They offer delivery and mail RXs out. Their cash prices beat many chain pharmacies which means the profit margins on cash paying patients is lower. I do know that they set up contracts with different facilities and they don't have to pay upper management so that does help their revenue. Still, I am curious...

We just had a feeding frenzy for ONE Raley's tech.... it is really is hard to find good people to develop into passable techs esp. with Kaiser offering $25+ starting for outpatient.

Pharmacy is in trouble (along with a skyrocketing supply of pharmacists)because retail is changing.Chains are no longer opening new stores.CVS has only 50 new stores planned this year.We are seeing consolidations and closings.The next big enchilada to fall is when Rite Aid is gobbled up.
What happens during the next recession?

Walgreens already owns rite aide

It’s another sign that the California pharmacy job market is definitely shrinking.