Health partners closing retail pharmacies - lay off 300

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alexis_pharmD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

A non profit organization couldn't survive in this tough market. Around 300 lay offs on its way.
A sad reality of Pharmacy!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Walgreens is doing the worst financially out of the big 3, CVS, WM, WAGS......i dunno what they did, but they messed up big time.... but you know what ? these looming lawsuits are coming to bite us all in the butt. have you seen the tens of billions they are trying to settle with the manufacturers yet? go read about it... mallinkrodt, Teva, Johnson and johnson......all gonna be near bankruptcy before this is done...and they are slamming cardinal, Amerisource Bergen, and Mckesson for like 40 billion if they can, over X amount of years...its bad man....they are all trying to settle because they know they will be found guilty in court.... oh and say goodbye to purdue (maker of Oxycontin? ) they filed chapter 11 as a settlement agreement to avoid court. The company had to be handed over to another entity entirely....of course they got caught moving money off shore just before they filed as well, which looks real good on their part... dumb AZZes....They will be coming for the chains in later suits still pending.......and YES every chain will pay serious dollars because you know there were knuckle head pharmacists doing shady business in EVERY one of them... i got a friend doing 5 years prison right now.....had no idea he was crooked...read this...

everyone is gonna pay the piper soon.....

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow! Was.your friend really doing shady things or were they the fall guy?

yeah he was moving oxy 30's , quite a bit, through some means of faking the doc. He got hit with 75 counts of trafficking in different amounts, 7 counts of fraudulent use of identification. and a grand larceny charge over 25,000 from the company. in the end the prosecution kept 3 of the trafficking charges (one of each amount/weight) , most of the docs did NOT back down and pressed the ID charges and the company stood fast on the grand larceny charge. HE was able to get a VERY NICE plea deal for 5 years, plus TEN YEARS DRUG PROBATION....curfew and everything....lol. 10-6. Can never work in a pharmacy again, random drug/alcohol tests....he should be released from Florida's Starke prison in a year or two....I have no idea what he will do with his life....maybe some part of him, just doesnt care...

yeah he was moving oxy 30's , quite a bit, through some means of faking the doc. He got hit with 75 counts of trafficking in different amounts, 7 counts of fraudulent use of identification. and a grand larceny charge over 25,000 from the company. in the end the prosecution kept 3 of the trafficking charges (one of each amount/weight) , most of the docs did NOT back down and pressed the ID charges and the company stood fast on the grand larceny charge. HE was able to get a VERY NICE plea deal for 5 years, plus TEN YEARS DRUG PROBATION....curfew and everything....lol. 10-6. Can never work in a pharmacy again, random drug/alcohol tests....he should be released from Florida's Starke prison in a year or two....I have no idea what he will do with his life....maybe some part of him, just doesnt care...
Rochacha boy? Dad an MD?

Rochacha boy? Dad an MD?

Rochacha ? no dad def not an md....lol. he had some scam going, but i dunno what exactly it was. Maybe he was knowingly filling from pads that were stolen. this is 2016 he was arrested so i dunno. I'm sure he had contacts outside who helped in some way. def with moving the product!

A non profit organization couldn't survive in this tough market. Around 300 lay offs on its way.
A sad reality of Pharmacy!!!
It is a sad reality but I am guilty of seeking convenience. My family had been filling at an independent pharmacy chain but a few months ago we transferred everything to pillpack.

The independent pharmacy was had hours that were not convenient for 2 working adults. 9am-530pm weekday hours did not work for us, rushing to the pharmacy after picking up the kids at school is an unnecessary hassle with the available pharmacy alternatives.

Pillpack/carezone are not perfect but I think it is a great option for many people.

I totally see that. If I ran an independent, I probably would do hours similar to an Italian pharmacy where I did my exchange. Open at 7am for those who need something before the start of their day, close for an extended lunch 11-3pm, and then open 3pm-7:30pm for the after school and after work crowd. Though this arrangement only works if you live really close by... in the case of that Italian pharmacy, the pharmacy was on the first floor and the owners lived upstairs. It was right on the main plaza of the village, with the bakery next door and the grocery store a block away...

Reactions: 1 user