Pictures of the Week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Aren’t intra-articular facets considered all sham all the time now? Mbb for all according to all payors
I believe if documented association with facet cyst causing radiculopathy you can still do it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Aren’t intra-articular facets considered all sham all the time now? Mbb for all according to all payors

They all allow facet cyst aspiration, but yes many don’t allow for IA facet injections.

Although Cigna, UHC, my state WC, allow IA facet injections. That’s 35% of my patients.

Trial just now. Went great. Should do well. FBSS with radic. Nice guy.

Heading back upstairs to dictate before heading to the gym (bc I train daily for war).

Found this in the stairwell, and instead of being annoyed about its presence in my clinic I'm furious I wasn't invited to the party.

20231103_123600.jpg

20231103_123942.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Careful could be that super potent fentanyl

Reactions: 1 user
It belongs to whomever you just pee tested and they couldn’t wait until they got back home

do you have this?

No. I think it is in one of the “community lectures”/case discussions. But I don’t know which one, you’d have to search for it.

Essentially you measure the angle of the opening of the joint using axial MRI or CT. Often with SAP hypertrophy, as it grows medially over the IAP, this will result in an opening that that requires contralateral oblique. With the patient on the table, you oblique to that predetermined angle. If the angle is contralateral, You will see a very faint lucency that looks like a joint. First time I did it my tech looked at me like I was crazy cuz it’s very faint. Then you place the needle and voila.

Trial just now. Went great. Should do well. FBSS with radic. Nice guy.

Heading back upstairs to dictate before heading to the gym (bc I train daily for war).

Found this in the stairwell, and instead of being annoyed about its presence in my clinic I'm furious I wasn't invited to the party.

View attachment 378649
View attachment 378650
Clear bag. White powder. Ain’t the joint guy. Probably the guy with the needles.

...Glad this dude left our practice. Not a great team guy. Lazy. Weird. Dishonest.

Please don't ablate like this.

20231110_132253.jpg

20231110_132625.jpg

• Angry
I've seen worse when people bring discs with fluoro images

Who knows what tilt does to those needles, but those are ugly.

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw a nice lady the other day. Auto case, but completely legit. She has textbook left C6 ridiculopathy due to 5/6 disc. I went through her notes. She had bilateral C4/5 TFESI. Told me she was prone and each needle took about 15 seconds. Never had bilateral symptoms.

Are you still able to do L5 kypho using the unipedicular approach?

Attachments

• MR_MRI LUMBAR SPINE WITHOUT CONTRAST_AXIAL T2 MSMA_2023-08-16.png
    MR_MRI LUMBAR SPINE WITHOUT CONTRAST_AXIAL T2 MSMA_2023-08-16.png
    298.9 KB · Views: 60
  • MR_MRI LUMBAR SPINE WITHOUT CONTRAST_SAG T2_2023-08-16.png
    MR_MRI LUMBAR SPINE WITHOUT CONTRAST_SAG T2_2023-08-16.png
    352 KB · Views: 58
Yes. Short wide pedicles, you can oblique a good 45-50 degrees, cross midline even with a straight cannula
Thanks, do you feel like there is significant room to pass the trochar in this picture?

Attachments

• MR_MRI LUMBAR SPINE WITHOUT CONTRAST_SAG T2_2023-08-16 (1).png
    MR_MRI LUMBAR SPINE WITHOUT CONTRAST_SAG T2_2023-08-16 (1).png
    384.2 KB · Views: 40
Who wants to bet the PA's physical exam isn't accurate?

20231112_170813.jpg

20231112_170838.jpg

Attachments

• 20231112_170813.jpg
    20231112_170813.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 31
Hard to think of a physiologic response that would create a LF that is doing that.

“Body, why are you doing that??”

...couple 'phytes causing dysphagia. Stiff neck. Occipital pain.

1700135638047.png

I've had PRP twice - R shoulder and L hip flexor. It wasn't awful, but it def gets your attention.

What's it like getting 47 shots of fat?

To be fair it's only about 6 needles, just injecting in 1 cc increments

Certainly not the worst I have seen. But somehow this person was seen by PCP in office and referral snuck in. Nurse calling now to let him know I would never/ever Rx a controlled substance, but happy to eval.
Combo of opiates, BZD, amphetamine based stimulants.
PDMP.jpg