Pedo Residency---Am I burnt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Pedo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ahh----the first 2 days of Pedo resid. was....well......unremarkable :oops: . I still kinda feel like a dental student----only difference is the Dr. on my name tag. I'm slightly burned-out on school in general----especially since friday we had Ceph. with the ortho res. for 4hrs. :eek: . If I trace anymore anatomy and memorize more bones (not since gross) I may pass out. It's interesting and the prof. is awesome so maybe its just the Fri. 4hr time slot.

Any other res. going/gone through an adjustment emotionally.

Dr. B

Members don't see this ad.

Dr.2b said:
Ahh----the first 2 days of Pedo resid. was....well......unremarkable :oops: . I still kinda feel like a dental student----only difference is the Dr. on my name tag. I'm slightly burned-out on school in general----especially since friday we had Ceph. with the ortho res. for 4hrs. :eek: . If I trace anymore anatomy and memorize more bones (not since gross) I may pass out. It's interesting and the prof. is awesome so maybe its just the Fri. 4hr time slot.

Any other res. going/gone through an adjustment emotionally.

Dr. B

I was just thinking how pleasantly relaxed and refreshed I feel after the first week of my general dentistry residency. Did you get to take any time off and go on vacation? I had to take a trip even though the budget didn't support it. Relax and try to enjoy yourself. You had plenty of experience being stressed out as a predoc - now is your time to work on stress reduction and try and enjoy what is going to be your life for many years to come.

UConn_SDM said:
I was just thinking how pleasantly relaxed and refreshed I feel after the first week of my general dentistry residency. Did you get to take any time off and go on vacation? I had to take a trip even though the budget didn't support it. Relax and try to enjoy yourself. You had plenty of experience being stressed out as a predoc - now is your time to work on stress reduction and try and enjoy what is going to be your life for many years to come.

Hey UConn,

Unfortunately, no vacation. I probably should have even though my budget wouldn't allow for it either :D . How's the GPR? Are you in large town?

Dr. B

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr.2b said:
Hey UConn,

Unfortunately, no vacation. I probably should have even though my budget wouldn't allow for it either :D . How's the GPR? Are you in large town?

Dr. B

Hey there bud make sure to update us...or at least send me a PM from time to time to let me know your experiences. Hope all is well.

DcS said:
Hey there bud make sure to update us...or at least send me a PM from time to time to let me know your experiences. Hope all is well.

Hey DcS-----did you get my other PMs? I hope they helped----kinda wrote them quickly. Anyway I'll keep you informed----hope your applications are going alright. Talk soon.

Dr. B