OSU-COM Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As I was forcefully reminded in last year's thread, there are even a group of people who prefer OSU and withdraw from OU after being accepted here.

Yes I know. I was just trying to answer the question about the rumors of waitlist movement in May.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats an GL! Hope you hear soon! They say two big waves happen: movement in May (when refunds are lost and people start dropping multiple seats) and movement when more multiple seats are dropped when it comes time to move to city where school is (~July?).

Thank you! I am hoping for lots of movement at those times J

As I was forcefully reminded in last year's thread, there are even a group of people who prefer OSU and withdraw from OU after being accepted here.

I had to go back and read it. The conversation made me lol:laugh:
People get too sensitive, can't we all just keep our cool :cool: or at least stay lukewarm?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had to go back and read it. The conversation made me lol:laugh:
People get too sensitive, can't we all just keep our cool :cool: or at least stay lukewarm?

Link? whatcha talking about.

does any one know when the bridge applicants will be reviewed for admitance:xf:

does any one know when the bridge applicants will be reviewed for admitance:xf:

applicants reviewed, interviews were last week, acceptances within the next week to three weeks.

True, with Phlame it was just a nibble JustOne took the real bite.

Of course, he ended up going to OU.

Water under the bridge... Haha yes I had forgotten. JustOne made me crack up because even at school, he always dogged on OU and was dogging on all those who didn't consider OSU and then as soon as he was accepted to OU he was a changed soul.

Water under the bridge... Haha yes I had forgotten. JustOne made me crack up because even at school, he always dogged on OU and was dogging on all those who didn't consider OSU and then as soon as he was accepted to OU he was a changed soul.

you should hear what he says about DOs now.:laugh: jkjkjk- he teases but his reason for attending OU was regarding his family.

Members don't see this ad :)
you should have bitten back!

Oh, I used as much sarcasm as I was willing to use on future school-mates. Now, if he had been just another poster on the non-trad forum....

True, with Phlame it was just a nibble JustOne took the real bite.

Of course, he ended up going to OU.

Haha yeah, that was a funny topic. I'm glad I finally get to go to medical school, and although I'm going to OU I'm staying in this topic because there's a lot of people who rooted for me and there's a lot of people I'm rooting for. Good luck, Bridge guys!

Congrats again Phange!

So does that mean you have officially withdrawn yourself from OSU's waitlist?

Frankly, for me OU and OSU both have really good selling points. OU has the School of Community Medicine, which I chose as my main track. Basically it's a public health / community-focused approach to medicine, focusing on serving underserved populations. Definitely feel like I could do a lot of good for the parts of Tulsa that aren't receiving the same level of health care as the rest of us.

OSU has a great family medicine program and OMM, two things I feel are necessary in the future of health care.

Having spent my undergraduate and graduate years at OU, I probably fit in a bit better at OU naturally. Now if only they could get the first two years in Tulsa as well :laugh:

Congrats again Phange!

So does that mean you have officially withdrawn yourself from OSU's waitlist?

No I haven't, I don't think it's wise to do that arbitrarily. If I have to turn down OSU down the road after they've accepted me, I'd rather have the acceptance first. It doesn't seem like a good idea to fold your hand prematurely, if you get my drift.

I agree, its good to keep your options open.

Glad I made such an impression. And for the record, I still dog on people for not applying to OSU. There are a lot of uninformed students at OU about Osteopathic medicine right now. Actually got into a discussion/argument today about OMM during one of our classes. I still defend DOs and think people are crazy to apply to medical school without at least giving Osteopathic schools a consideration. If I was single, I'd probably be at OSU right now. But hey, whatever, either school you'll still practice medicine. Isn't that the goal?

Frankly, for me OU and OSU both have really good selling points. OU has the School of Community Medicine, which I chose as my main track. Basically it's a public health / community-focused approach to medicine, focusing on serving underserved populations. Definitely feel like I could do a lot of good for the parts of Tulsa that aren't receiving the same level of health care as the rest of us.

OSU has a great family medicine program and OMM, two things I feel are necessary in the future of health care.

Having spent my undergraduate and graduate years at OU, I probably fit in a bit better at OU naturally. Now if only they could get the first two years in Tulsa as well :laugh:

Free tuition is a good motivater isn't it?

:love:

:laugh:go back to OUs thread and go back to wishing you were at OSU right now

I hadn't even been on SDN in a long time until you called and said to look at this thread.

Admit it, You miss me!:cool:
And shhhhh we highjacked the thread and turned it into bedlam.:eek:
Anyone with real app questions feel free to chime in!

Kind of where it sits today
bedlam086.jpg

Haha, anyways I hope the crimson and cream are treating you well.

Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the call at 1:58pm today! I'm so happy!!!!

Has any one heard when they will meet about the bridge program applicants.

Congrats, Cali! I was rootin' for ya!

Still no call here!

Congrats Caligirl10!

GL and God's Speed to those still waiting.

hello im pretty new to SDN but I was wondering if anyone on here interviewed for the bridge program on March 31??

Any one know the avg. stats for those excepted in to the bridge program

Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the call at 1:58pm today! I'm so happy!!!!

Congrats! Join the Facebook group!

Did you jump up and down and scream with excitement in Dr. C's ear when she told you? Because I did! :D

Its a bummer I wont be with you guys in the fall. I didnt spend much time in the OU topic because I interviewed in February. Cali, were you accepted through bridge?

Has any one heard when they will meet about the bridge program applicants.

Yea I was in the last group of interviews for the bridge program and was told we should hear something during the week of April 21st....

some more people pulled from waitlist today. Its for the regular program though.

Is it a wise idea to inform OSU that I was accepted to OU. As in, would it help/hurt my chances of being taken off OSU's waitlist?

Its a bummer I wont be with you guys in the fall. I didnt spend much time in the OU topic because I interviewed in February. Cali, were you accepted through bridge?
There's still time!:D
Is it a wise idea to inform OSU that I was accepted to OU. As in, would it help/hurt my chances of being taken off OSU's waitlist?

Don't see how it would hurt. "is there any information you can give me (regarding likelihood of hearing soon/ my location on the waitlist)? I have to make decisions about other acceptances this summer and just want to know if I have a realistic chance of being selected before I move out of town.":)

What's the worst they can say?" That info can't be disclosed"?

Well whatever the case, good luck to you Bridge people! April 21st seems like a long time from now but it'll come quickly.

I have to find a place to live in OKC when I start at OU in August. I wish the School of Community Medicine in Tulsa was a four-year track :laugh:

Hey kind of random question, but does anyone know what the gym/weight room is like at OSU, just trying to get finances in order and want to know if I need to include a gym membership or not. Pretty much just looking for that it has more than what hotels call their "training center", like does it have free weights, machines, and/or cardio equipment that kind of thing, it's just been so long since the tour.