OMFS Residency Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yazan A

Reaction score
Hey, I have a couple questions regarding OMFS residency. For the CBSE will any undergrad classes help me in it? Such as Immunology, etc.

Another question is for externships. Most students apply via there D3 Year, and externships are only offered for D3 and D4 applicants. So how would I include my externship if my application would have already been submitted? Can I put on the application that I am doing an externship my D4 year or so?

The last question is the CBSE again, is the CBSE techncially the NBDE? Im guessing to take the test I have to go to the aaoms and register for the exam through there.

Members don't see this ad.

They might help a bit, but you will move past their depth really quickly when studying, and the clinical component will have to come from dedicated study.

NBDE is not related to the CBSE. The CBSE is an NBME exam - National Board of Medical Examiners. And yes, you sign up through the AAOMS website.

Reactions: 1 user