OMFS application inquiry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

18MODL

Reaction score
Hello everyone... I am wondering if I screwed up and made getting into OMFS difficult for myself.

I am currently in my third year at a Canadian dental school, and will take the CBSE this July (aiming for 85+).

I have no externship experience (a lot of programs state we want 3rd or 4th years) so I assumed to apply in summer of 3rd year, but also realized that a lot of programs application processes start in the summer of 3rd year -- so... seems there is a conflict there?

I have around a 3.90 GPA, not sure of my class standing though (not sure if this is good, average or bad).

I've always wanted to pursue OMFS, but due to family sickness I postponed my CBSE study (should have taken summer 2nd year or early 3rd year), but now have to take it this summer which also complicates applications.

Im not sure what to do here, I feel relatively defeated - and my plans dont seem so streamlined. Is there anyone with some experience who could touch on this?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

If you can get an 85+(old 90, 246), then you got a chance as that's a score that's been reported by like, 1 person in the past few years on the CBSE threads. My Condolences about your family sickness.

Call around and secure an externship or 2 in the next few weeks. I’m sure something is open. Then schedule 1-2 more for after the exam. You will be able to update the application after you submit.