Ohio State c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS rejection :/

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhh I'm at work and can't keep aggressively refreshing my email like this

Edit: IS rejection :/ Well that one hurts

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
May I ask what time it came in?
I got the initial email at 3:04PM and then a follow up at 3:36PM. Not sure if they’ve updated the portal but they probably didn’t. Last year i was rejected and they didn’t update it until August 2023

I got the initial email at 3:04PM and then a follow up at 3:36PM. Not sure if they’ve updated the portal but they probably didn’t. Last year i was rejected and they didn’t update it until August 2023

What did the follow-up say?

What did the follow-up say?
“I apologize for any confusion. 2024 interview dates are: January 20, January 27, February 10. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us!”

They had just messed up the dates in the original email lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Please someone share stats. Because at this point. I fit every school I applied to “competitive” profile that’s on their website and now i just feel messed with, that i can’t even obtain an interview

Reactions: 1 users
OOS rejection!!! Email came in at 1:03 pm 😭😭

• Care
oos rejection :( 4th time applying. 3rd reject in 3 days oof

• Care
Please someone share stats. Because at this point. I fit every school I applied to “competitive” profile that’s on their website and now i just feel messed with, that i can’t even obtain an interview
Same, I have 10k+ varied veterinary hours and one of my recs that I worked with closely is faculty at tOSU and I know it was a strong one so I don't even really know how to improve on what they say they value for next year if I don't get in anywhere else

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Same, I have 10k+ varied veterinary hours and one of my recs that I worked with closely is faculty at tOSU and I know it was a strong one so I don't even really know how to improve on what they say they value for next year if I don't get in anywhere else
That’s how I feel. Only have 2 schools left and they were my “long shot “ schools. I have about under 500 hours of vet experience but worked with small animal, companion, wildlife, farm animals. Leader of a club, apart of many clubs, volunteer and do so much, a 3.8 gpa and 3.7 science gpa. I know i can get more hours but who’s to say that’ll get me in next cycle.

The cool thing with tOSU is that they have PDF form file reviews with strong and weak areas of your application checked off. My GPA wasn’t very strong so they marked that for me, however, they’re also very big on volunteering so perhaps that could help for next year if you have to reapply?

oos rejection :( only a couple schools left for me this cycle. wishing everyone the best!

Last edited:
  • Care
The cool thing with tOSU is that they have PDF form file reviews with strong and weak areas of your application checked off. My GPA wasn’t very strong so they marked that for me, however, they’re also very big on volunteering so perhaps that could help for next year if you have to reapply?
Maybe! I have a hundred or so outside of it but most of my volunteering has been animal related so I guess that is something. I have a hair or so above a 3.0 across the board for cGPA, science, and last 45 so it could be that it was just too low as well.

OOS rejection😔 Wishing the best for everyone!! 2 more schools to go ✌️

• Care
Anyone still not receive an email? I double checked my portal and everything is completed so idk why I haven’t heard anything.

Can I ask your guys stats? If you got an invite
OOS rejection
OOS interview accepted I have a 3.79 in science and 3.84 overall. I have over 1,200 animal hours and over 550 vet hours plus research. So far Ohio is my only app that was not rejected,
good luck, I hope you get a yes!

Can I ask your guys stats? If you got an invite
OOS rejection

3.98 GPA. Idk science breakdown but I got a B in general physics 1 lab. I have around 900 veterinary hours. I had three letters of recommendation. Two of which are OSU CVM alum. Last letter was the barn manager at a farm I did a lot of volunteering at. I don’t have any research but I am the teaching assistant to one of the veterinarians that wrote me a letter (she is also a part time professor at my university).

Feel exactly the same way :/ it’s just so competitive I don’t even know what to do to change my application except maybe cure cancer 😭

Feel exactly the same way :/ it’s just so competitive I don’t even know what to do to change my application except maybe cure cancer 😭
honestly it’s more like a lottery at this point

Reactions: 2 users
Maybe! I have a hundred or so outside of it but most of my volunteering has been animal related so I guess that is something. I have a hair or so above a 3.0 across the board for cGPA, science, and last 45 so it could be that it was just too low as well.
Yeah it’s probably GPA. tOSU looks at science GPA, overall GPA, and last 30 GPA, all of which were checked for me to improve on 💀 Also probably didn’t help that my last grade going into last years cycle was an F. But there’s always room for improvement! Compared to others on here I have a lower GPA so it’s still possible!

IS Interview! This is my 4th time applying. The first time I was offered an interview and rejected, these previous two cycles no interview. Hopefully this is my year! 🤞

Reactions: 3 users
oos rejection. 7 rejections 1 interview, and 2 :(more left.

• Care
IS interview! This is my 5th year applying, hoping so hard that this is the year 🤞 It's rough out there guys, this is the first good news I've had this cycle. Good luck everyone! ☘️

• Care
I’m so
Yeah it’s probably GPA. tOSU looks at science GPA, overall GPA, and last 30 GPA, all of which were checked for me to improve on 💀 Also probably didn’t help that my last grade going into last years cycle was an F. But there’s always room for improvement! Compared to others on here I have a lower GPA so it’s still possible!
thats What i don’t get tho. I have a 3.8 gpa and a 3.7 science gpa so i just don’t get jt

I’m so

thats What i don’t get tho. I have a 3.8 gpa and a 3.7 science gpa so i just don’t get jt
While a good GPA does help its not everything, especially for tOSU since they tend to be more holistic. For tOSU, all GPAs (overall, science, last 30) account for only 10% of your score when your application is being evaluated. Other schools weigh GPA higher so you may have a better time with them, like Cornell which weighs GPA at 50% or Tufts which weighs GPA at 34%

OOS interview! after all the rejections this week, this was much needed good news

I’m so

Will say I had a good gpa around 3.5, and a 3.3 science, and maybe a 3.8 last 45 gpa but we rejected my first cycle for my personal statement. I don’t attend OSU but once I change my personal statement the next cycle I got an interview and accepted.

So there’s lots of things they compare on

Will say I had a good gpa around 3.5, and a 3.3 science, and maybe a 3.8 last 45 gpa but we rejected my first cycle for my personal statement. I don’t attend OSU but once I change my personal statement the next cycle I got an interview and accepted.

So there’s lots of things they compare on
Can i ask what feedback you got from your personal statement?