****Official MSUCOM Class of 2009****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
dashreda,

When I was at Briarcliffe, Amanda said that if I signed up for the "future resident's club" by paying the $200 hold-your-spot fee last Saturday, then I would be guaranteed the $479/mo when I start my lease July 1. If I didn't pay the $200, I wouldn't get the $479. I'll call them tomorrow to double check this.

later, raDiOnut

Members don't see this ad.

dashreda said:
Hey everyone,
I spoke to Chad and he told me that the $479/month is only for those who move in before March 1st. Is that what he told you? He said that if I want to move in in June I would have to pay $529/month. That sucks.
dashreda,
Chad told me the same thing about the 5/1 move in date but...
raDiOnut said:
...by paying the $200 hold-your-spot fee...I would be guaranteed the $479/mo when I start my lease
Ditto for me; so, I debited the deposit. I don't know if it made a difference, but I submitted the online application early Friday morning 1/28 and told him I would send the deposit on 1/31. In any event, I would call back; they seemed very nice and willing to work things out.
I hope this helps,
-WM

Has anyone bought an anatomy book yet? I'm wondering if the text listed as required last year is still recommended or if I should look for a different text. I'd like to get it soon so I can brush up a little bit. My father in law mentioned that 25 years ago he found his color atlas to be the best study guide.

Members don't see this ad :)
marie337 said:
Has anyone bought an anatomy book yet? I'm wondering if the text listed as required last year is still recommended or if I should look for a different text. I'd like to get it soon so I can brush up a little bit. My father in law mentioned that 25 years ago he found his color atlas to be the best study guide.

I am actually reading Moore's Clinically Oriented Anatomy which was recommended to me. The first chapter is a good review. I plan on reading just that chapter before July.

*sigh* I stopped by the MSUCOM medical bookstore the other day to see what kind of anatomy ref. books they had, but they were closed (it was a Saturday). I'm not sure how much I'll get to review before July. I'm trying to write an undergraduate thesis right now (miserable stuff) and finish my last few classes. It's just so frustrating to finish classes now that I know I'm accepted. This is especially true because these classes have little to do with med school -- ecology, intro to developmental psych for non-majors (more useful), independent study, thesis class, senior seminar in biology on race and racism, and intro to the drama (the worst). It just seems so pointless! Anyone else having senioritis?

Well, that's enough of my venting for the day, lol -- I just wish I didn't have to do these classes since they're not helping me

later all,

raDiOnut

prestudying for anatomy is not a good expenditure of your time, seriously, you will learn it very in-depth and a cursory glance over a text is time wasted. also, there isn't much need for an anatomy text because your coursepack for anatomy will be your bible (all the test Q's come from that sucker, and its the size of a textbook). and there is very little in anatomy that is hard to understand, its simply a matter of memorizing and figuring out how part A and part B work together (footnote: this does not include neuroanatomy), so another text really isn't that necessary for basic anatomy.
what you need to be doing is relaxing. trust me. you are gonna beaten like a pack mule for months on end, the last thing you need to do is beat yourself voluntarily. you will do just fine going into the summer not having cracked a text book - i didn;t and i don't know anyone who did, and i hadn't had anatomy in about 6 years. i know you all hear this but you really need to relax before school begins, its gonna be one of the last times you do for awhile. read a novel, my god i miss reading novels. anything that doesn't have a load of latin words in it. or fly a kite, whatever. but don't piss your final days away with a brand new copy of bigmoore. just show up on day one with a netter atlas, and if you need to buy more stuff, you can do so later, after you realize how you study best and what mediums work best for your learning...

raDiOnut said:
*sigh* I stopped by the MSUCOM medical bookstore the other day to see what kind of anatomy ref. books they had, but they were closed (it was a Saturday). I'm not sure how much I'll get to review before July. I'm trying to write an undergraduate thesis right now (miserable stuff) and finish my last few classes. It's just so frustrating to finish classes now that I know I'm accepted. This is especially true because these classes have little to do with med school -- ecology, intro to developmental psych for non-majors (more useful), independent study, thesis class, senior seminar in biology on race and racism, and intro to the drama (the worst). It just seems so pointless! Anyone else having senioritis?

Well, that's enough of my venting for the day, lol -- I just wish I didn't have to do these classes since they're not helping me

later all,

raDiOnut

yeah, I had all my degree requirements done, so i took my last 2 classes for C, NC so I can be lazy

BTW, does anyone know, since we are starting in early july now, will we be getting our financial aid refunds early too?

I was wondering about financial aid too. You'd think it would be only fair to give us our loans early since things like housing are included in our budgets.

Has anyone checked out the MSUCOM scholarship website? There are a bunch of scholarships incoming students can apply for, but the deadline is March 1. That's coming up soon & I'm wondering why no one has told us to apply??? Most require letters of recommendation and a short essay. Here's a link to the website: .

later,
raDiOnut

raDiOnut said:
I was wondering about financial aid too. You'd think it would be only fair to give us our loans early since things like housing are included in our budgets.

Has anyone checked out the MSUCOM scholarship website? There are a bunch of scholarships incoming students can apply for, but the deadline is March 1. That's coming up soon & I'm wondering why no one has told us to apply??? Most require letters of recommendation and a short essay. Here's a link to the website: .

later,
raDiOnut

You apply for most of those first year and they go back retro if you get them.

medic170 said:
...BTW, does anyone know, since we are starting in early july now, will we be getting our financial aid refunds early too?
Medic,
I spoke with Judy Marks in the financial aid office; although yet to be confirmed, she felt that MSUCOM will register us as part-time students for the summer. If they do so, she felt that we should receive a prorated portion of our fall aid package about 1 business week (holiday notwithstanding) prior to 7/11; with the remainder of fall to be dispersed in the same manner prior to 8/29 and ditto for the spring (1/9ish). Anyway, this was her interpretation of the events as they stand today. So at least for now, it sounds as if we will receive some $$ for the summer…whoo hoo!!!

-WM

wisconsinmilf said:
Medic,
I spoke with Judy Marks in the financial aid office; although yet to be confirmed, she felt that MSUCOM will register us as part-time students for the summer. If they do so, she felt that we should receive a prorated portion of our fall aid package about 1 business week (holiday notwithstanding) prior to 7/11; with the remainder of fall to be dispersed in the same manner prior to 8/29 and ditto for the spring (1/9ish). Anyway, this was her interpretation of the events as they stand today. So at least for now, it sounds as if we will receive some $$ for the summer…whoo hoo!!!

-WM
wait...if we're going to be part-timers in summer then that will be even more than they said the tuition would be...right?
ugh, how am i going to afford this? :scared:

subtle1epiphany said:
wait...if we're going to be part-timers in summer then that will be even more than they said the tuition would be...right?
ugh, how am i going to afford this? :scared:
No; there is no additional tuition. Basically what Judy was saying is that in order for us to be eligible for financial aid, MSUCOM needs to decide upon our enrollment status; be it full or part time. At this point it is still undecided, but she felt that we would be classified as part time.
Irrespective of when the anatomy course is taken (July-Aug or Sem I with CHM) the tuition fees are part of our fall aid package not a separate or additional expense. The part time classification is simple the manner by which MSUCOM permits us to take course work for credit as well as provide aid.
Think of the fall/spring semesters as respective 4.5 month periods of time and summer as a 3 month time period. Since presenting the unique offer of summer anatomy, MSUCOM needs to change the method of aid dispersement. The summer course will cover approximately 1 month or roughly 22% of the fall semester. Accordingly, our fist aid dispersement (July) should be about 22% of fall's total with the second dispersement (Aug) comprising the remaining 78%.
Based upon 04-05 non-resident numbers, like my situation, one can expect MSI fall/spring to be $35,318 (tuition, books, & insurance). So, if you borrow the 9 month federal maximum of $38,500 there is a surplus of $3,182; $1,591 for fall and $1,591 for spring. In this case the fall may be split into the afore mentioned percentages; i.e., 22% = $350, 78% = $1,240 or....x & y%? Again, as of 2/4, the process is yet to be determined and this is simply an approximation which does not take into consideration private loans, scholarships, savings, etc. In any event, we will not need to budget for 'extra' tuition just some money for a hell of a lot of ramen noodles & kool-aid.

Hope this helps,
-WM

WM,

koolaid and ramen noodles, :D .... not me. Even if I had to give up my truck and walk to Fee, I'm going to be cooking real food. I've never had my own kitchen, and I'm already planning everything I'm going to be able to cook w/o having to share a kitchen with parents and 9 siblings.

lol, later

raDiOnut

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

Is everyone still planning on meeting somewhere in EL anytime soon? I also am looking for a roomate that will be starting COM this year. If anyone is interested in sharing an apartment let me know, [email protected]
I am looking for a non-smoking, neat person, who stills knows how to have fun when the time is right. I have also posted on the MSUCOM roomate list.

hey all - a friend of mine has a house to rent if anyone is interested. it is located a stones throw from sparrow hospital in the frandor area, probably a 5-7 minute drive from school, a quiet neighborhood, and newly remodeled kitchen and new paint and a bunch of other stuff. he would be a good guy to have as a landlord, and he would like to rent to med students if possible. anyways, please let me know if you are interested, i can give you more info.

Ratch said:
hey all - a friend of mine has a house to rent if anyone is interested. it is located a stones throw from sparrow hospital in the frandor area, probably a 5-7 minute drive from school, a quiet neighborhood, and newly remodeled kitchen and new paint and a bunch of other stuff. he would be a good guy to have as a landlord, and he would like to rent to med students if possible. anyways, please let me know if you are interested, i can give you more info.

Ratch,
My husband and I will be moving to East Lansing for med school this Fall, and we are looking for a single family home. What you are descriing sounds perfect. When would your friend want someone to move in? What would the rent be? Any info would be great. Take care.

i sent you a private message, let me know if you did not receive it.
cheers :)

Hello,

I have a micro exam in the morning, but I am very ready to be done with this undergrad stuff and focus on the medical!
My wife and I are going to look for an apartment in the Haslett (sp?) or Okemos area during my spring break (first week of March). Guess we won't be able to afford a house the first year at least. We want to find an apartment that has some nice hiking trails near it so that I can take the kids for walks in the evenings or bike. Please let us know if there is such a place down there so we can check it out in March.
I am wondering if anyone else is considering the 5 year track?? I will probably do that so as to have more time to be with my family while my kids are still young. I don't want to be totally absent while they are this age (9, 7, and 5), later they will understand better.
I wonder what sort of things you are into? I do some of the following when I get time: Fiddle, fiddle, fiddle, (some guitar too), make bows/arrows and hunt, study nutrition/herbs/etc., play in the woods.

See you all later,

Dan Cote'
Marquette

I'm just wondering how many of you have considered specialties yet? I'm becoming more and more interested in psychiatry. I know this may change and I am very open to all fields of course, but I think I would be a good fit in psych. What is everyone else thinking about?

marie337 said:
I'm just wondering how many of you have considered specialties yet? I'm becoming more and more interested in psychiatry. I know this may change and I am very open to all fields of course, but I think I would be a good fit in psych. What is everyone else thinking about?
Well, I'm relatively conflicted regarding my specialty, which I think is the best for me. This way I'll be forced to explore all the possibilities.

Previously I've been through "phases" where I wanted to do:
Psychiatry
Neurology
Surgery

As of now I'm interested in:
Family Practice or Medicine-Pediatrics
General Internal Medicine
Cardiology
Nephrology
Medical Oncology
General Pediatrics
Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric Nephrology
Pediatric Heme/Onc

I guess it really is the same pattern though, cardiovascular and renal systems and cancer. But I think that I want to have a practice involving whole families, children, adults, the elderly...everyone. I enjoy working with kids, but sometimes adults and elderly persons present the most challenging cases. Unfortunately it's not a possibility to do everything in that depth, both as there isn't a specialty for that and that would take twenty lifetimes to be trained in, especially considering a subspecialty.

Third year is going to be a blast for me, and I really can't wait until that time comes! :D

MSUCOM Students at Briarcliffe:
medic170
raDiOnut
wisconsinmilf

I'll be at Homestead it turns out :( , Chad said they've essentially run out of 1 bedrooms and I want to live on my own for the first year for many reasons. But I'll visit you guys and maybe we'll have study groups together, the CATA bus line goes to both complexes :D .

I totally agree. I think I am going to love every rotation I do. Every system we studied in physiology I was fascinated by. I'm 26 though, and pursuing a subspecialty may not be very practical for me. My husband is anxious to start a family so I hope that I like something requiring fewer years in residency. I realize it's just a job at that point, but I want to have control as soon as possible.

I looked at Homestead the other day and I really liked them alot. I am trying to decide where to live next year, but just to let you guys know Homestead is running good deals for move ins in June.

subtle1epiphany said:
medic170
raDiOnut
wisconsinmilf

I'll be at Homestead it turns out :( , Chad said they've essentially run out of 1 bedrooms and I want to live on my own for the first year for many reasons. But I'll visit you guys and maybe we'll have study groups together, the CATA bus line goes to both complexes :D .

My stepson plays in a premier select league (U-12), and I would like to find him a comparable program and level of competition. I have checked the Michigan State Youth Soccer Association website, but did not see any information listed for teams in the metro Lansing area or in his age bracket; I guess he could always play up a couple of years. Does anyone know of a first-rate youth soccer program in the metro Lansing area?

In addition to playing soccer, he plays baseball for his local little league team as well as for an intra-state traveling team. I checked the little league web page and Lansing visitor’s page; but did not find any information; does Lansing have a youth traveling baseball team? Any help would be appreciated greatly.

I know that we will be busy studying, but anyone up for intramural or adult league play? I’ll play soccer, baseball, softball, football, volleyball, whatever.

Thanks,
-WM

WM, I'm always up for IM soccer or volleyball. At my undergrad, I used to play intramural indoor soccer and it was a lot of fun.

I'm slowly recovering from a week with a respiratory flu. I've been in bed most of the time, missed a lot of school and work. It was a pretty bad strain cuz I'm still totally drained, with 0 appetite and a horrible hacking cough. SO, I'm trying to get over it and play catch-up before spring break in a couple of weeks.

marie, s'far as a specialty, right now I'm leaning toward Emergency. Like you said, that could change once we hit rotations, and I'm all for considering other specialties.

later all -- Shakespeare exam to study for

raDiOnut

raDiOnut said:
WM, I'm always up for IM soccer or volleyball. At my undergrad, I used to play intramural indoor soccer and it was a lot of fun.

I'm slowly recovering from a week with a respiratory flu. I've been in bed most of the time, missed a lot of school and work. It was a pretty bad strain cuz I'm still totally drained, with 0 appetite and a horrible hacking cough. SO, I'm trying to get over it and play catch-up before spring break in a couple of weeks.

marie, s'far as a specialty, right now I'm leaning toward Emergency. Like you said, that could change once we hit rotations, and I'm all for considering other specialties.

later all -- Shakespeare exam to study for

raDiOnut

Sorry to hear you are ill; I hope you are quickly on the mend.
Good luck on the exam,
-WM

HI everybody,

are you guys ready to pick a date to meet in E. Lansing??? All weekends are open for me for the most part until May. March 12 7PM sound good to anyone? (it's a random date...just wanted to get some dates out there)

Any other days to suggest???

lata,

raDiOnut

BTT is that weekend in Chicago, but i dont't know how many of you care about basketball. Just thought I would mention it.

raDiOnut said:
HI everybody,

are you guys ready to pick a date to meet in E. Lansing??? All weekends are open for me for the most part until May. March 12 7PM sound good to anyone? (it's a random date...just wanted to get some dates out there)

Any other days to suggest???

lata,

raDiOnut

Hi Future Classmates,

I need some help with this student loan stuff. So far I have filled out a FAFSA, and it has been submitted, I was just curious what the next step is. I know I need a loan for every living expense I have. I am a little freaked out cause I am moving into my apartment in June, and will not have a job at this time. Will we get our loan money by then. I know I am clueless, but I guess what I am asking is what is the next step after the FAFSA?

HELP! :scared:

bp1043 said:
Hi Future Classmates,

I need some help with this student loan stuff. So far I have filled out a FAFSA, and it has been submitted, I was just curious what the next step is. I know I need a loan for every living expense I have. I am a little freaked out cause I am moving into my apartment in June, and will not have a job at this time. Will we get our loan money by then. I know I am clueless, but I guess what I am asking is what is the next step after the FAFSA?

HELP! :scared:

The next step is simply to wait. The finaid office will process things in April and they will get in touch with you for your award notice. As far as june goes, you likely will not get a refund check before July, so start saving for that first month rent.

medic170 said:
The next step is simply to wait. The finaid office will process things in April and they will get in touch with you for your award notice. As far as june goes, you likely will not get a refund check before July, so start saving for that first month rent.

Thanks Medic. PS, I am moving to briarcliffe. :p

Oh, and Medic, does the refund check typicaly cover your whole semester books, tuition, rent, etc? Or do you usualy need to get another loan along with the refund check? For the average person, how much is this check usualy? Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks!

bp1043 said:
Oh, and Medic, does the refund check typicaly cover your whole semester books, tuition, rent, etc? Or do you usualy need to get another loan along with the refund check? For the average person, how much is this check usualy? Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks!

Here is a link that will tell you exactly what you get, although they have not worked out the disbursment adjustment for starting early yet. Your refund check is all the aid awarded for that semester, minus your tuition and fees, so assuming you get the full stafford loans set, it would be around $20,000 to $25,000 for the year divided up by semester.

http://finaid.msu.edu/med/budcom.asp

BTW, be sure to mention my name at briarcliff for the referral (Mike Mills)..thanks!

I filled it out and submitted the FAFSA online, and I have filed my taxes. Does anyone know if I am supposed to send a copy of my federal tax return to FAFSA, or if I just need to provide a copy for my school? (It has been over three years since I filled one of those things out and I can't remember!)

-Thanks!

yposhelley said:
I filled it out and submitted the FAFSA online, and I have filed my taxes. Does anyone know if I am supposed to send a copy of my federal tax return to FAFSA, or if I just need to provide a copy for my school? (It has been over three years since I filled one of those things out and I can't remember!)

-Thanks!

You don't need a copy of your tax returns for either one. You are all set.

medic170 said:
You don't need a copy of your tax returns for either one. You are all set.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Hi everyone,

My wife and I will be coming down the first week of March to look for a place to rent. What kind of drive would it be (with traffic) from the town of St. John's? Someone told me things are cheaper up that way, but I don't want to waste a lot of time on the road.
Also, I was talking to my cousin ( a MS II at MSU-COM) about having time with my kids and considering the extended program. He said with Gross over the summer it should be way better and so I will probably stick with the regular program (thank god!!).

ok, see ya'll soon, kids are yelling for me!

-dan cote'

dancote said:
...I was talking to my cousin ( a MS II at MSU-COM) about having time with my kids and considering the extended program. He said with Gross over the summer it should be way better...
I assumed as much, but good to hear it reinforced.
Thanks Dan,
-WM

bp1043 said:
Thanks Medic. PS, I am moving to briarcliffe. :p
So now that makes it…
medic170
raDiOnut
wisconsinmilf
bp1043

subtle1epiphany,
what did you decide about Homestead?

-WM

dancote said:
Hi everyone,

My wife and I will be coming down the first week of March to look for a place to rent. What kind of drive would it be (with traffic) from the town of St. John's? Someone told me things are cheaper up that way, but I don't want to waste a lot of time on the road.
Also, I was talking to my cousin ( a MS II at MSU-COM) about having time with my kids and considering the extended program. He said with Gross over the summer it should be way better and so I will probably stick with the regular program (thank god!!).

ok, see ya'll soon, kids are yelling for me!

-dan cote'

Dan,
St Johns is pretty far, You would be looking at about a 30 to 40 minute commute. You may want to look closer.

Yes, that does sound too far. We will probably look around Okemos and other closer towns when we come down. I dont't think the Briarcliffs have 3 bedrooms, so that's kind of out.

Man, I can't wait to start!!

Any good hiking trails or public woods in the area (< than 5 or 6 miles)?

Ok, bye,

-Dan

dancote said:
Yes, that does sound too far. We will probably look around Okemos and other closer towns when we come down. I dont't think the Briarcliffs have 3 bedrooms, so that's kind of out.

Man, I can't wait to start!!

Any good hiking trails or public woods in the area (< than 5 or 6 miles)?

Ok, bye,

-Dan

Briarcliff does have 2 bedroom townhomes with a finished basement though

BTW, I thought I should let everyone know....after a lot of consideration, I have decided to attend the MD school here at MSU rather than the DO. I still look forward to having class with you folks and to studying basic sciences with you, so be sure to keep in touch, especially you briarcliff folks :D I'll be doing gross anatomy in the fall, so save your notes for me this summer :thumbup:

medic170 said:
...after a lot of consideration, I have decided to attend the MD school here at MSU rather than the DO. I still look forward to having class with you folks and to studying basic sciences with you, so be sure to keep in touch, especially you briarcliff folks...
Medic,
Good luck with MSUCHM; ditto on the studying.
-WM

wisconsinmilf said:
Medic,
Good luck with MSUCHM; ditto on the studying.
-WM
Agreed!
Congrats on the choice btw great schools, I know you made the best choice! :D

WisconsinMilf -
I'm at Homestead, just have to send back their application forms and stuff, so while I won't be "next door" at Briarcliffe, I'll be around and just a bus ride away. :p

Mike,

Glad to hear that you made a choice you are comfortable with! I have two school pals up here in Marquette, one is going to attend COM with me and the other is going to CHM, BUT we know we'll be doing a lot of the same classes and that is cool. Both are awesome schools and I know a number of great doctors from each.

Thanks for all your help with us on this forum!

-Dan

PS- anyone know of hiking trails/ nature preserves in the Okemos or general area? My wife and I might try to rent a place near something like that so that I can take the kids for walks in the evening (and pretend we were back north!)

Dan -

There are very good hiking trails at a number of parks in the area. Lake Lansing Park North, Harris Nature Center (east of Okemos), Fenner Nature Center, William Burchfield Park are some of the better ones that my family likes. You might also consider joining the Potter Park zoo and/or Impression 5 Science Museum with your family (both in Lansing and both are reasonable $).

I can't believe that there are just about 4 months until anatomy begins. There is so much time, and so little to do; wait, strike that...reverse it. I don’t know about anyone else, but for me, 4.5 months seems far enough away; however, it always seems as if time is rapidly slipping through my fingers. I am looking forward to meeting everyone (IRL) and am excited about beginning our journey.

Lately, I have been so consumed with work, housing, packing, finances, etc. that I almost forgot about the immunization requirements. Fortunately, the nature of my current job has many of the same requirements; so, I only needed the Td and confirmation of a negative Tb. Just in case this has slipped the mind of anyone else, some immunizations are required in series; e.g., Hep B., so if needed, there should be plenty of time to meet the July 1st requirement.

later,
-WM

http://www.com.msu.edu/ss/immunizations.html#requirements
http://www.com.msu.edu/ss/forms/immune_forms.html

WM,

I know what you mean -- I've been counting down the days although I know I'm going to be wishing I was back in undergrad in a few months. Eric (my bf)and I are going on a roadtrip out West in May after we both graduate, so planning for that is helping me pass the time. We're planning 2 wks between Yellowstone, Glacier Nat'l Park, Grand Tetons, Badlands and Black Hills. We decided to spend the money and take the trip because it's the last chance we're going to have for quite awhile.

On Tues, me and Eric checked out Cooley Law School where he'll be this Fall. It's a pretty nice place, very nice buildings. We also went to a Chinese place next to Briarcliffe -- it's ok, better than most buffets, worse than most regular Chinese -- def. doesn't get much business. I'd recommend the Mongolian Beef. Leo's Lodge is right next to it...I'm def. checking that out this summer.

Has anyone heard anything about the MSUCOM spring Open House? I think it's usually in April. I went 2ya, and was kinda thinking about going this year if they're still having it. The only part of the Open House I'd really be interested in this year might be the Q/A session with upperclassmen that they do. Anyone else thinking about going?

I finally did my FAFSA this morning. I had to be in to work at 6AM and figured I might as well get on the pc at work and do it. (In Lapeer Co. EMS, you get a lot of downtime.). Is anyone including their parents' info on their FAFSA?????

later all,
Therese

DoctorTox said:
Dan -

There are very good hiking trails at a number of parks in the area. Lake Lansing Park North, Harris Nature Center (east of Okemos), Fenner Nature Center, William Burchfield Park are some of the better ones that my family likes. You might also consider joining the Potter Park zoo and/or Impression 5 Science Museum with your family (both in Lansing and both are reasonable $).

Thanks for posting that. I am from the Lansing area, but after moving back here in August after being away for 6 years, I have been bummed out trying to find hiking trails. :thumbup:

raDiOnut,

Thank you for the restaurant review; if you (or anyone) know of a great place for sushi (or a suitable fish market), please let me know. Good luck with the remainder of UG. Your trip sounds great; I used to live in Montana, GNP is awesome. I am heading to Las Vegas this weekend for some much needed 'rest'.

I was just reading about the open house; unfortunately, I am unable to make it the weekend of the 22nd, but it sounds interesting. http://www.com.msu.edu/admissions/openhouse.html

FYI, I did not include my parental information on my FAFSA; I am 35, so I did not feel it pertinent to my financial status.

kindly,

-WM