USMLE Official 2018 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Qester

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As 2018 approaches and people are starting to rev up for their CK studying I figured I would start the 2018 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread.

As always please follow all of the forum / NBME / USMLE etc.. rules and regulations when posting.

My dedicated starts tomorrow, have about 6 weeks to study over the holidays. Hoping for a 250 +, scored a 26x on step 1.

Good luck to everyone taking the exam in 2018!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Dont scores come back on the third Wednesday if u took it on a thursday or friday? now i am getting worried if i should take my exam a day before i am scheduled for a dec 28 but need my results by jan 16th
Took on a Friday, so that's what I thought. However, it's gonna be the 4th Wednesday for me unfortunately.

I called them up. They said there have been delays due to the holidays last week. The lady on the phone said that scores come out throughout the day so it is possible that they might come out today but it might very well be next week. I am inclined to believe it is going to be next week coz if they had to announce the results they would've done so by now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called them up. They said there have been delays due to the holidays last week. The lady on the phone said that scores come out throughout the day so it is possible that they might come out today but it might very well be next week. I am inclined to believe it is going to be next week coz if they had to announce the results they would've done so by now.

Thanks good luck! hope u do amazing

I don't usually post on these bulletins; however, this thread really helped me gauge where I would land as far as my final Step 2 CK score.
I was disappointed with my Step 1 score, which under predicted my score by +20 points when compared with the practice exams. However, I was motivated to prove that I could do significantly better as my only study material was UWorld, uworld, and more uworld. I went through UWorld x 3 times during my Step 2 CK prep while making thousands and thousands of flashcards from essentially every single question explanation.

On UWSA1, I scored a 242
On UWSA2 (which I thought was significantly more difficult), I scored 230

Took the REAL DEAL in October 2018 and scored a 237!!!

...Practically right smack in the middle of both UWorld assessments.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't usually post on these bulletins; however, this thread really helped me gauge where I would land as far as my final Step 2 CK score.
I was disappointed with my Step 1 score, which under predicted my score by +20 points when compared with the practice exams. However, I was motivated to prove that I could do significantly better as my only study material was UWorld, uworld, and more uworld. I went through UWorld x 3 times during my Step 2 CK prep while making thousands and thousands of flashcards from essentially every single question explanation.

On UWSA1, I scored a 242

congratulations!! thats an awesome score
do u mind sharing how far across the uwsa were before the final exam?
also did u do any nbme?

Hi guys, its my first time posting on here. Im taking my exam on 4th december. Because its on a tuesday, il probably get my score on the 4th wednesday, but thats the day after christmas, dunno if il get it then or the next wednesday....but....thats the day after new years :(. Little background: Non-US IMG. Step 1 wasnt too good but trust me im still very happy about it
Step 1: 225
NBME 7 (first one i took 4wks before exam): 211
NBME 8: (3 weeks before): 232
UWSA 1: 257 (13 days before, didnt see this one coming)
UWSA 2: 248 (5 days left)
Any input would be great, and any tips on what to do these last five days to keep my focus up. I also want to say a huge thanks to everyone on here. Been stalking this page for like a year, not sure if il post here or 2019 though. Depends on when i get my score. :)

Hi guys, its my first time posting on here. Im taking my exam on 4th december. Because its on a tuesday, il probably get my score on the 4th wednesday, but thats the day after christmas, dunno if il get it then or the next wednesday....but....thats the day after new years :(. Little background: Non-US IMG. Step 1 wasnt too good but trust me im still very happy about it
Step 1: 225
NBME 7 (first one i took 4wks before exam): 211
NBME 8: (3 weeks before): 232
UWSA 1: 257 (13 days before, didnt see this one coming)
UWSA 2: 248 (5 days left)
Any input would be great, and any tips on what to do these last five days to keep my focus up. I also want to say a huge thanks to everyone on here. Been stalking this page for like a year, not sure if il post here or 2019 though. Depends on when i get my score. :)
Fingers crossed you ll do great . Took mine 2weeks ago. I would advice building up stamina by simulating the exam with your uworld incorrects. Prepare your self for the length and fatigue of a 9 hour exam

Fingers crossed you ll do great . Took mine 2weeks ago. I would advice building up stamina by simulating the exam with your uworld incorrects. Prepare your self for the length and fatigue of a 9 hour exam
Thanks so much, im on my second run of Uworld so i dont have enough incorrects, but i guess the standard random timed blocks will do.

On UWSA1, I scored a 242

Congratulations . Can u plz share your exam day experience how u felt about questions.was exam overall doable or u find it hard? And could u manage time to look into marked ones

Hi Guys, I took my step 2 CK on 11/12 and my permit still hasn't disappeared, I was wondering if anyone else here took it the same day?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you end up getting your score report? I'm asking becuz my CK was on 11/12 and this Wed will be the 4th wed for me as well .. the wait is absolute torture :-/

Did you end up getting your score report? I'm asking becuz my CK was on 11/12 and this Wed will be the 4th wed for me as well .. the wait is absolute torture :-/
Nopes, still waiting. Did you try the step 3 trick? try to register for step 3 through the fsmb website if Step 2CK was your last step. If you are able to then you passed. In my case this is still not working.

Nopes, still waiting. Did you try the step 3 trick? try to register for step 3 through the fsmb website if Step 2CK was your last step. If you are able to then you passed. In my case this is still not working.
Nope, unfortunately I haven't done CS yet, so the Step 3 trick wont work for me.. Has your scheduling permit disappeared yet? If yes, when? I've been freaking OUT about mine not disappearing .... :-(

congrats !! how did u improve ur score? what were ur study resources in those 3 weeks?

Thanks, and I'm not entirely sure. I was expecting a score about 10 points lower on the real thing. I exclusively used UWorld to study, and probably did about 85-90% of the total question bank (~5 weeks of study time total). I did however spend the last 2-3 days just exclusively doing incorrects though, which I think helped more than doing the last 10% of the qbank.

My scheduling permit seems to have disappeared! I really hope this is good a sign .. good luck to All of us ...

Thanks, and I'm not entirely sure. I was expecting a score about 10 points lower on the real thing. I exclusively used UWorld to study, and probably did about 85-90% of the total question bank (~5 weeks of study time total). I did however spend the last 2-3 days just exclusively doing incorrects though, which I think helped more than doing the last 10% of the qbank.
what was yr uworld avg before incorrect?

Just took mine. Went in confident, especially after everyone kept saying trust your scores. Worst exam ive ever taken, extremely vague. Found myself guessing on alot of it :whistle:. At this point im just hoping to pass.

Just took mine. Went in confident, especially after everyone kept saying trust your scores. Worst exam ive ever taken, extremely vague. Found myself guessing on alot of it :whistle:. At this point im just hoping to pass.
Took mine a few weeks ago and this is how I felt too.. I should have my score report tomorrow and I’ve been stressing so bad ..idk why everyone says ck is easy

Sorry, from a few weeks ago

CSSA 6 (3 weeks out): 224
UWSA 1 (2 weeks out): 228
USWA 2 (2 days out): 242

Step 2
Took mine a few weeks ago and this is how I felt too.. I should have my score report tomorrow and I’ve been stressing so bad ..idk why everyone says ck is easy
agreed. Can u please share exam day experience, how u felt about exam , was it doable? And how many percentage of questions u felt u knew the answer

I took mine gew days ago and im freaking out here. And i keep asking everyone how they felt anonymous their exam, can u share how it overall went ? And how were ur assessments

I took mine gew days ago and im freaking out here. And i keep asking everyone how they felt anonymous their exam, can u share how it overall went ? And how were ur assessments
on the three step 2 CK NBME's i got 230 > 224 (nbme7) > 239
UW SA1 240
UW SA2 241
On test day it felt like a lot of questions were very vague/ did not provide key info to rule out one of the last two most likely answers. i marked probably 25-30% of questions for review.
How about you?

So I gave my exam on the 9th and have been waiting for my results since 4 weeks. I tried the Step 3 trick to apply and for the past week I couldn't apply and today I can. I hope that's a positive sign that I passed!!! I have been stressing out ever since I came out of the exam that I didn't so I'm hoping that the fact that I can register for my Step 3 means I passed!

So I gave my exam on the 9th and have been waiting for my results since 4 weeks. I tried the Step 3 trick to apply and for the past week I couldn't apply and today I can. I hope that's a positive sign that I passed!!! I have been stressing out ever since I came out of the exam that I didn't so I'm hoping that the fact that I can register for my Step 3 means I passed!
My scheduling permit disappeared last night so I'm hoping that means i passed as well...Seems like we'll both find out by this time tomorrow! Good luck! At this point I'm wondering I'm seriously considering taking the day off tomorrow so I can check my score in private instead of at work :-/

Reactions: 1 user
Well...it went kinda like this:
Block 1 :meh
Block 2 :not so bad
Block 3 - 8:i mean i could always just quit med school.
Seriously though i could say i was confident for about 40% of it, 30%: educated guess, 30%: what on earth do you want from me.
The test was actually extremely vague for me and i was frequently down to 2 correct answers and just used my "gut"
UWSA 1:257
UWSA 2:248
NBME 7:211
NBME 8:232

Well...it went kinda like this:
Block 1 :meh
Block 2 :not so bad
Block 3 - 8:i mean i could always just quit med school.
Seriously though i could say i was confident for about 40% of it, 30%: educated guess, 30%: what on earth do you want from me.
The test was actually extremely vague for me and i was frequently down to 2 correct answers and just used my "gut"
UWSA 1:257
UWSA 2:248
NBME 7:211
NBME 8:232
Ur assessment seem very good , dw you’ll get ur desired scores

Good luck for the big day. Plz do share ur experience

on the three step 2 CK NBME's i got 230 > 224 (nbme7) > 239
UW SA1 240
UW SA2 241
On test day it felt like a lot of questions were very vague/ did not provide key info to rule out one of the last two most likely answers. i marked probably 25-30% of questions for review.
How about you?
I had similar assessments, but my exam went like a rollercoaster ride, I have total amnesia of what i did, only thing I remember is i was marking 25-30 qs that means I wasn’t sure about more than half of the ans and was simply guessing between two, that’s why im super scared of results, plz do share ur result tomorrow, I pray u get ur desired scores

Just got my score- 239! I know it’s not the absolute best, but I’m happy. It’s a big jump from my step 1 score of 224...

Reactions: 3 users
Step 2 CK: 260

4.5 weeks to prepare... Probably only two weeks total of good work. Was just too burnt out after aways rotations and distracted by interview season invites and one interview (at a school I really care about).

Assessments:
Uworld 1- 260
NBME6- 257
NBME 7- 247
NBME 8- 247
Uworld 2- 253

Aweful test, felt okay leaving the exam mainly cuz I was numb... and then slipped into a minor depression in the next few hours as I realized I made painfully obvious mistake after mistake. I verified thst I missed at least 7 gimme questions (I remeber questions all to well for better and worse). Also verified I missed over 20 additional questions and was uncomfortable with many more... so yeah 27 missed at least 1000 percent certain. Good luck to everyone else. All I did was Uworld and I regret not using reviewing the free questions, NBMEs more thoroughly ( all I did was take them, I never looked at which ones I missed cuz the new review format is such a pain), and the CMEs. Saw many questions that were replicas from the NBMEs so I imagine if i had I would have studied them and the CMEs I would have recognized many more.

I know the NBMEs get a bad rep for predicting scores, but right on the website it shows that the majority of people score either 0-9 or 10-19 points higher. They give you a lil lower but still accurate representation of where you stand in my opinion. They are conservative in predicting your score, but they say so right on your score report. Should have scored higher but the test is forgiving of repeat dumb mistakes since it's over 300 questions.

Good luck to everyone. Glad the wait is over.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Step 2 CK: 260

4.5 weeks to prepare... Probably only two weeks total of good work. Was just too burnt out after aways rotations and distracted by interview season invites and one interview (at a school I really care about).

Assessments:
Uworld 1- 260
NBME6- 257
NBME 7- 247
NBME 8- 247
Uworld 2- 253

Aweful test, felt okay leaving the exam mainly cuz I was numb... and then slipped into a minor depression in the next few hours as I realized I made painfully obvious mistake after mistake. I verified thst I missed at least 7 gimme questions (I remeber questions all to well for better and worse). Also verified I missed over 20 additional questions and was uncomfortable with many more... so yeah 27 missed at least 1000 percent certain. Good luck to everyone else. All I did was Uworld and I regret not using reviewing the free questions, NBMEs more thoroughly ( all I did was take them, I never looked at which ones I missed cuz the new review format is such a pain), and the CMEs. Saw many questions that were replicas from the NBMEs so I imagine if i had I would have studied them and the CMEs I would have recognized many more.

I know the NBMEs get a bad rep for predicting scores, but right on the website it shows that the majority of people score either 0-9 or 10-19 points higher. They give you a lil lower but still accurate representation of where you stand in my opinion. They are conservative in predicting your score, but they say so right on your score report. Should have scored higher but the test is forgiving of repeat dumb mistakes since it's over 300 questions.

Good luck to everyone. Glad the wait is over.

congrats thats an amazing score. Can u share how far apart ur assessments were? also how many uworld blocks were u doing a day in last 3 weeks?
How heavy is biostats on the exam?

what's the significance of permit link disappearing? my link is gone when I first checked 2 days ago.....I am not expecting results for another week or two.

I haven’t taken CS yet but already registered for it, so I can’t do the step 3 trick.And my permit for CK was expired nov 30th.
So i tried to begin a new application (i clicked bar to begin application for Step1,ck and CS) and it was unable to proceed. Does it mean I passed CK? My result is expected coming week

congrats thats an amazing score. Can u share how far apart ur assessments were? also how many uworld blocks were u doing a day in last 3 weeks?
How heavy is biostats on the exam?
Yeah, approx 1 assessment a week and then did the last nbme with uworld 2 on the same day to simulate the exam 3 days prior to the read deal. Biostats were either simple straight forward stuff or crazy abstract... Like the type of questions you hope or think are experimental. So not really much to study beyond the basics in my opinion. Im too scared to comment on the number of questions sorry. I know the NBME is cra cra with what is considered a violation.

When I click on my permit, the following message shows: "Application error: Permit is not available. The candidate may have sat for the exam or the registration is no longer active"

Does this mean my score is coming out next week? I took my test 2 weeks ago.

When I click on my permit, the following message shows: "Application error: Permit is not available. The candidate may have sat for the exam or the registration is no longer active"

Does this mean my score is coming out next week? I took my test 2 weeks ago.
you will find out next week?