NOVA Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!! Did any of you have the Jan 10 interview?

Members don't see this ad.

which one is better and why ?
i got accepted to both the colleges

Members don't see this ad :)
which one is better and why ?
i got accepted to both the colleges

I believe that the decision to attend one over the other should be judged by what you want out of a Pharmacy school.

Do you want something local?
In or neighboring a major city?
Is tuition a factor?
Graduation success rate?
Passing boards percentage rate?

I didn't pay too much mind to some ranking system's because the rankings may be subjective or biased depending on the source.

I made a decision of attending between Nova and Lecom; it was outlined by my feelings and answers to the questions above. And the feedback I received from faculty and students during my interviews and tours were helpful because they were particular to the questions I was asking during interviews and tours.

I hope this helps your assessment and decision, good luck!

I interviewed on January 27th at Nova Southeastern and just got my acceptance email today!! I will be attending in the Fall and I look forward to meeting everyone, and best of luck to everyone else still awating interviews/responses!

Last edited:
the only thing good about south is that it is three year instead of four
and nova is four year ..but i loved that campus

Time to start buying some scrubs... Even though my wallet is 1000 dollars lighter.

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the roll call for 2014/2015. Please post in the sticky thread or PM me your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).:)

hey guys, to those of you being accepted/interviewed, how many of you have a BS?

I just found out, after my email being in my inbox for over 3 days, that I have an interview at NOVA! :DDDDD

It's for March 22nd at 9 AM, anybody else has one for that date?

Last edited:
Congrats shadii!!! I'm still waitin to see if I get one.. I actually submitted mine on the 26th. Hmm not a good sign.

Members don't see this ad :)
i will be getting my bachelors degree in the beginning of august

Thank you :D

I was wondering if anybody else got an inteview without the PCAT scores? I had heard they were getting people without PCATs but I wasn't so sure but I know I know for sure. Even though they will receive my PCAT scores by the time of the interview.

If you did get an interview without the scores, what was your GPA?

BTW..I'm freaking out about the interview :scared:

Thank you :D

I was wondering if anybody else got an inteview without the PCAT scores? I had heard they were getting people without PCATs but I wasn't so sure but I know I know for sure. Even though they will receive my PCAT scores by the time of the interview.

If you did get an interview without the scores, what was your GPA?

BTW..I'm freaking out about the interview :scared:

NOVA does give out interviews without PCAT scores but then, they required you to get at least 70 on the PCAT!

Time to start buying some scrubs... Even though my wallet is 1000 dollars lighter.

lol I was thinking the same thing, any idea where we should get our scrubs from?

I know the school is not picky on color as long as it's uniform top and bottom. I'm just wondering where to get them from.

Had my interview on the 3rd, was very impressed by Nova... my top choice. Dying to find out if I got in, won't know for a few weeks... :(

Anyone know, if you put both campuses on your application, do you get to choose which one if you are accepted? I am no longer interested in the satellite campus. =/

had my interview on the 3rd, was very impressed by nova... My top choice. Dying to find out if i got in, won't know for a few weeks... :(

anyone know, if you put both campuses on your application, do you get to choose which one if you are accepted? I am no longer interested in the satellite campus. =/

when you get your acceptance packet, you will receive a document where you have to mark the campus you want to attend. Best of luck to you!

Im happy all the stress is over, waiting for a response after the interview was horrible!!! finally all the hard work has paid off. :laugh:

Anybody know approximately how many seats are left to fill at Nova? I have an interview there on 3-1, but I would be coming from like 12 hours away and was debating whether or not I should spend the money. I am interested in Nova for sure, but don't wanna waste more resources, then I have too. Thanks!

^Wondering the same!

Also, the admissions committee is supposed to be meeting tomorrow, does anyone know how long after they meet until we find out if we got in? My interview was 2/4. The suspense is killing me. =/

I have never posted anything in this website before. But the waiting is killing me. Has anyone heard anything from Nova who has been interviewed this month? They usually don’t take this long to respond from what I read from other threads. Does it mean I’m rejected? :confused:

Does anyone know when Nova's interviews end? Like I know UF can go all the way until June but some schools I know stop interviewing earlier.

I have never posted anything in this website before. But the waiting is killing me. Has anyone heard anything from Nova who has been interviewed this month? They usually don’t take this long to respond from what I read from other threads. Does it mean I’m rejected? :confused:

NO THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE REJECTED! EMAIL TRACY, SHE WILL LET YOU KNOW IF YOUR FILE HAS BEEN PLACED ON HOLD.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::luck::luck::luck:

Interview is still like a month away..it feels so long. I emailed tracy today if there are any spots open for a closer date because I dont want to be one of the last ones fighting for the last few seats.

Interview is still like a month away..it feels so long. I emailed tracy today if there are any spots open for a closer date because I dont want to be one of the last ones fighting for the last few seats.

Not entirely true. I interviewed in beginning of May (last year) for WPB campus, and I got accepted along with the other two people interviewing that same day. The P3 at the time (P4 now) that gave us our tour, told us that A LOT of seats were still open....in May.

Not quite sure why that was, maybe weak applicants before us. Because during my interview the faculty told me that they already had over 1800 applications across the 3 campuses. So, a late interview doesn't necessarily mean less seats up for grabs. Just stay positive and do your best.

Does anyone know if Nova normally give extensions to pay fees? I already paid my first $500 acceptance fee but i do not yet have the $500 pre-registration fee they are asking for and my deadline is coming up fast.

Congrats guys/gals that matriculated into NSU-COP, you're coming into a great program for the most part. Some classes are bs as in all schools but most part its very good. Oh yeh the curriculum has been changed so now its a bit harder for you guys. But you'll tough it through. Hope you guys applied for davie lol main campus.

NO THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE REJECTED! EMAIL TRACY, SHE WILL LET YOU KNOW IF YOUR FILE HAS BEEN PLACED ON HOLD.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::luck::luck::luck:

thank, I emailed Tracy on the 2/23 but I haven't heard back anything yet.

Hey guys for those of you who got accepted. What did you guys score on the pcat?

I had an 88 pcat and was not accepted, so I'm assuming everyone that got in had super high pcats. either that or i got screwed.

I had an 88 pcat and was not accepted, so I'm assuming everyone that got in had super high pcats. either that or i got screwed.

it probably wasnt ur pcat then...it must've been your GPA im assuming, was it low?

Are April interviews just interviews for being placed on the hold list or what? Is there a minimum PCAT score that is needed?

may have been a combo of the interview and 2.9 GPA? Good luck at PBA!

I had extenuating personal circumstances regarding my low GPA which I am not discussing here, but a 2.95 GPA at UF really should count more than a slightly higher GPA at an easier college, and the 88 PCAT score should count more since it is standardized. I would think my 2 published drug research studies and my pharmaceutics lab assistant experience would have somewhat offset that, but apparently a low PCAT and a high GPA at some community college is preferable.

Oh, and they mailed me someone else's rejection letter, very professional.

Last edited:
I had extenuating personal circumstances regarding my low GPA which I am not discussing here, but a 2.95 GPA at UF really should count more than a slightly higher GPA at an easier college, and the 88 PCAT score should count more since it is standardized. I would think my 2 published drug research studies would have somewhat offset that, but apparently a low PCAT and a high GPA at some community college is preferable.

Oh, and they mailed me someone else's rejection letter, very professional.

PCATs shouldn't mean squat to be honest. Some fair better on standardized tests than others, so it's a bunch of BS to be honest. I've been on the dean's list numerous times in Rx school and I got a 59 on the PCAT. It doesn't correlate to how you're going to do in pharmacy school, you can bet on that.

From your posts, I see that you attitude is a little off. Being a pharmacist requires you to be a professional, and if something doesn't go your way, it doesn't warrant you to blame others or become "rude".

Maybe your spirits will be lifted at PBA during your religious classes.

PCATs shouldn't mean squat to be honest. Some fair better on standardized tests than others, so it's a bunch of BS to be honest. I've been on the dean's list numerous times in Rx school and I got a 59 on the PCAT. It doesn't correlate to how you're going to do in pharmacy school, you can bet on that.

From your posts, I see that you attitude is a little off. Being a pharmacist requires you to be a professional, and if something doesn't go your way, it doesn't warrant you to blame others or become "rude".

Maybe your spirits will be lifted at PBA during your religious classes.

Standardized tests put everyone on the same playing field instead of comparing GPAs of schools of varying difficulty, which is apples and oranges. Do you really think a GPA of, say, 3.5 from University of Miami and a GPA of 3.5 from Palm Beach State (Community) College are equivalent?

Sure, it's not at all understandable that someone is upset that they didn't get into their first choice school. GPA aside, the rest of my application was stellar. I have every right to be upset, and I have the right to be upset that I didn't even receive my own rejection letter, they mailed me someone else's and the poor girl whose letter I received didn't receive anything at all and had to find out by me finding her on facebook to get her address to forward her letter. If that's "professional," I don't want anything to do with it.

Standardized tests put everyone on the same playing field instead of comparing GPAs of schools of varying difficulty, which is apples and oranges. Do you really think a GPA of, say, 3.5 from University of Miami and a GPA of 3.5 from Palm Beach State (Community) College are equivalent?

Sure, it's not at all understandable that someone is upset that they didn't get into their first choice school. GPA aside, the rest of my application was stellar. I have every right to be upset, and I have the right to be upset that I didn't even receive my own rejection letter, they mailed me someone else's and the poor girl whose letter I received didn't receive anything at all and had to find out by me finding her on facebook to get her address to forward her letter. If that's "professional," I don't want anything to do with it.

I completely agree with you that it gets me mad that a gpa from a university is looked at as equal value to a gpa from a community college. i mean friends at pbcc get take home chemistry tests wtf. meanwhile I had to bust my ass to just get C's. If I wouldve known that I wouldve just gone to pbcc for two years and applied as opposed to getting my bachelors at a university trying to boost my gpa.

look dont be mad. ur going to a school that actually cares for their students. the professionalism at NOVA is terrible...the fact that they email you to notify u got accepted is unbelievable. screw them, its their loss. u will be better off at PBA, trust me.

I dont feel that is necessarily true, i took my classes at a community college Im a straight A student, and I also tutor UM, FIU and FAU students, and can easily ace their exams, so I believe there should not be any preference to which school you take your courses in, a grade is a grade no matter where you take it..

I dont feel that is necessarily true, i took my classes at a community college Im a straight A student, and I also tutor UM, FIU and FAU students, and can easily ace their exams, so I believe there should not be any preference to which school you take your courses in, a grade is a grade no matter where you take it..

Lol no..just because you can does not mean the rest of the class can. I know FOR SURE if any of my class mates take any test from an university, they would fail. They can barely pass the dumbed down one the community college gives. An A in an university does not equal an A in CC. The teachers have way less expectations from students because a lot of people that go to CC is because they probably wouldn't have been accepted to an university and financial cost(there's the other factor, less family income does correlate with academic performance). Not everyone, of course.