NOVA Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not really. Im wondering if there is anything I am supposed to do now. I feel like going to the school to make sure Im not missing any paperwork or to ask what I should do now... I'm waiting till jan/feb after I get my tax information to fill out fafsa, but do you know if there is anything else we should be working on??

Members don't see this ad.

also i wanted to know did you have all pre reqs complete when interviewed or some left? I still would have to do organic chem 2?

It is not required to have them all completed, but the more you do the better they can gauge your academic ability.

If you don't have them completed, it will just be part of your conditional acceptance to do so.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those planning to attend, I created a Facebook group for our class. Apparently Facebook changed things up with making groups so I have to approve everyone who joins. But yeah, just request, and I'll add ya.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_152541208130269

This will be a good way for us to get to know each other before we start up in the Fall.

hey congratz guys... just curious, where do they conduct the interviews - Ft. Lauderdale or Miami campus?

CubanGator, how did the interview go? What were some questions that left you like WTF?

CubanGator, how did the interview go? What were some questions that left you like WTF?

It's an open file interview, so nothing should shock you. They ask about you specifically.

Erin is right! its an open file interview... but one question that left me like WTF? was why they should accept me... somehow I gave a good answer and she smiled and wrote it down...

ps. yup they do write down most of the things you say so the committee can read it later on before making their final decision. Make sure you ask lots of questions. They LOVE that!
:thumbup::luck::);):xf:

Hey. I just got a letter saying that I am an "alternate" candidate. I believe this means that I am on the waiting list, however, why would they have a waiting list so early??? :confused: Did anyone get a letter like that?

Hey. I just got a letter saying that I am an "alternate" candidate. I believe this means that I am on the waiting list, however, why would they have a waiting list so early??? :confused: Did anyone get a letter like that?

Idk why but I do know that in about a month and a half they will have a lot of applicants from the Jan 22 PCAT, including myself. So I'm guessing they want to wait and see how this batch of applicants is. Hopefully, one of those seats has my name on it :D

Members don't see this ad :)
For those on the alternate list, after much consideration I had to decline my acceptance. Hopefully one of you will take my seat. Best of luck to all!!!

I guess I will have to wait a long time then. I will keep my fingers crossed and I hope all of us will get in one school or another!

Where did you decide to go Ifrank?

Where did you decide to go Ifrank?

I chose LECOM Erie:). It was tough to leave the sun for snow :bang:. LECOM has been my number one choice since the beginning :D. I didn't check the thread are you going to NOVA? I think NOVA is a real good school, I was planning to attend the WPB campus. Well good luck to you and the rest!!

PS. It's funny, I have so much marketing material from Nova (T-shirts, pen, mouse pad, flash drive, books, and so much more). They have a really good marketing campaign!!!

Hi, you all.

I have submitted my PharmCAS application on October and the supplemental application on November, but I still have not heard anything from Nova.

When did you guys submit your applications and when were you offered for the interviews?

Thanks,

Hi, you all.

I have submitted my PharmCAS application on October and the supplemental application on November, but I still have not heard anything from Nova.

When did you guys submit your applications and when were you offered for the interviews?

Thanks,

I am in the same boat as you. Submitted PharmCAS in October, supplemental in November. Still no word back from them-no rejection, no interview invite, nothing! I received an email saying they were reviewing my application months ago and that is all.

Can anyone offer any advice/expertise as to where I stand?

Thanks!

I am in the same boat as you. Submitted PharmCAS in October, supplemental in November. Still no word back from them-no rejection, no interview invite, nothing! I received an email saying they were reviewing my application months ago and that is all.

Can anyone offer any advice/expertise as to where I stand?

Thanks!
Yes I'd like to know as well. Does anyone know how much time is left for them to continue offering interview invites? I feel as if time is running out. It doesn't look good for me; I submitted everything in August and nothing yet :(

I had my interview this month now i have to wait till the beginning of feb to know if i got accepted or not. i was told that the committee does not meet until the 28th. Does anyone know the ratio of accepted to interviewed?

it stressful having to wait about a month for the results but at :xf:least i know when i should received the email. :xf:

Does anyone know how they select the campus if I get accepted? Is it personal preference?

Hello everyone! :)

I'm interviewing Jan 27th and I must admit I'm a little nervous after reading some of the things people have posted :scared: :xf:

...is anyone else interviewing that day??? :)

Interview 2/3/11

I live in Tampa Florida area, let me know if you want to ride together!

I will be driving over Wednesday night, and getting a hotel.

:)

Hello, MilisaurusRex and amox.

Could you tell when did you guys submit each PharmCAS application and NOVA supplemental application? It does not have to be the exact dates you have applied,,, but just submitting month or (beginning month or mid or end of month).

I also e-mailed them to ask about my status but they never replied!!!

Thank you,

i have answered my Own question.....

In 2010 Nova accepted 77% of the ones they interviewed.

they interviewed 450 and accepted 350 :love:

this information came from the pharmcas website

http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/schoolNOVApage.htm

So if you are like me and waiting for your reply after your interview you can relax a little since there is a 77% chance you will be accepted.
:thumbup:

Hello, MilisaurusRex and amox.

Could you tell when did you guys submit each PharmCAS application and NOVA supplemental application? It does not have to be the exact dates you have applied,,, but just submitting month or (beginning month or mid or end of month).

I also e-mailed them to ask about my status but they never replied!!!

Thank you,

No problema Pharm7jp! :p

Well my PharmCAS was E-submitted on 10/21 and I sent my NOVA supplemental application on 12/15. I was emailed with an interview invite on 12/20.

I would just call them instead of emailing. Even though it is more nerve-racking that way, you'll definitely get the quickest response. :)

Best of Luck!!! :luck::xf:

Did anyone accepted to NOVA who mailed in their first deposit receive anything else from the school so far? I sent in my deposit on 1-5-11, and I haven't heard from them since (other than the payment confirmation e-mail)

I'm interviewing Jan 27th and I must admit I'm a little nervous after reading some of the things people have posted :scared: :xf:

The interview isn't so bad. They basically have 2 interviewers (both were professors in my case). At my interview, they also had a student present who was completing a residency in pharmacy education. They employed a good cop/bad cop strategy...one woman was very hard to please, but with concise, confident statements, she seemed please and would move on to the next question. The basically have your file write in front of them. If you have a grade lower than a B, or a bad PCAT subscore, expect to be asked about it.

You are lucky that your interview is the 27th. The committee will meet on the 28th to decide who will be accepted from the January interviews. My interview was at the beginning of the month so i have been waiting all this time for my response. Tracy said we should get our answer by the 10 of feb. after it passes the committee it will then have to be authorized by the dean.

My interview with Lecom in brendanton is the 27th but i will prefer going to nova since it is 10 minutes away from my house.

Good luck on your interview, i didnt have a good cop/ bad cop. they both seemed nice. none of the questions should be a surprise, every question that they asked me this site told me they would so i was well prepared.

Is anyone still getting interview invites at this point? When do the interview invites stop?

The interview isn't so bad. They basically have 2 interviewers (both were professors in my case). At my interview, they also had a student present who was completing a residency in pharmacy education. They employed a good cop/bad cop strategy...one woman was very hard to please, but with concise, confident statements, she seemed please and would move on to the next question. The basically have your file write in front of them. If you have a grade lower than a B, or a bad PCAT subscore, expect to be asked about it.

You are lucky that your interview is the 27th. The committee will meet on the 28th to decide who will be accepted from the January interviews. My interview was at the beginning of the month so i have been waiting all this time for my response. Tracy said we should get our answer by the 10 of feb. after it passes the committee it will then have to be authorized by the dean.

My interview with Lecom in brendanton is the 27th but i will prefer going to nova since it is 10 minutes away from my house.

Good luck on your interview, i didnt have a good cop/ bad cop. they both seemed nice. none of the questions should be a surprise, every question that they asked me this site told me they would so i was well prepared.

Thanks sooo much for the tips and info!! :)

Oooo that makes me happy I'll find out soon too...the waiting part is the worst! :scared:

...in terms of LECOM Bradenton, I interviewed there 1/6 and they are really quick at notifying you...you can even call or email Lauren, the admissions advisor, the following week (probably Monday or Tuesday) and she'll let you know what the committee decided :)

Best of Luck Prime85 at LECOM! :luck:

Interview 2/3/11

I live in Tampa Florida area, let me know if you want to ride together!

I will be driving over Wednesday night, and getting a hotel.

:)

Canceled Interview!

Got accepted to USF my first choice! I hope one of you gets my 77/100 of a seat :) haha

Good luck everyone!

Hey, MilisaurusRex!
Thank you for letting me know your dates!
finally I got an e-mail back from Nova. it said they are reviewing my application so... i have to wait a little more i guess.

Thanks again!

I interviewed at Nova on the 25h, I was very impressed with the facility and the enthusiasm or our student tour guides. After waiting literally all afternoon ( i was the last one called in for interview) I have to see it was GREAT! I had two professors and they didn't ask more than 5 questions. All the questions were personal and one regarding some low grades I received over 6 years ago when I took some business classes. Over all, my interview lasted about 15-20 minutes ( 5 min were spent on me asking questions) and it went well.

Just be yourself and you'll do fine!

Now we just have to wait patiently for our results!

I just submitted the supplemental application and when it asked me to pay I tried paying but it would take me to a page that didn't work so I went back and clicked pay later. It told me to send the payment to the some address, does this meant that I HAVE to send like a money order or is there anyway that I can pay online? I've looked around and last time I tried to get in contact with them I called about 15 times and every time I would just get transferred somewhere where nobody answered..

The same thing happened to me regarding online payment Shadi. I sent a check written fromy personal bank account and that was fine.

I just submitted the supplemental application and when it asked me to pay I tried paying but it would take me to a page that didn't work so I went back and clicked pay later. It told me to send the payment to the some address, does this meant that I HAVE to send like a money order or is there anyway that I can pay online? I've looked around and last time I tried to get in contact with them I called about 15 times and every time I would just get transferred somewhere where nobody answered..

Same thing happened to my girlfriend, she was able to pay over the phone but i believe they told her that after 24 hours you are able to pay online.

My girlfriend and I both got our acceptance emails from Tracy today! I'll see you all in august!

Just received my email from Tracy Templin, I have been accepted!!!!!!!!!

yeahhhh i just got my acceptance letter today too!!! so excited!:love:

congrats congrats!!!! looks like we're all 4 year class mates!!!!