NOVA Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

utvols19

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I was just wondering if anyone has gotten interview invites yet. I just got an email from NOVA to be interviewed. I haven't taken my PCAT yet (I take it in 10 days) so I was wondering if NOVA gives out a lot of interviews or you think they probably really liked my application? Any thoughts would be awesome! Thanks everyone

(merge if needed)

Members don't see this ad.

I am wondering too as I am planning to apply to the same school next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I havn't taken the PCAT yet. My gpa is 3.45

WOW! That is quick!!! That is awesome! I haven't heard anything from my schools yet, and I expect the earliest I will hear something will be the end of next month. NOVA doesn't use PharmCAS, or do they?

Last cycle they had a pretty high interview to acceptance ratio. It's not a done deal, but you certainly have higher chances than someone who was not invited.

i plan on applying there and at PBA. GPA is 3.25 PCAT is 80. Bachelors in Biology in December.

Yeah I read on pharmcas that they give out 450 interviews and accept 350 people

I figured I'd ask this here instead of making a new thread. I calculated my overall GPA from PharmCAS (the way it states they calculate it) and I got a 2.79. This seems very low and I was wondering if they look at the school GPA more or the pharmcas GPA? My GPA at school is 3.14, but the pharmcas GPA is sooooooooo low. :/

Today I received an email from NOVA saying "we have received your Pharmcas application and upon review your application is being considered for interview". Then they told me to submit the supplemental.

Today I received an email from NOVA saying "we have received your Pharmcas application and upon review your application is being considered for interview". Then they told me to submit the supplemental.

whats your stats if you dont mind me asking? do you have a bachelors or did you just do the pre-reqs?

Members don't see this ad :)
whats your stats if you dont mind me asking? do you have a bachelors or did you just do the pre-reqs?

Pcat-no scores yet- took it in Aug
GPA- 3.57
Associates degree in Nursing in 07

Hey I was just wondering if anyone has gotten interview invites yet. I just got an email from NOVA to be interviewed. I haven't taken my PCAT yet (I take it in 10 days) so I was wondering if NOVA gives out a lot of interviews or you think they probably really liked my application? Any thoughts would be awesome! Thanks everyone

(merge if needed)

I am interviewing there on 10/6, what about you?
I'm scared about the interview especially what I have read about the good cop/bad cop tactic.

Where is everyone from? I'm flying in on the 5th from California

I'm scared about the interview especially what I have read about the good cop/bad cop tactic.

You already received an interview? Exciting! Did you apply early? What are your stats like?

What is involved in their supplemental? (i.e. - their fees, essays, etc.)
$50 fee. There are two "essays" I guess you could call them. The first I think asks something along the lines of "please state any special circumstances that would help the admissions committee make a decision on your app".. and the second is pretty much a brief summary of why you chose nova.

You already received an interview? Exciting! Did you apply early? What are your stats like?

My pharmcas was sent on august 30th and I sent my supplemental on 9/1.

I have a 3.48 cGPA and 3.48 sGPA. I have a 95 cum pcat. and i got a bs from USC

My pharmcas was sent on august 30th and I sent my supplemental on 9/1.

I have a 3.48 cGPA and 3.48 sGPA. I have a 95 cum pcat. and i got a bs from USC
wow so how fast did they offer you that interview? like 2 days?

what good cop/ bad cop tactic?

Yea i got the invite on 9/3. I am super scared about interviewing here and worried about all of the jet lag :eek:

In regards to the good cop/bad cop if you read the thread from last year people posted that nova is known for having one interview play a "good cop" role while the other one plays a "bad cop" and basically tears your app apart. not sure if its true that just what people last year said

Yea i got the invite on 9/3. I am super scared about interviewing here and worried about all of the jet lag :eek:

In regards to the good cop/bad cop if you read the thread from last year people posted that nova is known for having one interview play a "good cop" role while the other one plays a "bad cop" and basically tears your app apart. not sure if its true that just what people last year said

wow that sux lol. i just interviewed at PBA and it felt like a regular conversation. very laid back.

I got an interview invite for mid october!

im interviewing oct. 14th at 9:00am. I'm coming in from southern california. its going to be an expensive trip, hope its worth it! good luck to everyone else.

Oops, this thread reminded me that I should probably turn in my supplemental some time soon.

how much is the supplemental and where is it does pharmcas send it to you or do u have to go find it on their website?

how much is the supplemental and where is it does pharmcas send it to you or do u have to go find it on their website?

$50. I'm pretty sure that the supplemental app. is emailed to you after they receive your PharmCAS application. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong!

JD

$50. I'm pretty sure that the supplemental app. is emailed to you after they receive your PharmCAS application. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong!

JD
after nova receives your pharmcas application, they review it, then nova sends you the link to the supplemental if they want to interview you.

Hey everyone what are my chances with NOVA???

PCAT composite 69 (english is my second language :()

sGPA 3.302

cGPA 3.427

Good LoR's, Pharmacy Experience, Strong personal statement.

(By the way, I go to UF so a science GPA of 3.3 is a really good GPA there.)
:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

after nova receives your pharmcas application, they review it, then nova sends you the link to the supplemental if they want to interview you.
How do you know this for sure? So if Nova wasn't considering interviewing you then they wouldn't even send you the link to the supp?

I just wanted to confirm if your email said those exact words. Because the email they sent me did not say that at all.. it just said that they received the PharmCAS app and that the next step was to submit the supp app and pay the $50 fee.

And that's a big difference if yours said that. Let me know :cool:

I just wanted to confirm if your email said those exact words. Because the email they sent me did not say that at all.. it just said that they received the PharmCAS app and that the next step was to submit the supp app and pay the $50 fee.

Hmm... maybe?

I got that e-mail which also had a link to the supplemental and I got an interview invite the next day after submitting the supplemental application.

Hmm... maybe?

I got that e-mail which also had a link to the supplemental and I got an interview invite the next day after submitting the supplemental application.
Nice when did you submit your supplemental?

I also got an interview invitation 1 day after my PharmCAS was mailed out, which was a huge surprise to me. :rolleyes: Stat GPA 3.30, PCAT 92th. Also flying from Southern California! :D In the email, they also said "we have received your Pharmcas application and upon review your application is being considered for interview" like in ellina's email.

yes. It was exactly those words.

My application was received today and I also got the email stating to fill out the supplemental...but nothing about being considered for an interview. Can anyone verify the difference? I am still waiting on 2 rec letters to be sent in to PharmCAS...perhaps this is the why?

Did anyone who received an email not mentioning being considered for an intervew receive one after completing the supplemental application??

My application was received today and I also got the email stating to fill out the supplemental...but nothing about being considered for an interview. Can anyone verify the difference? I am still waiting on 2 rec letters to be sent in to PharmCAS...perhaps this is the why?

Did anyone who received an email not mentioning being considered for an intervew receive one after completing the supplemental application??

Not sure, but it's definitely not because of your rec letters missing. They also received my app today and sent me the same generic email, nothing about an interview. PharmCAS has PCAT, 3 LORs, all transcripts to date, essays, etc. from me, so nothing missing and I still got that email.

Interview invite. They gave me oct 21 9 am or oct 27 11am don't know which one yet I want but who's gonna be there?

I'm waiting for my application to be mailed out by pharmcas.

Can someone post the essay questions as they appear in the application including word or character limit so that I can get a head start?

Interview invite. They gave me oct 21 9 am or oct 27 11am don't know which one yet I want but who's gonna be there?

Same times here.

I can't make up my mind though! I'll miss less class on the 27th, so I'm kind of leaning towards that date.

JD

Did anyone who received an email not mentioning being considered for an intervew receive one after completing the supplemental application?
great question, I wonder if anyone knows the answer for sure