Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey yall,
Don’t give up yet! I know it seems like you want to do that but don’t. I am a current D1 and I didn’t get in until 5:55 pm central time and I was in OH at the time which was 6:55 pm I almost cried. Based on my knowledge they assign different names to different professors and they call you (that’s why its not in alphabetical order) and the professor who called me last year (wasn’t who interviewed me) she apologized and said they had a busy day and she was just able to call her assigned list. We just finished with our day so maybe some professors will call more people (they call to make it personal, they love that).

Even if they placed you on the waitlist (if you don’t get anywhere else God Forbid, keep waiting) we had someone who was off the waitlist literally 1-2 weeks before we started.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey yall,
Don’t give up yet! I know it seems like you want to do that but don’t. I am a current D1 and I didn’t get in until 5:55 pm central time and I was in OH at the time which was 6:55 pm I almost cried. Based on my knowledge they assign different names to different professors and they call you (that’s why its not in alphabetical order) and the professor who called me last year (wasn’t who interviewed me) she apologized and said they had a busy day and she was just able to call her assigned list. We just finished with our day so maybe some professors will call more people (they call to make it personal, they love that).

Even if they placed you on the waitlist (if you don’t get anywhere else God Forbid, keep waiting) we had someone who was off the waitlist literally 1-2 weeks before we started.
I think I may cry if I get a call at this point

Reactions: 1 users
My friend who was waitlisted last year said he got the email around 5 est
Hey yall,

Thank you for giving us a little bit of hope lmao

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I think the IS people are the ones who haven't heard yet because I have only seen OOS people get accepted

Maybe they are just done, or if they were behind they could have sent an email. Its a little ridiculous at this point in the day.

I figured at this point we’d at least have a rejection or wait list email

Haha exactly oh well. Maybe we can all wait until 6 then give up on hope haha

Do they take into account both the interview and the app, or just the interview?
I interviewed very early, back in September.

Do they take into account both the interview and the app, or just the interview?
I interviewed very early, back in September.
From what I've heard, I think they do consider both but just remember if they didn't care for your application you wouldn't have gotten an interview

Even on facebook those that are in state have not heard back from this school? So idk what gives

I wish, I've been sitting at my phone like all day lol
I just want an answer haha like there is no way they are making every call before 6 pm, and it sucks because I guess they would update the next business day which is monday.

my mood
1702681645717.png

I am out of state and have heard nothing either. No waitlist or rejection, no call

Reactions: 1 user
I think we are all just waitlisted atp. It is 5:30 and i don't think people have heard since 3

Waitlisted also. Does anyone know how long this process takes to be taken off the waitlist? or how the process works in general? Thank you

Waitlisted also. Does anyone know how long this process takes to be taken off the waitlist? or how the process works in general? Thank you
for this school, I'mma try to be optimistic
and say "soon", given how its quite expensive and most people are suggested to go to cheaper schools regardless of factors

Should I kiss their asses and send a thank you letter for being considered?

Did anyone get an email saying they are waitlisted other than the update on ADEA

Do you think its possible they put everyone on the waitlist who they didnt have a chance to call today? Or do you think thats pretty much it for acceptances at this point in the cycle

Do you think its possible they put everyone on the waitlist who they didnt have a chance to call today? Or do you think thats pretty much it for acceptances at this point in the cycle
I feel like we would have gotten an email from them letting us know we were waitlisted. Maybe we are just hoping for the best haha 😅

I dunno any more dude. All I can say is that I don't trust the process

I don't think so then they would have just not announced anything. I think we are all just wait listed at this point.