Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Hey all - quick question. Does anyone know if accepted students need to re-send transcripts directly to Midwestern? I was under the impression they were already received via ADEA AADSAS, but under the Accepted Student Checklist it shows schools under Required Transcripts as incomplete (red X symbol next to them), with a status of "expected". I'm thinking we do, but didn't want to if it isn't necessary. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, and fingers crossed for those still waiting! Thanks
Yes you have to resubmit that’s why it’s there pending

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi is the office of admissions open tomorrow? Should we wait for an official waitlist email then send the letter of intent or its fine if we send it?
You could probably send it without waiting for official waitlist status. If you wind up with a rejection letter soon thereafter, at least you'd know. :)

w

What do you recommend including in the letter since the university has also waitlisted everyone they interviewed?
Do you have to fill out a form to indicate continued interest in the school and stay as an alternate? If not, then send a letter of interest.

Members don't see this ad :)
does their waitlist move at all? according to last years thread it seemed like it did not move at all
expensive private school waitlists move the most
you folks all need to calm down and trust the process...

Members don't see this ad :)
So, question: If students are unranked while on the waitlist, how are some of the students they really want prioritized over the students they only kinda want? Or in other words, how do they pick students from a pool of applicants they haven't organized?

Did they reject anyone?
Not to be mean but I hope they did. It will hopefully shorten the waitlist. I suspect there will be no movement until after Jan 15th. I think early Feb is when they will send a second round of acceptances.

What sucks the most is that they are interviewing more students. Lowering the chances of being accepted for any student prior to dec 15th.
I don't mean to be rude, I understand they are professionals working their hardest thus I want to extend respect to them, but I don't like the phrase "trust the process" as I feel there is no transparency. They couldn't send out these emails for WL or acceptances on dec 15th in the morning but they can send emails on dec 31st for interview invites, or that they just now send WL emails; what I'm trying to get at is that it doesn't feel good and I can't plan properly.

I can't sit on a waitlist till mid-summer because I need to set-up contingency plans if I don't get in, whether it be changing from MA to MS, going for internships, doing research at the school, or anything else that'll require months of investments that I can't back out of so easily if I do get in.

What sucks the most is that they are interviewing more students. Lowering the chances of being accepted for any student prior to dec 15th.
I don't mean to be rude, I understand they are professionals working their hardest thus I want to extend respect to them, but I don't like the phrase "trust the process" as I feel there is no transparency. They couldn't send out these emails for WL or acceptances on dec 15th in the morning but they can send emails on dec 31st for interview invites, or that they just now send WL emails; what I'm trying to get at is that it doesn't feel good and I can't plan properly.

I can't sit on a waitlist till mid-summer because I need to set-up contingency plans if I don't get in, whether it be changing from MA to MS, going for internships, doing research at the school, or anything else that'll require months of investments that I can't back out of so easily if I do get in.
uh every school does this lol An interview doesn't guarantee anything and they have a right to interview more as nearly every school does to make sure they fill their class to their liking. The process sucks but oh well. Send letters of interest/intent and put your best foot forward. I know its frustrating, but the cycle is far from over

they don't owe any transparency, nor do they have to things as you want them to do
that's why you need to trust the process
you should always have contingency plans anyways...

Reactions: 2 users
uh every school does this lol An interview doesn't guarantee anything and they have a right to interview more as nearly every school does to make sure they fill their class to their liking. The process sucks but oh well. Send letters of interest/intent and put your best foot forward. I know its frustrating, but the cycle is far from over
yeah, I agree. 100%. They have the right to interview and accept whomever, I never said otherwise. I just don't think you can also say 'trust the process' while also saying it sucks.

Additionally, the fact that the cycle is far from over is the issue I have because I'm trying to dance around with several other plans incase I get rejected, but investing into those plans are risky as I may not be able to turn away from them if I get accepted.

there will be a bunch of movement around jan 15
then sporadically until the march deadline (adea requires schools to reveal if someone is holding more than one spot in the beginning of march), where the majority of remaining movement occurs
if you haven't been accepted by the third week in march, you should begin planning for next cycle
schools have been known to accept people right up to (and even during) orientation, but this is extremely rare...

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
yeah, I agree. 100%. They have the right to interview and accept whomever, I never said otherwise. I just don't think you can also say 'trust the process' while also saying it sucks.
Unfortunately you aren't in a position to change it. You can withdraw in protest, but you really have to trust the process.

Additionally, the fact that the cycle is far from over is the issue I have because I'm trying to dance around with several other plans incase I get rejected, but investing into those plans are risky as I may not be able to turn away from them if I get accepted.
You are not alone. You should always continue to improve and plan for a reapplication until you get accepted. This is true for medical school applications too, and many of them are just as anxious finalizing their plans.

I hear what you are saying bc it has been months already and a waitlist just makes it an even longer waiting game. Yes I understand everyone else is just trying to tell you not to lose hope. But it’s easier said than done for other people to tell you to trust the process, and if it doesn’t work out then oh well just improve your app and prepare to reapply. And I understand too having backups incase and other plans for next year is frustrating bc you don’t really know how you can plan with that until you hear from them. Especially when they are waitlisting you and you don’t really have any direction from them on how to improve.

I’m gonna hold out hope for you and I hope you’ll hear good news eventually! But to you and everyone else, yes “trust the process” but remember it’s also okay to have moments of doubt and frustration and to vent. I think it’s totally fair to share other perspectives and to have moments of feeling this way after all the hard work we have gone through.

Last edited:
They called me and I got off the waitlist yesterday!

Interview was end of sept I went in person & im out of state.
18 AA, 18 TS, 16 PAT
500+ shadowing, worked as an assistant for a few months, 2 research projects, decent community service hours but nothing crazy.
Gpa: 3.5
Sgpa: 3.3
(majored in business)
did you send in a letter of intent or anything? thanks!

I would send an email just to be safe and for your own sanity lol. I would personally be nonstop thinking about it! I dont think and email would hurt at all!

Last edited by a moderator:
They have started giving out post Dec 15 interviews. Which is kinda depressing due to us having to hear about even more ppl getting in before us :(

It is what it is haha cant change anything. Once the letter of intent is sent, there is nothing you can do except wait for the term waitlist. This waiting is killing me just staring at my phone for a call. I am so over it. Its been almost a month and I feel like it sucks so much waiting for this long and this can go until the end of the cycle.
well you have 2 choices, wait or just withdraw your application
i suggest you wait...

I mean, you can always send an update. Little embarrassing, sure, but no one's stopping you. They're not gonna kill ya.

I interviewed today and got an acceptance an hour after I left campus. I heard from some dental students that they got accepted in March so stay hopeful!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed today and got an acceptance an hour after I left campus. I heard from some dental students that they got accepted in March so stay hopeful!
did you feel really good about your interview? That's super fast of them

did you feel really good about your interview? That's super fast of them
i did! the whole experience went great and i absolutely loved my interviewers - they were super sweet and i connected with them instantly.