Letters Of Recommendation Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentpreneur

Reaction score
Hi,

The dentist I shadowed most recently (who is also a foreign trained dentist himself) seems to be very reluctant to give me his letter and not taking my calls. What should I do now?

I do have a letter from another US dentist (who works at a non-profit dental clinic) where I volunteered as a dental assistant. Would that letter be considered as a strong letter for CAAPID? Really confused and worried.

Members don't see this ad.

I think better try to personally meet him and request for a great letter. If he's hesitant, I would say you better try to get some other person's help instead of forcing someone. I know it's hard but you can only do as much as is in your hands. From next time, try to tell the person you shadow/volunteer that you would need their help with a great LOR before joining them. I hope everything works out well for you soon. Good luck. Also know that there are people there who might try to take advantage of you, they may promise you a letter but after their work is done, they might back off. So just be prepared and be wary of such people.

Reactions: 1 users
Also, I think that a letter from a dentist at community health clinic might be a better option than from someone at a private clinic. But then it also depends upon what good things they write for you. Have faith in God and believe that whatever happens happens for our good only. Do the best you can.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If the person is not comfortable recommending you, why do you keep insisting? Do you really want a bad letter?
Only submit good letters

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you. I got your point. I will ask the dentist at the non-profit clinic for the letter.
It was just annoying to see a senior dentist whom I have observed doing this. Time and again he made me feel that he is doing a big favor to me. And now he can't give me a good letter.

Thank you. I got your point. I will ask the dentist at the non-profit clinic for the letter.
It was just annoying to see a senior dentist whom I have observed doing this. Time and again he made me feel that he is doing a big favor to me. And now he can't give me a good letter.
Develop a thick skin - this is not a last AH on your way