Kroger vs. CVS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jimang

Reaction score
Got a job offer from both CVS and Kroger offering about same rate of ~50/hr with guaranteed 32 hours/week. Both of them are about same distance away from where I live. I've worked in Kroger for 5 years, so I am familiar with their system. Just wanted to ask to see what you guys are thinking about grocery store pharmacies, and pharmacy-main chains

Members don't see this ad.

Stick with Kroger. Obviously.

I've actually never worked retail but I'm pretty sure this is the right answer.

Reactions: 3 users
Kroger is generally regarded as one of the better retail employers and CVS is usually considered the worst. Of course you should stick with Kroger.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Walgreed/CVStress/Wrong Aid are all garbage and not worth it

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Also consider if your experience at Kroger counts towards the 401k match requirement (1+ year of employment usually) and vacation time (longer you work, more vacation time you get).

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Any time spent with Kroger prior to becoming a pharmacist counts. We had a lot of new grads with my class that had been techs before internship so they already came into full time being at 4 weeks of vacation and seniority.

Reactions: 1 user
I worked for Frys, a Kroger affiliate out west. It is working its way closer and closer to CVS, which is definitely not a good thing. Less and less hours, more and more metrics to meet. Retail in general is a joke. So glad I got out and work in the comforts in my own home 4 days a week. Drop in pay, but my sanity is more important.