Is CVS ever worth accepting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

txpharmacistk

Reaction score
I have been a pharmacy manager for Kroger for a good while now. The store I work at now is a good 45 minutes from home. A CVS less than 20 minutes from home has offered me their pharmacy manager position. It amounts to about a $10 per hour raise (~$20k a year) more with a $10k sign on bonus and 2 year contract. I’ve heard bad things about CVS but only have experience with Kroger. I’m happy at the store I’m in now but the distance is far. Is it really that much worse at CVS that the money and being closer wouldn’t make it worth it?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Move closer to your Kroger store, problem solved.

Reactions: 1 user
CVS is a dead end. You will quit or get fired within your near future. I personally walked out mid shift after 1 month with them. Told my boss to F**K off, Place was secure per BOP, goodbye!. He was touring with his regional at the same time, it was excellent. (I just knew inside I never would or could let my life FEEL that way again). so short answer.. NO. I will literally shovel S**t all day before working for them, and for less money. The exercise alone is great!

Oh i just noticed you said manager. Thats a red flag when ANY retail chain brings you in fresh to the company as a MANAGER. Means they don't care whos running the place, just need a PIC to beat down. Or the store is SOOO bad, no one internal will take it. or both...lol

Reactions: 3 users
CVS or Wags??
Heart disease or cancer??

Reactions: 2 users
CVS is a dead end. You will quit or get fired within your near future. I personally walked out mid shift after 1 month with them. Told my boss to F**K off, Place was secure per BOP, goodbye!. He was touring with his regional at the same time, it was excellent. (I just knew inside I never would or could let my life FEEL that way again). so short answer.. NO. I will literally shovel S**t all day before working for them, and for less money. The exercise alone is great!

Oh i just noticed you said manager. Thats a red flag when ANY retail chain brings you in fresh to the company as a MANAGER. Means they don't care whos running the place, just need a PIC to beat down. Or the store is SOOO bad, no one internal will take it. or both...lol
If I worked staff at CVS, what is needed to transition into Omnicare CVS Long term care? or is it people who get those positions have worked many years in retail. I am thinking CVS may be worse than Kroger, but at least CVS opportunities in patient care areas exist. Just some thoughts.

Retail is retail. CVS definitely does pay the most of all chains and the company as a whole seems the most healthy financially. If you’re young and trying to pay off debt follow the money. Also CVS has a lot of different things you can transition to if you want to be more than a staff pharmacist.

Reactions: 1 user