Feedback Interview Feedback Responses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supa_sama123

Reaction score
I've been browsing through the Interview Feedback Responses, and it has been tremendously helpful and seems widely used by many, although I have some suggestions that might help out with the user experience.

I feel like interviews (and therefore interview feedback responses) that have been conducted before the pandemic vs after the pandemic began, differ significantly from my eyeballing, particularly with the shift to virtual formats. I think this difference can make interpreting aggregated feedback challenging, when looking across all time points. Even COVID aside, I feel a lot has changed over the past few decades, and some of the qualitative responses feel outdated, so I can't imagine how much the quantitative data would change over time as well.

It would be incredibly helpful to have a way to filter feedback based on time periods – like pre-pandemic vs post-pandemic onset, or even just a button that can look at the aggregate of the last 5 years of data only. This could provide a more accurate picture of the most current interview styles and expectations. I understand that number of responses would be much smaller, but I have been personally finding the most recent data points to be most helpful and relevant for my interview experiences anyway.

Another detail that is much more minor, is the responses for certain ratings such as "How do you rank the facilities?" or "How would you rate the hotel?" under the "Tour and Travel" category. I have noticed that many interviewees will respond with a score of 5 for those, despite having reported that there experience is virtual. After looking into it, what I suspect is happening is that the questionnaire automatically sets a rating of 5 when you are filling out the questionnaire, and it is the user's responsibility to alter it based on their experience. It may benefit to make the scale start at no response and have a rating be set when you click on it, rather than an auto 5. Or have a checkbox that says "my experience was virtual/I don't want to respond" or something so it doesn't auto add the rating, if that is the case. It might even be cooler to rehaul that whole section to better align with the predominantly virtual interview experience. Perhaps options like if there was a student meet and greet, or rating the quality of digital materials provided, or the smoothness of the technology during the process, idk.

Members don't see this ad.

We are planning changes to the database to reflect some of the points made. Hopefully we will be able to include new information as others provide us their perspectives.

To also help us, please fill out the Recorded Video Interview survey if you haven't done so.

Reactions: 1 users