Forum Members Upgrade feedback and bug log

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
You're log in streak achievement is def. busted. I purposefully logged out and back in 3 days in a row to see if it would work.

Reactions: 2 users
Search is not working. I first tried with advanced search, entered "older than" today's date, and searched, then went to the simple search. I tested the simple by entering a word I know I wrote in the past several days, and it still states "no results".

Search is not working. I first tried with advanced search, entered "older than" today's date, and searched, then went to the simple search. I tested the simple by entering a word I know I wrote in the past several days, and it still states "no results".
I tried searching for something recently and got some old results but none of the more recent stuff I know I should have gotten. Thought it was something I was messing up.

There is a recently reported elasticsearch security issue related to log4j that required us to take the main search server offline temporarily. Please use the Threadloom search in the meantime.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I tried searching for something recently and got some old results but none of the more recent stuff I know I should have gotten. Thought it was something I was messing up.
We've patched the vulnerability and are now rebuilding the search index. It usually takes a couple of hours.

Hi! On mobile (in basic dark mode,) it is almost impossible to go from page to page. In the last 48 hours, there have been buttons only on the top of the page, only on the bottom of the page, or no buttons at all. Sometimes there are buttons at the bottom, but they’re covered by ads. And sometimes there are no ads covering the buttons, but you click on the buttons and they don’t do anything.

Android chrome browser.

The ads on mobile make it impossible to navigate the site a lot of times. You cannot click next page or anything at the bottom and you cannot click things like unwatch at the top. Screenshot_20220107-082227_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220107-082253_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220107-082315_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220107-082430_Chrome.jpg

ANOTHER ONE! This very thread... Can't click see new replies in the middle of the page. Sometimes I cannot even click a subforum (of a subforum) on the main page.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220107-082741_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220107-082741_Chrome.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 82
ANOTHER ONE! This very thread... Can't click see new replies in the middle of the page. Sometimes I cannot even click a subforum (of a subforum) on the main page.
Should be fixed - let me know if you're still getting this error.

• Love
For the past week, I have encountered some bugs/tech issues with SDN:

1. When I log into SDN, the log-in located in the upper right hand of the display screen says that I am NOT logged-into SDN, even though I AM logged-into SDN. It tells me to LOG-IN. But, I'm already logged in to SDN.

2. Some forum threads that I have NOT yet read are not highlighted/bolded at all. So, it appears as if I have read the thread but I have NOT read the thread yet.

3. At least one forum no longer show up on my display screen (e.g., the Lounge).

Thank you very much for your time and courtesy - appreciated! :)

I'm having a lot of issues lately when I try to post where I get an error that says it's a browser console error.

Happens more in posts that have a lot of formatting (quotes, bolding, etc.). I can try to get a screenshot of it next time it occurs if that would help.

I'm having a lot of issues lately when I try to post where I get an error that says it's a browser console error.

Happens more in posts that have a lot of formatting (quotes, bolding, etc.). I can try to get a screenshot of it next time it occurs if that would help.
Yes, if you can PM me the error. Send when it happens, browser, and operating system. Thanks!!

Bumping for few issues spotted

Ignore Forums/Threads feature is missing (removed?)

Stickies in some forums (preallo, allo for instance) are removed and hard to find

Hyperlink color in Basic Dark Mode is white (like the text color which makes it hard to find) rather than blue

Pls help @Lee @WildWing

@Lawpy thanks for the feedback.

* Ignore Forums/Threads: This feature was being handled by a plug-in that was causing some performance concerns. We have disabled it for now; we can consider reimplementing it if there is enough demand.

* Stickies: Looking at the traffic to these threads we found that people were scrolling right by them versus using them, so we moved them over to the sidebar (for Basic and Basic Dark modes) so people could more quickly get to the latest threads.

* Hyperlink color: @Lee can you check on this one?

Bumping for few issues spotted

Ignore Forums/Threads feature is missing (removed?)

Stickies in some forums (preallo, allo for instance) are removed and hard to find

Hyperlink color in Basic Dark Mode is white (like the text color which makes it hard to find) rather than blue

Pls help @Lee @WildWing
What do you think of the update to the link colors?

Hi @Lee @WildWing would it be possible to make pronouns more readily visible in user profile to avoid inadvertently misgendering people?
I don't know if that's necessary, I have changed to using "you" for 2nd person and "they" for 3rd person which works when I'm not sure.

Reactions: 3 users
I don't know if that's necessary, I have changed to using "you" for 2nd person and "they" for 3rd person which works when I'm not sure.
There are still repeated instances across the forums of using “he” as a default pronoun of use, as singular they is not commonly accepted. Hence why I asked

I've noticed that I keep getting asked about push notifications via web browser. I click it out because I don't want any such thing and it asks "never again" which I always click... Yet I keep getting asked every few days.
I honestly don't know why web pages want to be allowed to send push notifications as it is. Can we make it stop?

From our developer:
It's probably that they've not allowed cookies, so it can't remember their option.

There's no option to remove the opt-in question without disabling the entire feature.

It doesn't show up every time, only sometimes. I'll go months without it and then multiple days in a row.