Disclosing disciplinary action

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

initial-estate

Reaction score
I got suspended recently for a short period of time, however, this will not affect my graduation date. I have obtained a medical license in other state prior to this. Do i need to disclose it to the state board now or should i wait for when i renew my license?
The suspension is reportable but my university is not reporting it to the board. They told me this needs to be reported for future credentialing and licensing process

Members don't see this ad.

Hard to give you advice without knowing the details of why you were suspended but in general it’s usually better to disclose than have them find out on their own.

Reactions: 1 user
Hard to give you advice without knowing the details of why you were suspended but in general it’s usually better to disclose than have them find out on their own.
Thanks for your response. I understand it is better to disclose it to them. The question is whether I have to disclose it now or when I renew my license.
Could you explain what details you need about the suspension? It is non-academic, not a conviction and no judge/court involved. I tried not to disclose many details on internet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your response. I understand it is better to disclose it to them. The question is whether I have to disclose it now or when I renew my license.
Could you explain what details you need about the suspension? It is non-academic, not a conviction and no judge/court involved. I tried not to disclose many details on internet.

Consider a legal opinion from someone who works frequently with your states licensing board.

Reactions: 5 users
Consider a legal opinion from someone who works frequently with your states licensing board.
Agree 100%, your license is too important financially to take advice from SDN amateurs.

Also quit doing whatever weird or dumb crap you did in the first place

Reactions: 3 users
Remember, bros disclose

Reactions: 1 user
I got suspended recently for a short period of time, however, this will not affect my graduation date. I have obtained a medical license in other state prior to this. Do i need to disclose it to the state board now or should i wait for when i renew my license?
The suspension is reportable but my university is not reporting it to the board. They told me this needs to be reported for future credentialing and licensing process
I'm not a lawyer, but you should probably just go ahead and disclose it. They'll find out eventually, and if something happens in between and you haven't disclosed, they could see that as dishonest and take away your license forever. Better be proactive and open than to try to soft hide it

Reactions: 1 users