Deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentdental35

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Think I already replied to your thread on Reddit lol. Only new thing to say is that the rank of the school really doesn’t matter, it’s all about what you make of your time at the dental school. As for class sizes and profiles, get the ADEA Dental School explorer so you can check every school even beyond these two! Also, CHEM102 does kinda blow, but it really depends on the professor you get lol

Reactions: 1 user
The extra $$$ is no joke. UNC SOD is about $50-60k a year so you’re looking at 200-240k when it’s all set in done. 400k is a ton more especially factoring in compounding interest over another 4-6 years for OMFS.

Having guaranteed admission definitely makes college more relaxing and I see the appeal to it. However, if you’re a good enough applicant to get into Case Western’s 7 year program, I’m sure you’ll be able to get in to UNC or ECU. Both are great programs and will be fine for specializing. As far as not needing to stress about volunteering and shadowing dentists if guaranteed admission, I’d still highly recommend doing those over the next 3-4 years. Dentistry is a commitment and be sure this is really what you want to do for the rest of your life.

Happy to answer any other questions or give additional thoughts

Reactions: 2 users