Deleted post

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trannguyen15

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi all, I need some help to decide which dental school I should go with. Let's assume that I somehow get accepted to all my top dental schools in this cycle (I know it's not realistic so that's why I said "assume" so please don't judge me). My top schools are:
- Midwestern - AZ.
- ASDOH.
- NYU.
- Western Uni.
- BU.
- Uni of Buffalo.

My priorities when selecting a dental school are:
- Community services.
- Technologies.
- Specialized program (yes, I'm planning to specialize in orthodontics)
- I'm an international student so I might leave the US and back to my country so the school's name is more or less important (I might apply to learn more about dentistry or work in other countries in the future, who knows)
- Please be aware that the tuition price does not matter in my situation.

Thanks for your input!!!

worry about this later...

Reactions: 1 user
worry about this later...

That's why I said "let's assume that I somehow get accepted to all my top dental schools in this cycle (I know it's not realistic so that's why I said "assume" so please don't judge me)" But if you think this is inappropriate, I'll delete the post.

That's why I said "let's assume that I somehow get accepted to all my top dental schools in this cycle (I know it's not realistic so that's why I said "assume" so please don't judge me)" But if you think this is inappropriate, I'll delete the post.

it's not inappropriate, it's just that it's easier to make comparisons once you have been accepted to a few specific schools instead of comparing a bunch of hypotheticals...

Members don't see this ad :)
To respond to your post, I’d go with UB on the basis of cost alone. That said, don’t worry too much about picking schools yet. Personally, I’d refrain from choosing a dream school to set yourself up for disappointment if you don’t get in. Just apply to schools where you can see yourself happy at if they were your only acceptance. If you are fortunate enough for multiple acceptances, then you worry about which one to pick with cost as the primary deciding factor.

Reactions: 1 users