Cornell c/o 2028 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How many colleges did everyone apply to and how many denials so far?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone think there’s a chance they’ll call tomorrow/this week despite them saying mid Jan?

Anyone think there’s a chance they’ll call tomorrow/this week despite them saying mid Jan? Idk how much to rely on the past years trend. No I will not just be patient and wait!! Lol
I think the calls will be tomorrow and Wednesday :)

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have Cornell as a "reach" school "only" because of GPA?

Me, not expecting anything but I heard rumors that they were becoming more holistic as a school so figured I’d buy a lottery ticket and see what happened 🙂

Reactions: 1 user
Me, not expecting anything but I heard rumors that they were becoming more holistic as a school so figured I’d buy a lottery ticket and see what happened 🙂
Literally 😅 I worked reeeeeeally hard on those supplemental questions so I hope that plays in my favor!

Oh, I didn't hear that...Actually, I couldn't find much on the selection process. And, the info. I did read said accepted students were in the high 3.8 area and 3.9's.

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too. Scary hearing every other student there say they were accepted on a 3.9 or 4.0

Edit: although tbh I see every school as a reach school 😭

• Care
Me too. Scary hearing every other student there say they were accepted on a 3.9 or 4.0

Edit: although tbh I see every school as a reach school 😭
Real, I’m already mentally preparing for 15 denials but it’s not over till it’s over ✌️

I was told my GPA (3.78) and lack of research hours would hurt me when applying to Cornell but a Veterinarian who graduated from my undergrad is a professor at Cornell and I look up to her and really want to go into exotics/ avian so I decided it was worth a try to apply

I was told my GPA (3.78) and lack of research hours would hurt me when applying to Cornell but a Veterinarian who graduated from my undergrad is a professor at Cornell and I look up to her and really want to go into exotics/ avian so I decided it was worth a try to apply
No way they said 3.78 would be a disadvantage 🥲 I wanna go into avian/exotics too! Good luck!

May I ask who told you that? I would think that would be somewhat competitive.

Last edited:
does anyone know if they send decisions via email or is it a phone call?

does anyone know if they send decisions via email or is it a phone call?
Historically it’s been accepted phone calls only in one to two days followed by all decisions emailed a couple days later

No way they said 3.78 would be a disadvantage 🥲 I wanna go into avian/exotics too! Good luck!
I said my GPA was 3.7 to the admission person (the one that does the office hours) and she said that that's about their average an it's perfectly fine.

anyways my cycle has been
6 Applications
4 Interviews
1 Acceptance

So for 5/6 still waiting on final decision

Last edited:
Were we supposed to submit our phone number somewhere? Or was it the one we entered on VMCAS?

does anyone when they start calling?
They typically call throughout the day depending on the schedule of the person assigned to you. It can go from morning and into the early evening even. Sometimes calls are made the following day as well.

Me when I get my hopes up for no reason because they literally told us mid January 😲

• Haha
How many colleges did everyone apply to and how many denials so far?
Applied to 8, 6 rejections, waiting to hear from Cornell and Iowa.
This is my 4th cycle-if I don't get any acceptances I will just keep trying. I want this too badly and I would be too good of a Vet to give up on it!

Reactions: 6 users
I applied to 6 schools
2 rejections
3 interviews
Waiting to hear back from Cornell
1 acceptance ( got accepted after one of my interviews, waiting to do one more interview and waiting to hear back from another interview this January whether I get accepted or denied)

14 applications
4 rejections
5 interviews
1 OOS waitlist seat (no interview)
1 interview waitlist since 11/15
Waiting to hear: 3

Last edited:
This is my 4th cycle-if I don't get any acceptances I will just keep trying. I want this too badly and I would be too good of a Vet to give up on it!

Your determination is admirable definitely don’t give up on this dream! The industry needs people like you

• Care
Also on my 4th application cycle!! I believe in us!! 💕

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Previous cycles it was January 3-4 that they made calls, so it could be tomorrow...

First time applicant, non-traditional
Applied to 13
3 interviews
6 denials
4 no answers yet!
No acceptances so far

Glued to my phone waiting for Cornell's decision!

2nd time applicant.
Applied to 10 (including two 2+2 programs)
3 interviews
5 rejections
3 unknown
1 waitlist
No acceptances so far. Hoping for the best this cycle 🤞🏻

Last edited:
  • Care
First time applicant
Applied to 11
5 interviews
6 unknown