RVC/Dublin/Glasgow/Edinburgh/Bristol c/o 2028 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you think Bristol is still making offers? Do I take the email below as a rejection or am I really still on hold? I feel like they just ghosted me since the last email I got was beginning of Feb 1st and said this:

"Thank you for your application to study D102 Veterinary Science: Accelerated Graduate Entry at the University of Bristol.

We have completed our assessment of your application and have decided to place your application on hold while we continue assessing all our applicants. We will make a final decision for you as soon as we can.

Because of the large number of high-quality applications for D102 Veterinary Science: Accelerated Graduate Entry, we are unable to make all our final decisions immediately. It takes time to ensure that your application is given full consideration, but we guarantee that it will be assessed thoroughly and fairly, in competition with other applicants.

Once we have made a final decision, we will email you to let you know.

We will continue to keep you updated on the status of your application."

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you ever hear from any of the vet schools in the UK?
Bristol sent me a random email about 3 weeks ago stating that I’d be hearing from them “as soon as they make a decision” on my app and since then- nothing. I’m taking it as a soft rejection and exploring my other options

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
But I don’t think that Bristol sent any acceptance yet or did they?
I don’t know what is taking them so long! I got the same email as you about my app being on hold in December and since then nothing

I don’t know what is taking them so long! I got the same email as you about my app being on hold in December and since then nothing
They have sent out both acceptances and rejections so far

I know the schools are on bank holiday until April 3. i had emailed University of Lincoln to ask them about some post graduate programs just to see if my bachelors would be equivalent to their bachelors in order to apply for master programs.

Ugh yeah I'm in the same spot as you. The silence since December is so annoying.

Hey! Has anyone heard if RVC gave out their international scholarships yet?

Also, I was accepted to Bristol and emailed them a month ago asking some questions... still have not heard back! Anyone else having this issue? This is so strange and unfortunate.

Also, I was accepted to Bristol and emailed them a month ago asking some questions... still have not heard back! Anyone else having this issue? This is so strange and unfortunate.
From post previously, I would assume that they are radio silent. I've emailed them three times since February and nothing.

From post previously, I would assume that they are radio silent. I've emailed them three times since February and nothing.
I still haven’t even heard an admissions decision but since April 15th is this week I assume it’s a rejection

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
It’s really rude for them not to give any updates. We pay a lot of money to apply, the least they can do is let us know of their decision…

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s really rude for them not to give any updates. We pay a lot of money to apply, the least they can do is let us know of their decision…
Yea to say I’m disappointed is an understatement. Feels unprofessional to just leave us hanging.

Yea to say I’m disappointed is an understatement. Feels unprofessional to just leave us hanging.
I am really sorry that they are leaving y’all hanging. I think it sucks waiting and not knowing.

Its April 12th, have any of you got good news from the UK schools?

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I've made my decision to commit to RVC, so I will be declining my offers from UCD and Glasgow. Hopefully someone would hear some good news soon! I wish you all the best of luck

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Bristol just finally responded to my email with this… guess they don’t follow the april 15 deadline? Not sure but it didn’t actually answer my question that I asked lol
IMG_3079.jpeg

Lmao that is not helpful
I know 😵‍💫 it feels like a copy and paste email template for people who send questions on similar topics. Wish they’d be more forthcoming with literally ANY information :/

I know 😵‍💫 it feels like a copy and paste email template for people who send questions on similar topics. Wish they’d be more forthcoming with literally ANY information :/
Very vague information. Since it is past the 15th what is your plans with veterinary school?

Was just sent an offer to study at Glasgow this fall!! I am in shock and so happy 😭

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Any current Bristol students in here willing to give a tour of the Langford campus on May 9 or 10th?

Hey everyone! I recently received an acceptance to both Bristol and Dublin, and I'm really struggling to make a decision. I have dual citizenship with the US and the UK so even though I live in the US, visas aren't an issue for me. I want to go into small and exotic animal medicine, and love hands on learning, but I'm really unsure as to which program may be better. I was wondering if anyone else was having a similar dilemma and what you may be hearing to help you make that decision?