Chapter 31 "Qualifying for Voc-Rehab" Journey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
He said he know people on the air force base that have degrees in something that don't relate to their jobs. I have a journalism degree in video production and thats what I did in the air force (aerial videographer).

My doctor wrote "Due to his problem with tinnitus it is my belief that it would be difficult to obtain or maintain consistent employment in this career field. The high pitched ringing significantly worsens with the wearing of the head sets and uncontrollable and often noisy environments. I support his request for vocational rehab to the audiology field because of its controlled environment".

Also- I haven’t spoken with a supervisor yet

You could go in for the appointment and see what jobs they're "offering" and see if arguments can be made against those fields (aside from the "interest" thing as your counselor seems to not care much about that). From there, you could possibly get another note stating that those fields are not good for you and/or seek out their supervisor.

You might also consider an appeal at this point if the next meeting/possible additional note/speaking with the supervisor doesn't work!

One thing I'd suggest, voc rehab somewhat aside is that if you do want to be an audiologist, and voc rehab won't pay, don't let them dictate what you end up doing. I've seen too many veterans go with the flow and not pursue what they wanted to do just because voc rehab said no. IF they say no, it doesn't mean you can't do it!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for your help! I thought I had a breakthrough, I had a very good doctors note. This is the email I received from my VRC.

"Like we discussed at our face-to-face meeting, the medical documentation does help but what I was saying at our initial appointment is that, with your current degree, you are employable and it does not have to be in the same field you were in before. I will be glad to schedule another appointment with you and we can go over your options again if you would like, just let me know."

I'm really stumped at how i'm being railroaded with this response. Any tips?

I'm guessing I should email him back highlighting the CFR's regarding INTERESTS, abilities and aptitudes? Maybe bring up that 15% of the individuals in the program have at least a bachelors degree.

With this logic from VRC's, I use the analogy of a disabled vet working as a Wal-Mart Greeter Associate, or Janitorial Custodian "technician" at a high school cafeteria...No questions you can get the job, but the purpose of the CFR was to "start fresh" with a new certification or degree scope due to uncle sam wrecking your physically and mentally....

Like what MusicDoc stated::: what entry job track is he/she putting you on? Also, as part of your first appointment they should have defined your SEH if you had one...This is the key to extend your Voc-Rehab entitlement to the end of your schooling once your post 9-11 runs out.. What did your VRC say about an SEH???

Last edited:
One thing I'd suggest, voc rehab somewhat aside is that if you do want to be an audiologist, and voc rehab won't pay, don't let them dictate what you end up doing. I've seen too many veterans go with the flow and not pursue what they wanted to do just because voc rehab said no. IF they say no, it doesn't mean you can't do it!

100% this....Hence my whole reason of making this thread last December (To show my journey whether I get the coverage or not....not whether I choose my career path or not!)

Also, after validating what your job-entry-track is according to your VRC, I would take that response right back to your Doctor and have him/her write another note as to why you cannot do the job they are requesting (that is, if its true you cannot do it due to your disabilities).

As a side note, always appeal if you must. Should you eventually get entitled to Voc-Rehab, you are retroactively paid for your degree back to day 1 of you starting this journey...That's a lot of coverage to consider when exhausting all of your resources (including a possible appeal).

Members don't see this ad :)
to the OP: 100% this....Hence my whole reason of making this thread last December (To show my journey whether I get the coverage or not....not whether I choose my career path or not!)

Also, after validating what your job-entry-track is according to your VRC, I would take that response right back to your Doctor and have him/her write another note as to why you cannot do the job they are requesting (that is, if its true you cannot do it due to your disabilities).

As a side note, always appeal if you must. Should you eventually get entitled to Voc-Rehab, you are retroactively paid for your degree back to day 1 of you starting this journey...That's a lot of coverage to consider when exhausting all of your resources (including a possible appeal).

I third this. I went to my appt already enrolled in school. I was like "and F-U for not approving me, I'm going to be a doctor anyway"...... and then I realized he had said yes, lol. The point being, don't let the VA stop you from doing something you want to to do with your life.

Update:

Finished application fees for rental houses in the Oregon region just located a few minutes from the program I'll be attending. Presuming me and the wifey pass the background check (income meets the threshold of what the landlord is asking). I mention all this since part of my Voc-Rehab submission is to update my e-benefits portal with my current appointments transferring over to the state of Oregon. Once that day is finalized for verification, I will officially go back on ebenefits and submit my education entitlement for Voc-Rehab and prepare to have my first interview sent via mail.

This may take another 4-6 weeks but I'll update with a specific date once I get the housing finalized in order to pursue to this point. 6 months in the making and finally seeing some progress.

Update:

June 5th 2019: Signed and paid down security deposit for a 1910 sq ft. rental home (ready for moving in on July 5th).

**Contacted and secured transfer of VA clinic(s) from the Midwest to the Northwest region.

**Contacted VA desk services to update my address in order to validate and finalize my TDRL exam appointment (located only 7 minutes away from my new location).

Although due to past observances and discussions, I'm on the fence on submitting my Voc-Rehab claim on my e-benefits portal...From date of submitting, it typically takes 1-2 months to get a packet in the mail setting up first appointment. I may sleep on it tonight but chances are first thing tomorrow I will go ahead and submit for my Chapter 31 scheduled appointment. I don't think I hold the risk of missing the packet and I'm getting anxious on moving on to updating my next official appointment.....

Slowly but surely, the time is coming...

Reactions: 1 user
Update:

**Submission of Chapter 31 VR&E Program** (Applied from IDES phase and now reapplying as a disabled veteran): June 21st 2019 at 1215 central time.

Called the TDRL VA hotline to update my address for school in the state of Oregon. After speaking with the VA representative concerning my re-examination date being sometime in the upcoming year, I decided to go ahead and submit my enrollment in Chapter 31. For those that have not been following, I was outright rejected while on Active Duty going through the IDES phase on the merits of having a B.S. in Biochemistry and 100% of my Chapter 33 benefits. This took place November of 2018. After gathering all my information, transcripts, and outlines for my soon to be upcoming appointment, I will await my letter in the mail (1-2 months) to set up my next appointment in a whole new area of the country.

Now the time is coming to see how my journey begins. Will update as soon as I receive a packet and/or phone call arranging my primary appointment. I also plan on recording the event (audio) to see how my case is represented as a 100% service connected rated veteran. If allowable, I'll see if I can link the audio to SDN for educational purposes.

Update:

***Email Confirming Appointment for Orientation / Initial Counseling with VR&E representative***: Received email on June 26th 2019

July 22nd 2019 @ 0830 is my initial appointment for my eligibility to utilize Chapter 31 Benefits. In the email, it has stated that from this point on the VR&E system is moving away from paperwork to electronic communication (at least slowly transitioning to electronic packets). My paperwork will be done by either scanning the documents or taking a picture of the documents, then emailing any electronic copy.

The following is what a portion of my email instructions have given me concerning next steps to be completed by the first appointment:

Since you have been scheduled for an orientation and to meet with a Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment representative you are required to do an online assessment prior to your appointment:

This is a Two (2) Step Process

Step (1)

Before you meet with your counselor to review your application for Chapter 31, Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Services, you will need to complete an online vocational assessment. You may use your home computer or a public access computer at a library or other facility. Do not use a tablet computer or your Smart Phone to take the assessment, it could time you out of the system if the Wi-Fi connection is slow. This assessment will provide pertinent information for your counselor about your career interest and is vital to the VR&E assessment process.

We have pre-registered you for the CareerScope Assessment.

Step (2)

Once you take the assessment it will be stored in the system and will be provided to your counselor prior to your appointment. There is no need to print any information from the assessment as it will be provided during your appointment and will be discussed in greater detail at that time.

Attached are 3 documents with step by step explanations of what to expect and what to further review before meeting with my initial counselor. In a few short weeks I'll update to see how the counseling went (For now, I'm half-way moving 2,000 miles toward my new program in the Northwest Region).

Final Update before the finale on July 22 2019:

7+ month journey for my reapplication for Chapter 31 Voc-Rehab help. Tomorrow is my initial meeting with my counselor. Here is an overview of what I have done this past week:

1) Online Career portal to evaluate an applicants strengths and weaknesses (mandated for everyone who is applying for Chapter 31)

2) Obtained College transcripts as well as pharmacy program acceptance letter.

3) List of ideal job sites I would be interested in (state, job title, bilingual locations since my second language is samoan etc etc.)

4) Resume and CV update

5) Filled out Rehabilitation Needs Inventory (RNI) 28-1902w Documentation (Google Online for latest documents)

6) Completed Employment Planning Questionaire that was delivered via email and stamped letter (Google online for more info)

I have also attached a letter you will receive via email as well as through the mail showing exactly how to get started for those who are curious what will be sent from going through the E-benefits portal or on the phone.

I know changes have recently been made to make gaining a doctorate level degree very difficult to obtain and I feel my chances are limited. Nonetheless, with the 100% disability rating, I will distinguish the need for my education vs any other job with my current bachelors. Wish me well and tomorrow I'll post how my interview turned out.

Fingers crossed.... Voc-Rehab Career Assessment.jpgVoc-Rehab Other Criterias.jpgVoc-Rehab Referral Documents.jpg

What are the changes? Is there a link to anything that summarizes or lists them? I'm curious!

It will be out very soon (according to a recent phone call and my own curiosity of the new rules). Chapter 31 has gone through major shifts in leadership and the current "chief-sort-of-speak" is laying down the hammer on veterans doing their own research and guidance before meeting with a counselor (more of an interview from the start rather than an advisory meeting).

With that, more paperwork and "lower-cost-cutoffs" will be used against students who seek a masters or higher education (even if its a professional entry level) due to tighter budgets. In other words, if you got approved for med school before this big switch, count your blessings!

Tomorrow I'll highlight the changes that is suppose to be given to my group orientation on the Chapter 31 details (I'll even take pics of the powerpoint slides if i can!)!

Update of my Finale:

July 22nd 2019: After getting rejected in October - November of 2018, I have been approved for Chapter 31 Benefits!!!!!!!

After 8 months of preparing, reading, highlighting, and leaving additional records and notes for evidence of an SEH and a terminal degree, I had forced the hand of "2" individuals (my Counselor and his higher up) to grant me VR&E Benefits for my Doctorate of Pharmacy (without ever touching my Post 9-11 GI Bill)!! I would have recorded it, but in a government building I had to turn off and leave some items when getting checked in the suite building as if I was getting checked at the TSA line in an airport...

I'll give myself a moment to get out of cloud-9 and slowly regain my mental awareness after my lack of sleep the past 36 hours leading up to this moment. Later this evening or tomorrow, I will go through step by step (along with personal papers, required documents, and my case inside and out) on what I did to turn my case around. I encourage anyone else to take the time to study and look over everything for your approval. They are cracking down more so now then ever before on not giving away master or doctorate programs (if it was hard before, its harder now).

By the time I'm finished updating this thread with up to date documents and requirements, I hope it will serve as a better use for new ones like myself trying to get the approval for higher education in our healthcare professions.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have two files attached: One is going in detail of my Chapter 31 Journey. The other is another example of another individual who was accepted a few years ago and how they approached their goal (as well as a good discussion of the history and purpose of the Chapter 31 Benefits). I hope this thread has been of somewhat use to others, and before long I may add these files to our stickied FAQs sheet. For now, look these over and ask questions or write out your own experiences of what has happened. The more stories we have the better we can assist eachother. Best of luck to everyones journey!

Attachments

• Chapter 31 Interview Experience.pdf
    213.4 KB · Views: 195
  • VR&E Chapter 31 Orientation - Interview Guide.pdf
    515.8 KB · Views: 337
As time goes on, I'll keep contributing to this thread in terms of what the VA has paid for and how it will look on the Veterans Financial Billing. The following is an example from my transition of utilizing "Chapter 33 + Yellow Ribbon Program" toward Vocational Rehabilitation & Employability.

It takes the VA a few months to reflect the new benefits of Chapter 31 on the students account - financial aid benefits. The following attachment is what the original billing would look like (depending on your program and location) of what is being generated and paid for. What I have circled is the Fall Tuition Rate of my private university tuition for Fall term as well as the identifier for billing located at the bottom right.

The Business Office of your university will explain that it'll take some time to generate the updated clause of going from Chapter 33 to Chapter 31 Benefits if you were within a month of school starting with the initial VR&E interview like I was. If this is the case, the student affairs office will defer the cost on your account until submission of the cost has been sent and received to and from the Veteran Affairs District located within your programs region. As time goes I will send an update reflecting Chapter 31 Benefits and what has been covered.

**Side Note:** GI Bill does not normally cover student insurance. Chapter 31 however will cover the basics that reflect any disability you currently have in order to continue to your path of graduating with a job at hand. However, for most with a 30% or higher disability rating, the Tricare Prime (or) Tricare Select will suffice to waive the cost of the insurance claim. Please notify your Certifying official if your situation is not as clear as mine is. They will in turn correspond with your assigned VCR via email or phone.

Attachments

• Financial Billing from Program.jpg
    Financial Billing from Program.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 176
VR&E Chapter 31 Entitlement Update:

Signed off for software equipment: July 22nd 2019
Package received by VA office: August 9th 2019

As my continual update, since my eligibility of utilizing VR&E Chapter 31 Benefits, I received the following documentation clipped to this page with my laptop and printer. Amongst these items included a wireless mouse, 3 year antiviral - malware protection, USB 32G storage piece, HP ink cartridges (2 original and 2 XL), extension cord, and laptop carrying case. I have the attachment her to look over. I want those who are waiting for approval to realize that even though you simply request a laptop and printer, the VA will cover more options for you than what is on paper (hence the items I mentioned above).

My appointment was later on in July but I had the package received just before the beginning of school that following Monday (Package received on a Friday). You will also receive a syllabus stating what one time purchases you qualify for. Just keep in mind that some of those items will be covered in your electronics package without you realizing it. As always, I'll keep posting relevant information for those starting on this journey. For those still pending an interview, I strongly encourage you to read this post from the beginning as well as look at my signature block for additional detailed questions about VR&E qualifications and pending acceptances.

Attachments

• VR&E Software Entitlements.pdf
    397.2 KB · Views: 152
Additional Update of Benefits approval: August 12th 2019

Along with the Software Benefits attachment, I wanted to create a new comment to the thread in regards to validating your Monthly Housing Allowance as a fulltime student. The Effective and Expiration Date correlates to a semester and/or term. As mentioned within our stickies block, the tax exempt housing allowance may be found at the following portal:

All should have updated the monthly benefits by October 1st this year. Nonetheless, you can always put in your school information and the schools zip code. Remember, the benefits are not based on YOUR zipcode as a student, but the physical location of the School you are attending. As long as you have at least 1 day left of Chapter 33 (Post 9-11 GI Bill Benefits) you may automatically extend the higher BAH rating of post 9-11 to your VR&E benefits. As a follow up, you will receive a confirmation in the mail stating your benefits. This is extremely important for allowing the business or financial aid office to automatically put your student debt on "hold" due to your pending status of the VA taking over the bill of your tuition and supplies.

Some programs are very familiar with the GI Bill benefits and automatically put your account on "standby" with no late dues or fees on paying on your student account. For those fairly new at this process, the following attachment is an example of what you'll have along with a letter from your VRC. I strongly urge you to attach both documents and make a copy for your financial / business office so that your status is on record. You should be fine either way but I come from the background of "If its not on paper it doesn't exist."

Attachments

• VR&E Basic Allowance for Housing 2019.pdf
    405.5 KB · Views: 150
It will be out very soon (according to a recent phone call and my own curiosity of the new rules). Chapter 31 has gone through major shifts in leadership and the current "chief-sort-of-speak" is laying down the hammer on veterans doing their own research and guidance before meeting with a counselor (more of an interview from the start rather than an advisory meeting).

With that, more paperwork and "lower-cost-cutoffs" will be used against students who seek a masters or higher education (even if its a professional entry level) due to tighter budgets. In other words, if you got approved for med school before this big switch, count your blessings!

Tomorrow I'll highlight the changes that is suppose to be given to my group orientation on the Chapter 31 details (I'll even take pics of the powerpoint slides if i can!)!

I was denied entitlement for pharm school bc there are "other" jobs i can do sitting. I had at least 5 job announcements for sedentary pharmacist jobs (industry, call center, mail order, drug companies) and was still told as a pharmacist theres no guarantee these are sedentary jobs and i should use my bio degree. my argument was theres no guarantee any job i get would be sedentary and that this is what i enjoyed doing and them not taking that in consideration violated the M28s requirements. and that anyone with a degree is employable somewhere and he stated he spoke to his superiors for weeks and that was the decision. i am unsure if i should wait for the denial letter or just email asking to speak with the superiors bc im not so sure i believe him. i plan to review the documents you uploaded but i feel like my proposal and everything was super solid and he said there was not a way to describe how being in the same industry would help me. i told him this was my way of finding a solution to being accommodated. being in a position where i have more autonomy in what i decide to do.

I was denied entitlement for pharm school bc there are "other" jobs i can do sitting. I had at least 5 job announcements for sedentary pharmacist jobs (industry, call center, mail order, drug companies) and was still told as a pharmacist theres no guarantee these are sedentary jobs and i should use my bio degree. my argument was theres no guarantee any job i get would be sedentary and that this is what i enjoyed doing and them not taking that in consideration violated the M28s requirements. and that anyone with a degree is employable somewhere and he stated he spoke to his superiors for weeks and that was the decision. i am unsure if i should wait for the denial letter or just email asking to speak with the superiors bc im not so sure i believe him. i plan to review the documents you uploaded but i feel like my proposal and everything was super solid and he said there was not a way to describe how being in the same industry would help me. i told him this was my way of finding a solution to being accommodated. being in a position where i have more autonomy in what i decide to do.

Almost without exception, you should try to speak with a supervisor or different VRC before filing an appeal. Actual appeals take years, whereas appealing to a supervisor or a different VRC is typically a very short process (not necessarily more successful though).

Unfortunately half the battle of utilizing Titles / CFRs and M28 documentation is that the VRC makes the call. I mentioned it last year when starting this thread that I was denied TWICE in texas before moving for school (with an acceptance in hand) to the Northwest. The reasoning? The VRC was set in her ways stating the same thing: "You are employable with a degree." However, when trying to take the same approach this past july, I made a 3-ring binder with tabs covering my transcripts, CV, Occupational Outlook handout with 50 jobs looking in areas I was interested in, 3 separate documents expanding on my reasoning for pharmacy and how my "abilities, interests, and aptitudes" was met in explicit detail. Matter of fact my new VRC brought in his supervisor and after discussions going back and forth (I was professionally dressed by the way) I was finally approved.

My take away is, you may be better off finding a new VRC before making an appeal that could easily take a year or so just to be told no again like I was. It takes work and professional toning, but if you truly have a case (as one other non-trad in my class also was accepted with me) the right VRC will open that door if you stay prepared.

Unfortunately half the battle of utilizing Titles / CFRs and M28 documentation is that the VRC makes the call. I mentioned it last year when starting this thread that I was denied TWICE in texas before moving for school (with an acceptance in hand) to the Northwest. The reasoning? The VRC was set in her ways stating the same thing: "You are employable with a degree." However, when trying to take the same approach this past july, I made a 3-ring binder with tabs covering my transcripts, CV, Occupational Outlook handout with 50 jobs looking in areas I was interested in, 3 separate documents expanding on my reasoning for pharmacy and how my "abilities, interests, and aptitudes" was met in explicit detail. Matter of fact my new VRC brought in his supervisor and after discussions going back and forth (I was professionally dressed by the way) I was finally approved.

My take away is, you may be better off finding a new VRC before making an appeal that could easily take a year or so just to be told no again like I was. It takes work and professional toning, but if you truly have a case (as one other non-trad in my class also was accepted with me) the right VRC will open that door if you stay prepared.

ok im waiting to receive my official denial so i can form my case. Based off our conversation I began to formulate my points but need the denial so i can pick it apart. Once i get that ill ask for a meeting w/ a supervisor. Ill get plenty of job offers to make my case solid the thing is some of the jobs are along the east coast. I am interested in moving there after college so would job listings there be helpful? I dont want it to seem like i am pulling jobs from all around the country although ive never heard anyone mention to not do that.

ok im waiting to receive my official denial so i can form my case. Based off our conversation I began to formulate my points but need the denial so i can pick it apart. Once i get that ill ask for a meeting w/ a supervisor. Ill get plenty of job offers to make my case solid the thing is some of the jobs are along the east coast. I am interested in moving there after college so would job listings there be helpful? I dont want it to seem like i am pulling jobs from all around the country although ive never heard anyone mention to not do that.

What I did was pull jobs in the area of my program as well as the area I have plans to move back to. As long as they are concise and specific it should reaffirm to them your reasoning as to why you picked regions on the east coast + the region of your institute (or institute to be)

What I did was pull jobs in the area of my program as well as the area I have plans to move back to. As long as they are concise and specific it should reaffirm to them your reasoning as to why you picked regions on the east coast + the region of your institute (or institute to be)

Ok. Ill do that. In the M28 it doesnt define what employable means so ill wait and see what the letter says...

Ok. Ill do that. In the M28 it doesnt define what employable means so ill wait and see what the letter says...

I'd also couple it with CFR Title(s) along with the M28 references. If you haven't moved for school, I would wait to reapply in a new VR&E region rather than wait for the appeal process with your current VRC and his/her supervisor. Either way I know my preparation of a 3 ring binder and showing up professionally dressed really tipped the "back and forth" statements as to why and why not I'd be a candidate allowed to use Voc Rehab for a doctorate level program (while already having a bachelors).

It's hard. As I said half the battle is coping with your VRCs attitude. Some get it but the majority don't. It took me 3 attempts and switching two states to get mine accomplished. Keep us updated and let us know how it turns out or if they decided to put your paperwork in the back or push you up to the front once again.

Possibly my last update as far as acceptance to Chapter 31 and the stages of getting books, electronics, and tuition covered while in school:

While in school I was given a new Voc-Rehab Counselor that was now in charge of all veterans at my university both undergraduate and professional graduate student veterans. Got my bill charging fall + winter terms that has come to $50k (private institute) with details outlining the costs outside of tuition. My new Voc-Rehab counselor has contacted me stating that due to the Chapter 31 payment system going from an "old-system" to a "new-system" it has taken awhile to have my information caught up to reflect my student account. Nonetheless, it will be taken care of.

Just thought it was intriguing that Chapter 31 is going through system changes when it comes to acceptance and pay-outs. If you've been in the system for at least the past quarter or year you should be fine. In the end, it's all going to be taken care of (cant stop counting my blessings for that).

Possibly my last update as far as acceptance to Chapter 31 and the stages of getting books, electronics, and tuition covered while in school:

While in school I was given a new Voc-Rehab Counselor that was now in charge of all veterans at my university both undergraduate and professional graduate student veterans. Got my bill charging fall + winter terms that has come to $50k (private institute) with details outlining the costs outside of tuition. My new Voc-Rehab counselor has contacted me stating that due to the Chapter 31 payment system going from an "old-system" to a "new-system" it has taken awhile to have my information caught up to reflect my student account. Nonetheless, it will be taken care of.

Just thought it was intriguing that Chapter 31 is going through system changes when it comes to acceptance and pay-outs. If you've been in the system for at least the past quarter or year you should be fine. In the end, it's all going to be taken care of (cant stop counting my blessings for that).

Yep, I got the message about the system switch as well when my file finally got moved to the new region just recently. Thankfully my tuition was already paid before they made the change so it won't be a concern until next year, at which point hopefully they will have everything sorted. It has caused some issues with getting stuff from the bookstore but my new VRC has been pretty nice about just letting me get the stuff I need and then reimbursing me for it.

Yep, I got the message about the system switch as well when my file finally got moved to the new region just recently. Thankfully my tuition was already paid before they made the change so it won't be a concern until next year, at which point hopefully they will have everything sorted. It has caused some issues with getting stuff from the bookstore but my new VRC has been pretty nice about just letting me get the stuff I need and then reimbursing me for it.

Glad I wasn't the only one who just heard about the system switch. Sometimes I feel three steps behind when I get all excited learning something new with some of these benefits. That or misstep completely when rules get thrown out or completely change altogether.

Reaching out to see if anyone can give me some advice....

Background: I am planning to knock out some courses i.e. organic chem II, biochem, BIO II Cell Biology, Genetics before taking the MCAT and then applying to medical school.

Bottom line, I was fortunate enough to be found entitled for CH 31 benefits. However, my VRC denied my vocational goal of becoming a "physician".

She stated that
" Reason: You do not have enough entitlement time remaining to become a Licensed Medical Physician. We are an employment program and could not deem you ‘rehabilitated’ until you receive your Medical License. When we write a plan on your behalf we must complete all training objectives until employable. You would not be ‘employable’ in your field until you received your medical license. The years required are the following:
Under graduate 2-4 years
Medical school: 4 years
Residency Training: 3-7 years. You would have to complete the residency training (even if employed) under our ‘training’ category in Voc Rehab. You would be consider ‘Training’ until you receive your Medical License. "

Long story short, I countered that residency is a FULLTIME employment with solid citations and that I should be considered "rehabilitated" once I get into residency. I also told her that I don't need 2-4 years for undergraduate and that I would only need 4 years of medical school as part of my rehabilitation plan since residency, in my opinion, should be considered "rehabilitated"

She would not budge after many email correspondences. Additionally, I've asked her that I would like to switch VRC or talk with someone up the chain, but she said that she isn't allowed to do that. Lastly she said she would close my file if I don't find another Vocational goal.

What are my options?

1. Circumvent my VRC and directly get in contact with her supervisor
2. Contact my Congress Representative
3. Should I just let her close my file and re-apply once I get into medical school? I'm paying out of pocket for the courses I mentioned above and its taking a toll on my bank account.

I would greatly appreciate any advice/feedback/input.

Thank you for your time!

Last edited:

Background: I am planning to knock out some courses i.e. organic chem II, biochem, BIO II Cell Biology, Genetics before taking the MCAT and then applying to medical school.

Bottom line, I was fortunate enough to be found entitled for CH 31 benefits. However, my VRC denied my vocational goal of becoming a "physician".

She stated that
" Reason: You do not have enough entitlement time remaining to become a Licensed Medical Physician. We are an employment program and could not deem you ‘rehabilitated’ until you receive your Medical License. When we write a plan on your behalf we must complete all training objectives until employable. You would not be ‘employable’ in your field until you received your medical license. The years required are the following:
Under graduate 2-4 years
Residency Training: 3-7 years. You would have to complete the residency training (even if employed) under our ‘training’ category in Voc Rehab. You would be consider ‘Training’ until you receive your Medical License. "

Long story short, I countered that residency is a FULLTIME employment with solid citations and that I should be considered "rehabilitated" once I get into residency. I also told her that I don't need 2-4 years for undergraduate and that I would only need 4 years of medical school as part of my rehabilitation plan since residency, in my opinion, should be considered "rehabilitated"

She would not budge after many email correspondences. Additionally, I've asked her that I would like to switch VRC or talk with someone up the chain, but she said that she isn't allowed to do that. Lastly she said she would close my file if I don't find another Vocational goal.

What are my options?

3. Should I just let her close my file and re-apply once I get into medical school? I'm paying out of pocket for the courses I mentioned above and its taking a toll on my bank account.

Thank you for your time!

All 3 are viable options and I would probably apply them in the order listed (I might do 1+2 simultaneously). You can also tell her that you do have a medical license once you are a resident (albeit a training license).

She stated that
Under graduate 2-4 years

What are my options?

Thank you for your time!

She is incorrect with the funding for training objectives toward employability to run right at the end of residency. As stated, you are already employed on day 1 of residency. Medical license is obtained upon graduation which in turn reaches your "end goal" of being a RESIDENT and not a full-fledge physician. I would argue that the goal of employability is residency upon graduation.

If this individual still does not comply (with copies of the CFR) I would go to the supervisor which you absolutely can. Congress Rep is not a bad idea as long as you have a 3 ring binder with all the criteria necessitated (and then some) to move forward.

I was denied twice by the same Voc-Rehab counselor before moving states and was approved. Her reasoning was that I am deemed employable for simply having a bachelors and didn't bother to look at my pending disability claims when I was in transition (weeks or even days) of officially leaving the DOD. Half the battle unfortunately is your Voc-Rehab Counselor. I had to start over and ended up getting approved less than a month before my program began. I like the order you have listed but if you know its a dead end streak with this person, it never hurts to close the books and start again (as I had to do).

Good luck.

She stated that
Under graduate 2-4 years

What are my options?

Thank you for your time!

She stated that
Under graduate 2-4 years

What are my options?

Thank you for your time!
Sorry to hear about your situation. so I just went through a similar situation but after a good back and forth she deemed me entitled and will be giving me an extension for the time of Grad School (2 1/2 years) And I what I took from this meeting was that what saved me was that I already was accepted to the Masters program I wanted to go in and the letters of recommendation that help support why you would do great in that field.

She stated that
Under graduate 2-4 years

What are my options?

Thank you for your time!

I must have missed this last month, so sorry for the delay. Your VRC is incorrect. 1) as esob points out, you have a training license in residency. 2) you get your full unrestricted medical license after you take Step 3/Level 3, usually granted during 2nd year of residency except in some states when it is granted at the start of your 3rd year, especially since most residencies require that you complete step 3/level 3 by 2nd year, or by a certain month during 2nd year. A medical license isn't what dictates employment as a physician, it is residency.

I would do those 3 steps you mention in that order. Worst case (in terms of time), it is 4 years of med school + 1 year of residency. How much time do you have left in total assuming you were approved for voc rehab with the 48 month rule, or if it's easier - how much GI Bill as been used?

Update 2 weeks into the 2nd Semester under VR&E:

For anyone new to the renewal from one semester to the next (as I was) I learned that some changes have taken place and I was caught in the cross-fires

1) Evidence of successful completion of a semester is registered and sent out to the VRC upon request or through your certifying official of your program

2) VA statement will be sent through the mail upon any updates with your benefits including start and stop dates of the Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH)

To my surprise, I went from over $2400 a month in my BAH to $1000 a month for the new semester! Typically if any drop was to happen you would be grandfathered into the higher pay-out but nothing should drop $1400 from one term to the next as a fulltime brick-n-mortar student! As it turns out, some programs west of the Mississippi had a "hic-up" in the new system and was given wrong values for the monthly housing allowance. I was glad I reacted as soon as I got the email... This was later resolved with communication with my VRC and the letter in hand.

The program has its benefits, but just a reminder that if some benefits are not caught quickly, reimbursements can take awhile to catch up. Some folks in times past have waited the whole term to be caught up in what they qualified for. Just a heads up for anyone new starting a second semester within your program.

Update after first year using VR&E

Payment of school tuition and other necessary amenities are indeed different including my 3-year accelerated PharmD program. Thus far an update was put on my student account showing my school costs disappearing to zero ( except the first Fall Semester...odd enough). Some IHL programs pay it off after every semester while others do it once a year or by graduation.

What I've mentioned before still applies: As long as your financial department includes the notion written on your student account that you are under VR&E then you have nothing to worry about. Also to add on this journey, another system is in the making of no longer using "Prefilled" student charge cards for the VA to pick up the bill (ie necessary school supplies and books). The transition is now going to be collecting the receipt directly from the university bookstore or other similar necessities such as licensure test prep books and other accommodations being utilized for the veterans education. I have yet to use it as of yet but will give the info once it is established and in place.

Payment of school tuition and other necessary amenities are indeed different including my 3-year accelerated PharmD program. Thus far an update was put on my student account showing my school costs disappearing to zero ( except the first Fall Semester...odd enough). Some IHL programs pay it off after every semester while others do it once a year or by graduation.

What I've mentioned before still applies: As long as your financial department includes the notion written on your student account that you are under VR&E then you have nothing to worry about. Also to add on this journey, another system is in the making of no longer using "Prefilled" student charge cards for the VA to pick up the bill (ie necessary school supplies and books). The transition is now going to be collecting the receipt directly from the university bookstore or other similar necessities such as licensure test prep books and other accommodations being utilized for the veterans education. I have yet to use it as of yet but will give the info once it is established and in place.

The change for supplies will be interesting to see. I've had widely varied experiences that were different with each counselor and institution. Here is a summary of my experiences:

1. At undergrad school #1, I would have to go to the bookstore, get all of my books and supplies that I wanted, take them to the register, and have them rung up. Then, they would print the receipt and keep everything behind the register. I then took the receipt to the school certifying officer and she would review my purchases to ensure they fit my schedule. If so, she would sign her name to a 3x5 notecard and staple the receipt to it. I then had to return to the bookstore and go to the register and give them this notecard. They would then process it like it was a check and give me my books and supplies.

2. At undergrad school #2, I just had to get my classes certified by the school officer and then she would call the bookstore who would put a check next to my name in a logbook. Then, whenever I needed anything throughout the semester I just took it to the register, they checked my name against my student ID in the logbook and sent me on my merry way.

3. Medical school has been a travesty. I have yet to be reimbursed for anything in the first two years b/c my institution has no electronic tie in for it. They are still on some antiquated 1960's pen and paper system so I basically have to pay out of pocket and submit for reimbursement for everything, and that process is painfully slow.

• Hmm
The change for supplies will be interesting to see. I've had widely varied experiences that were different with each counselor and institution. Here is a summary of my experiences:

1. At undergrad school #1, I would have to go to the bookstore, get all of my books and supplies that I wanted, take them to the register, and have them rung up. Then, they would print the receipt and keep everything behind the register. I then took the receipt to the school certifying officer and she would review my purchases to ensure they fit my schedule. If so, she would sign her name to a 3x5 notecard and staple the receipt to it. I then had to return to the bookstore and go to the register and give them this notecard. They would then process it like it was a check and give me my books and supplies.

2. At undergrad school #2, I just had to get my classes certified by the school officer and then she would call the bookstore who would put a check next to my name in a logbook. Then, whenever I needed anything throughout the semester I just took it to the register, they checked my name against my student ID in the logbook and sent me on my merry way.

3. Medical school has been a travesty. I have yet to be reimbursed for anything in the first two years b/c my institution has no electronic tie in for it. They are still on some antiquated 1960's pen and paper system so I basically have to pay out of pocket and submit for reimbursement for everything, and that process is painfully slow.

I am surprised that any medical school program utilizes your experience #3. Thankfully I haven't experienced that yet and hope I never have that opportunity!

I actually plan on going to the bookstore by this coming Monday just to see if the new system is in full swing yet. I am still under the prefilled cards (which for those who may not know) does the following:

Step 1) Go to the bookstore and pick out all material that is needed/covered in my syllabi plus any necessary school supplies.

Step 2) Have an associate at the bookstore ring up all of my supplies and give me a total cost down to the penny on a receipt slip.

Step 3) Go from bookstore to business office (location of certifying official and co-workers) and show the receipt slip of the total cost down to the penny and then put the exact amount on a prefilled card.

Step 4) Go back to the bookstore and collect all materials using my now prefilled card.

Step 5) Go back to the business office with collected materials and once again have the business office associates double check my items to what was listed on the receipt slip and mark off with a highlighter all claimed items from said bookstore.

The problem I run into is sometimes the "mandated" material(s) located on campus has a price different than what is listed in the bookstore (makes no sense to me whatsoever). So I would be left with a certain amount of $ on the prefilled card(s) which apparently by graduation I would have to "pay back the difference." The other issue is one card has a cap on $ allowance. Some can hold $50 , $100 and a $300 max cap on one card (I've attached pictures of what these cards look like). So I'd have to hand in all the cards and hope the office charged it right for the bookstore to ring me up (which again, has been an issue).

Once the conversion starts I hope to give another update on how that goes. I'll see if it's as easy as it should be.

Attachments

• VR&E Prefilled Cards.jpg
    VR&E Prefilled Cards.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 104
I am surprised that any medical school program utilizes your experience #3. Thankfully I haven't experienced that yet and hope I never have that opportunity!

I actually plan on going to the bookstore by this coming Monday just to see if the new system is in full swing yet. I am still under the prefilled cards (which for those who may not know) does the following:

Step 1) Go to the bookstore and pick out all material that is needed/covered in my syllabi plus any necessary school supplies.

Step 2) Have an associate at the bookstore ring up all of my supplies and give me a total cost down to the penny on a receipt slip.

Step 3) Go from bookstore to business office (location of certifying official and co-workers) and show the receipt slip of the total cost down to the penny and then put the exact amount on a prefilled card.

Step 4) Go back to the bookstore and collect all materials using my now prefilled card.

Step 5) Go back to the business office with collected materials and once again have the business office associates double check my items to what was listed on the receipt slip and mark off with a highlighter all claimed items from said bookstore.

The problem I run into is sometimes the "mandated" material(s) located on campus has a price different than what is listed in the bookstore (makes no sense to me whatsoever). So I would be left with a certain amount of $ on the prefilled card(s) which apparently by graduation I would have to "pay back the difference." The other issue is one card has a cap on $ allowance. Some can hold $50 , $100 and a $300 max cap on one card (I've attached pictures of what these cards look like). So I'd have to hand in all the cards and hope the office charged it right for the bookstore to ring me up (which again, has been an issue).

Once the conversion starts I hope to give another update on how that goes. I'll see if it's as easy as it should be.

Yeah, that is better than what I am currently doing but man, there has got to be an easier way for them to get us our stuff, lol.

Question for the people:

Currently a second yr med student in Michigan. So I applied for VRE and did my initial interview last week and was found to have SEH(70%). Currently I'm in limbo because the counselor says I'm too far from him and he has way too much people on his case load and he was planning to transfer me to another counselor. Before the meeting ended he said "look for 5 jobs and I would have in my mind why I cannot do them". My ebenefits says I'm in the program but it only says for 12mths 12days. Also states that my case was still open. My question is am I technically approved or I'm not done yet, and would I potentially have to do another interview with the new counselor? Any feedback you guys have is appreciated.

Question for the people:

Currently a second yr med student in Michigan. So I applied for VRE and did my initial interview last week and was found to have SEH(70%). Currently I'm in limbo because the counselor says I'm too far from him and he has way too much people on his case load and he was planning to transfer me to another counselor. Before the meeting ended he said "look for 5 jobs and I would have in my mind why I cannot do them". My ebenefits says I'm in the program but it only says for 12mths 12days. Also states that my case was still open. My question is am I technically approved or I'm not done yet, and would I potentially have to do another interview with the new counselor? Any feedback you guys have is appreciated.

The 5 Jobs is reflecting back to the Career Scope Assessment you may/may not have completed which is suppose to be mandated prior to completing the initial interview (during pandemic I do not know if this is modified or not). If he found you to be defined as having a Serious Employment Handicap (SEH) then you have what most would say is a Trump card that should easily expedite you to the IWRP (Individual Written Rehabilitation Plan) which is meant to help assist and write off on specific goals while in the Chapter 31 program in order to gain entry level employment. Typically they would go over your IWRP as well as your current Vocational Assessment. The only true way to be granted SEH is if the Vocational Assessment was done and completed at your initial interview (collecting information regarding your current status, mental/physical ailments, recent job(s), etc).

However, if he did not sit down with you to go over the details or create a IWRP, then as of now you do not have a valid expectation or goal laid out while being a second year medical student (which wouldn't be difficult to do seeing that you are already in student status). If you get transferred to another counselor without finishing the mandated IWRP, it is up to the new counselor if they want to skim your past results or start from the beginning and ask you additional questions regarding your current conditions. In reality, they're asking the "Why" questions. Why medical school? Why not be a teacher? Why not use your current bachelors and branch out? Why do you feel this path will not aggravate your disabilities? so on and so forth.

As of now, you need to prepare for another interview with the new counselor and elaborate how/why your top 5 jobs (career assessment) would not give you sustainable work with your current status ( I refer you to look over Title 38 - 21.35 where it talks about "abilities, aptitudes, and interests"). Now as far as E-benefits just ignore what amount it says you have. I've been on the program for over a year and the site still doesn't have my VR&E amount correct.

Just to echo what BC said, until you have a SIGNED IWRP in-hand, nothing is really set in stone. That document is really the golden ticket in this process because the burden then falls on them to take you out of the program whereas prior to that the burden is on you to demonstrate why you should qualify.

The 5 Jobs is reflecting back to the Career Scope Assessment you may/may not have completed which is suppose to be mandated prior to completing the initial interview (during pandemic I do not know if this is modified or not). If he found you to be defined as having a Serious Employment Handicap (SEH) then you have what most would say is a Trump card that should easily expedite you to the IWRP (Individual Written Rehabilitation Plan) which is meant to help assist and write off on specific goals while in the Chapter 31 program in order to gain entry level employment. Typically they would go over your IWRP as well as your current Vocational Assessment. The only true way to be granted SEH is if the Vocational Assessment was done and completed at your initial interview (collecting information regarding your current status, mental/physical ailments, recent job(s), etc).

However, if he did not sit down with you to go over the details or create a IWRP, then as of now you do not have a valid expectation or goal laid out while being a second year medical student (which wouldn't be difficult to do seeing that you are already in student status). If you get transferred to another counselor without finishing the mandated IWRP, it is up to the new counselor if they want to skim your past results or start from the beginning and ask you additional questions regarding your current conditions. In reality, they're asking the "Why" questions. Why medical school? Why not be a teacher? Why not use your current bachelors and branch out? Why do you feel this path will not aggravate your disabilities? so on and so forth.

As of now, you need to prepare for another interview with the new counselor and elaborate how/why your top 5 jobs (career assessment) would not give you sustainable work with your current status ( I refer you to look over Title 38 - 21.35 where it talks about "abilities, aptitudes, and interests"). Now as far as E-benefits just ignore what amount it says you have. I've been on the program for over a year and the site still doesn't have my VR&E amount correct.

Thanks for this detailed answer. I did the careerscope assessment but he wasn't happy with it. I only had 2 interests "scientific and humanitarian". The best job for me was "Laboratory Technology", which I worked as (Medical Technologist) prior to starting medical school. I essentially told him I wanted to be a pathologist. But after reading the answers I got I'm gonna have to call the office about potentially getting the IWRP.

We have a lot of great feedback concerning those using and qualifying for Chapter 31 VR&E Benefits over the past few years on some of our existing threads. I thought I would start a new one to gauge specifically towards the slight changes on Chapter 31 and overcoming Voc-Rehab Counselors (VRC's) along our journey. Questions are still welcomed as how to extend or qualify to earn or maintain these benefits.

I'll start with my updated outline thus far from the transition of Active Duty Service to Veteran Status and try to report my own updates of my success or downfall of gaining Chapter 31 Benefits by the time my professional program in pharmacy starts August 13th of 2019:

**Medical Evaluation Board Phase** (MEB) Initiation: September 21st 2018 (Treatments and Building case since May 2017 - March 2018).

**Informal/Formal Physical Evaluation Board Phase** (PEB Exam): October 4th - 5th 2018

**Formal Physical Evaluation Board Preliminary Rating** (FPEB): October 31st 2018

**DOD / VA Final Rating**: December 3rd 2018 (70% DOD / 80% VA)

**Final Orders**: December 12th 2018 (Separation Date February 25th 2019)

**VRC State of Texas Assigned**: October 10th 2018

**VRC State of Texas Rejection of Chapter 31**: November 14th 2018

Reason: B.S. Biochemistry and will not approve a Professional Doctorate Program as entry level employment

Currently on permissive leave and have appointment with new VRC in Kansas December 21st and will download my info on e-benefits while under the NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act) until I'm considered a service connected disabled vet on February 26th 2019.

Goal: Prove SEH by showing my disabilities keeping me from gaining “degree related” employment while maintaining doctor appointments in new state with my acceptance letter in hand for School of Pharmacy.

I will update my progression as time goes. Others feel free to report your journey or questions when it comes to Chapter 31. If you were successful, please let us know what part of your process helped you the most. The more stories and questions we can build, the better off we all can be while applying for this entitlement.

hi, this is my first post/comment in this thread so I hope I’m doing this correctly and not overtaking your thread. I had a question I’m unsure if you could even help with.

my husband is a veteran and a scientist who has his GI Bill still. He’s 90% but not P&T. He got out about two years ago. Somewhere down the line they changed some law so that he can’t transfer his GI Bill to me anymore for med school, unless he had transferred 1 month prior to (about) Dec 2019. We were not told about this and had no clue we needed to do it.
do you happen to know any way around this seeing as he’s disabled, over educated and doesn’t need his GI? They’re saying we can’t even transfer it to our children.

thank you

(ignore grammar, the website on safarikeeps changing what I’m writing).

hi, this is my first post/comment in this thread so I hope I’m doing this correctly and not overtaking your thread. I had a question I’m unsure if you could even help with.

my husband is a veteran and a scientist who has his GI Bill still. He’s 90% but not P&T. He got out about two years ago. Somewhere down the line they changed some law so that he can’t transfer his GI Bill to me anymore for med school, unless he had transferred 1 month prior to (about) Dec 2019. We were not told about this and had no clue we needed to do it.
do you happen to know any way around this seeing as he’s disabled, over educated and doesn’t need his GI? They’re saying we can’t even transfer it to our children.

thank you

(ignore grammar, the website on safarikeeps changing what I’m writing).

The rules did change sometime around mid-summer of 2019. It used to be that if a service member had at least 6 years of service AND agreed to 4 more years of service but couldn't complete the obligation due to circumstances out of the servicemembers hands (medical discharge for example), then they could have transferred the GI Bill to spouse or kids. The new rule stated two things when your husband left the service:

1) Those who had 16 or more years could not transfer the benefits to spouse or children.

2) Those who agreed to re-up their service to a 4-year extension (after completion of 6 years) but ended up getting barred from completing the contract can no longer transfer the benefit. This includes service members who were medically discharged as well as those who have already served 10 years (which used to be the greenlight to go ahead and transfer without needing to tac-on 4 more years of service).

Now as for the Post 9-11 benefits, unfortunately there isn't a way to transfer it to you. However, if he ever gets found to become P&T then you would qualify for Chapter 35 benefits. This is a Dependent Educational Assistance Program (DEA)

Click here for more information

It's not a guarantee, but if he ever becomes P&T and the VA finds it in his favor for you to use Chapter 35, it will cover your medical school costs (your BAH will be capped out unfortunately). It is a guaranteed 45 months of use should you be deemed eligible. If Congress with the Department of Defense decides to flex the rules for transferability due to this pandemic (which technically started Dec of 2019) then that'd be another story. As of now, the GI Bill will stay with him.

Between my therapeutic classes and exams I forgot to put up an update:

So yes, my program and many others have done away with the "prefilled" billing of which you present the receipt to your Certifying Official / Business Office before actually being able to pick up required study material (as well as paying first, get paid back later). My program now has the ability for those on VR&E to go straight to the bookstore as well as their internet portal linked out to other companies to make purchases and sent straight to you. Which is nice seeing Im about at the point of utilizing this resource before taking off on my own rotations after this coming semester.

Not all institutes have implemented this but rest assure it is happening slowly. The days of purchasing and waiting for reimbursements is soon to be a thing of the past! (or not...depending on this pandemic).

What did you guys submit as far as the program class schedule etc? Should I email the school and request a course list/units amount?

Had initial meeting and the 3rd party "evaluation" meeting, so still have hopes?

What did you guys submit as far as the program class schedule etc? Should I email the school and request a course list/units amount?

Had initial meeting and the 3rd party "evaluation" meeting, so still have hopes?

Not sure if I fully understand what you're asking.

At your initial meeting for VR&E consideration, did they request a class schedule? If you've been accepted to med school, all you would need is to provide your acceptance letter, proof that the university is regionally accredited, and your presumed start date / pending graduation date.

To add to it (if you wish), some have even had their dean (or whoever is part of their academic affairs) sign on their behalf validating an acceptance which in turn was sent to their VR&E counselor.

Not sure if I fully understand what you're asking.

At your initial meeting for VR&E consideration, did they request a class schedule? If you've been accepted to med school, all you would need is to provide your acceptance letter, proof that the university is regionally accredited, and your presumed start date / pending graduation date.

To add to it (if you wish), some have even had their dean (or whoever is part of their academic affairs) sign on their behalf validating an acceptance which in turn was sent to their VR&E counselor.

They are asking for a curriculum laid out session by session? But if an acceptance letter works then I will submit that. Like I can print out a general calendar of things that the school has, but I am willing to bet that's not exactly sufficient.

I started with a meeting with someone who works for the VA and we filled out a whole justification paperwork. Then they had me meet with some from a 3rd Party employment counselor and that's the stage I am at (gather 10 job postings, ets). But as I get further down the line more with VA people, I think it will become more clear.

Thanks for the help though!

They are asking for a curriculum laid out session by session? But if an acceptance letter works then I will submit that. Like I can print out a general calendar of things that the school has, but I am willing to bet that's not exactly sufficient.

I started with a meeting with someone who works for the VA and we filled out a whole justification paperwork. Then they had me meet with some from a 3rd Party employment counselor and that's the stage I am at (gather 10 job postings, ets). But as I get further down the line more with VA people, I think it will become more clear.

Thanks for the help though!

I had to basically download the curriculum schedule from one of the medical schools I was applying to. A lot of schools have their curriculum readily available on their website.

Evolving Update:

Some folks (including myself) have experienced a broken "paper trail" when it comes to the school billing the VA for book supplies. I have just learned of a new document that you may receive from you Chapter 31 counselor that can easily reimburse you a bit faster than simply keeping a receipt (as the receipts made by the school would/should be tide into your benefits regardless if it was covered by the VA or not).

It's called a 28-1908m VA-form and is explicitly for reimbursement of school material (attached): Just another FYI I have learned while continuing to my last year under the Voc-Rehab Journey.

Attachments

• 28-1905m Request & Receipt of Supplies.pdf
    103.5 KB · Views: 103