california?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TKD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone from cali here?
i recently took the cali boards, but one of my patients was rejected. therefore i have to wait until the next cycle. mind you i am nerb certified, completed dental school here and residency as well. now what baffles me is, i am hearing about cali accepting dentists from other countries who are not taking the cali boards. and they are crying about lack of access to dental care. is this true?? what the f??? also i had a buddy whose wife was transferred to pennsylvania for 6 months starting august. so he offered to work in a medical assistance clinic, yet due to red tape was not granted a PA license. he's licensed in 4 other states. mind you this is a clinic where ppl. line up for extractions from 5am onwards. i'm tired of dental boards crying about lack of access to dental care. why not grant restricted licenses to those who are willing to practice in underserved areas?
any thoughts? pls. correct me if i wrong about cali.

Members don't see this ad.

TKD said:
anyone from cali here?
i recently took the cali boards, but one of my patients was rejected. therefore i have to wait until the next cycle. mind you i am nerb certified, completed dental school here and residency as well. now what baffles me is, i am hearing about cali accepting dentists from other countries who are not taking the cali boards. and they are crying about lack of access to dental care. is this true?? what the f??? also i had a buddy whose wife was transferred to pennsylvania for 6 months starting august. so he offered to work in a medical assistance clinic, yet due to red tape was not granted a PA license. he's licensed in 4 other states. mind you this is a clinic where ppl. line up for extractions from 5am onwards. i'm tired of dental boards crying about lack of access to dental care. why not grant restricted licenses to those who are willing to practice in underserved areas?
any thoughts? pls. correct me if i wrong about cali.

This is only word of mouth, so I do not know how much truth is in this......but someone told me that cali may reject the wreb, even though on the website, it stated that wrebs will be accepted effective this year.