Dental board of California 2022!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mimidr

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My question is regarding Dental board of California and this delay that we’re all experiencing on getting our dental licenses. I filled out my application in 05/16/2022 and they still haven’t processed anything or I haven’t received any substantial information from them since then. It is so infuriating and annoying. I don’t know how much longer they’ll take and why they don’t give accurate details on application statuses. It’s 07/27 now and so far no response. Even more sad is that everyone that I know of is on the same boat. What should I do? I’m fine waiting but at least let me inform my employer that I’ll officially start on XYZ date if they give me some idea!

Please help on how I can understand the delay to the least.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
The board has their own timeline and they don’t care about you or your employer. This is just the way.

2 months is a long time to wait. Don’t nag them, they’ll probably just move you to the bottom of the pile if you bug them.

Update the thread when you do get your license so other can get a sense of the timeline.

Hi,

My question is regarding Dental board of California and this delay that we’re all experiencing on getting our dental licenses. I filled out my application in 05/16/2022 and they still haven’t processed anything or I haven’t received any substantial information from them since then. It is so infuriating and annoying. I don’t know how much longer they’ll take and why they don’t give accurate details on application statuses. It’s 07/27 now and so far no response. Even more sad is that everyone that I know of is on the same boat. What should I do? I’m fine waiting but at least let me inform my employer that I’ll officially start on XYZ date if they give me some idea!

Please help on how I can understand the delay to the least.

Thank you
I did in March. The physical application I had to send twice because they lost it on the first time, the online application got problem because I took the CDCA under WREB, I didn't know it was ADEX pathway and they informed me yesterday and said I may have to re-make my application.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did in March. The physical application I had to send twice because they lost it on the first time, the online application got problem because I took the CDCA under WREB, I didn't know it was ADEX pathway and they informed me yesterday and said I may have to re-make my application.
Unfortunately it was the same for me. I took adex and because the online portal “breeze” has such poor user interface I mistook the option for wrebs vs adex and chose the wrong option and had to re submit again. They didn’t call or mention anything to me I resubmitted the whole thing myself but unfortunately that pushes me way back in line. 😞
It bothers me the amount of time they’re taking and the lack of response. They’re worse than the DMV. seems like it’ll take them a whole year to process!

Reactions: 1 user
Agreed, it is seriously frustrating and ridiculous. I’m in the same boat and have been waiting nearly two months with no luck. I’ve emailed multiple times and barely got any information out of them. And it sucks because the only thing we can do is wait and wait some more.

OMG, you know. The deadline to pay debt is coming and I'm not making any money to take care of my family. So yesterday, I tried to call them and after 3 days of constantly calling without seeing anyone. Can you please share with me how long did that take you to receive your license after that ? Do you agree that WREB and CDCA merged in 2021 and on the website of CDCA I took, it said WREB. I thought the third page where we answered YES or NO, once we said YES on WREB, it skipped everything including ADEX. Thank you for sharing.
So I’m in the same boat as you. Still don’t have my license. And if you’re talking about the online portal “breeze”, depending on whether you took wrebs or adex, you have to select the correct answer. On the first page it does ask for wrebs and adex comes only once you select no to the wrebs option which is genuinely confusing as the adex exam is called CDCA WREBS!
And unfortunately we’re all on the same boat, financial obligations with a time crunch are creeping up on me aswell. They think it’s a joke and not realizing the conundrum they’ve put us in. If it takes this long to provide a license they need to have better systems in place to let us take or licensing exams 6-8 months prior to graduation and immediately apply for licensing. This is BS!

I’m in the same boat. Now I’m being told I’m deficient due no proof of ADEX exam. Did you all have to ask CDCA to send the exam results to the CA dental board? I was Under the impression when we select the states at the beginning it will be sent automatically. The cdca website even says all scores will
Be automatically submitted to states that participants in CDCA-WREB. this process has been infuriating

I’m in the same boat. Now I’m being told I’m deficient due no proof of ADEX exam. Did you all have to ask CDCA to send the exam results to the CA dental board? I was Under the impression when we select the states at the beginning it will be sent automatically. The cdca website even says all scores will
Be automatically submitted to states that participants in CDCA-WREB. this process has been infuriating
They told me that too. I immediately contacted the CDCA and they said it should be viewable for the dental board through their testing results portal. I told the dental board this and then they responded saying they had it now. So who knows why they didn’t have them at first.

So a lot of my colleagues have started to get their licenses. The whole process for my batch started last week. Most of my batch has their license number now including the ones who made the Adex Wreb mistake and who applied after me. I unfortunately as of right now haven’t heard anything from the board. Really really hopeful that this is the week I get my license too and wishing the same for you all!

Do they go off of the date they received the licensure application or the date we passed the law and ethics exam?