Atlantic Bridge 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For enquiring minds, I contacted RCSI directly and my email was forwarded to an AB advisor and the following is her response:

“Your email has been forwarded to me for response.

RCSI is on a rolling admissions basis and will invite students to interview throughout the admissions cycle until all seats have been filled. You can expect to hear a decision any time between February to July. Your application will remain open until you receive a final decision”.
Why didn’t they just say between now & July 🤣

Thanks for sharing!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard of people still getting invited for interviews for GEM programs yet? Or based on past intakes, have people gotten acceptances in June/July? Im losing hope:/

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard of people still getting invited for interviews for GEM programs yet? Or based on past intakes, have people gotten acceptances in June/July? Im losing hope:/
There was one person from last year’s thread that said they got an II from UL GEM after not even applying to that program.

Reactions: 1 users
There was one person from last year’s thread that said they got an II from UL GEM after not even applying to that program.
Hey everyone, I just got accepted into Uni of Limerick. I didn't even apply to the program and was sent an interview and an offer. DId this happen to anyone else?

I just got accepted to TCD and I am currently debating between a couple of schools.

Did anyone figure out their loans CIBC just denied my loans. I have no parents just my sister? Have anyone tried another bank like nbc or bmo . TD told me that I need strong cosigners with lots of assets ?
Receipts ^^^

That's interesting they didn't mention UCD at all, I wonder what they're up to. I remember that UCD GEM was reported to have filled up back in April so I imagine it must be in the same category as TCD, UCC, and NUIG?

While the news is disappointing, I think it also makes sense. From the threads of previous years, it looks like after April and maybe May, things were kind of "touch and go" with admissions. Like instead of rounds with multiple students being interviewed, it's one student drops from a school's program in June so now the school has to pull from the wait-list and do a new interview with just one or two potential students. It's just exhausting since people could theoretically hear back in early August if someone decides to drop out then. So it's just more waiting.

I wish the admissions office would send out mass announcements like this though instead of us having to email every other week for news....oh well, good luck to all of us at any rate lol.
AB emailed me saying UCD was full as well, which makes sense since they've been reportedly full for a while. I think hopefully we may see some waitlist movement around July since that is the general deadline for full tuition deposits. In the previous years threads, there's been some people posting acceptances in July and even August but it's not many people and it varies so wildly from year to year :/

At least it seems like July is also when schools tend to start officially issuing rejections and I guess some response is better than just anxiously waiting.

Looks like UCC is sending out final decisions now. I just got a rejection letter from them.

Has anyone heard your final acceptance/rejection decision back from TCD recently?

Is atlantic bridge biased in favour of non-trad applicants for GEM? Ive been seeing a lot of non trads apply/ get accepted so its making me wonder...

Is atlantic bridge biased in favour of non-trad applicants for GEM? Ive been seeing a lot of non trads apply/ get accepted so its making me wonder...
Non-trad here. No A yet. Two R’s.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just had a quick question. Does Atlantic Bridge keep supporting documents from previous admissions cycles on file from unsuccessful applicants? And if so, approximately how long? If I were to re-apply for say Fall 2023 entry, would I need to re-submit supporting documents?

Just had a quick question. Does Atlantic Bridge keep supporting documents from previous admissions cycles on file from unsuccessful applicants? And if so, approximately how long? If I were to re-apply for say Fall 2023 entry, would I need to re-submit supporting documents?
Hi, Atlantic Bridge will keep your application on file (with ur supporting documents) for 1 year. So if you applied this cycle, they can use it for the next cycle.

Hey, does somebody have an idea of the MCAT scores of matriculated students? Or what score we should be aiming for a solid chance at an interview? (Im deciding on whether or not I should retake). Thanks!

Hey, does somebody have an idea of the MCAT scores of matriculated students? Or what score we should be aiming for a solid chance at an interview? (Im deciding on whether or not I should retake). Thanks!
No, but I got a 501 and currently have 0 II from Irish schools (recently got one from an English school 🤗)

Nothing here, been rejected by two schools that I didn't even apply to, which was weird. UCC and UCD. But currently trying to apply to Australia to see what happens. A disheartening process.

• Hmm
Nothing here, been rejected by two schools that I didn't even apply to, which was weird. UCC and UCD. But currently trying to apply to Australia to see what happens. A disheartening process.
Can you please tell me which school in Australia you will apply? 😭

Got the R from UL today, so disappointed :(

I only have RCSI left. Has anyone heard whether their GEM program is full? I’m hoping some spaces will open up if people get into other programs/ decide not to go

Withdrew my offer to UCD. Hope this helps someone on the waitlist

Got the R from RCSI :( anyone know when deposits are due?? I have an update on my application, so I’m going to try to circle back to see if they’ll reconsider :(

Got the R from RCSI :( anyone know when deposits are due?? I have an update on my application, so I’m going to try to circle back to see if they’ll reconsider :(
Just recieved my R from RSCI as well :/ I believe any withdrawn offers will be given to students on the waitlist

Just wonder if all accepted students would pay the first year's full tuition on or before July 1st, which is supposed to be the deadline for each med school.
I think it varies by whether and how you’re using financial aid. Take heart though, there are plenty of stories of folks who got accepted in august from what I’ve seen 🙏

Just wonder if all accepted students would pay the first year's full tuition on or before July 1st, which is supposed to be the deadline for each med school.
The deadline for UL is august 1st. I’m not sure about other schools

So sorry but at least, you received a response! I haven’t received anything whatsoever 😒

i applied by the priority deadline and havent heard anything back yet. The advisor said they make final decisions in july and if they dont respond that means your file is still open. what does that even mean ? do they have a waitlist ? im so stressed. my stats are definitely not the best but im hopeful since i havent gotten a rejection yet. anyone else in the same boat?

i applied by the priority deadline and havent heard anything back yet. The advisor said they make final decisions in july and if they dont respond that means your file is still open. what does that even mean ? do they have a waitlist ? im so stressed. my stats are definitely not the best but im hopeful since i havent gotten a rejection yet. anyone else in the same boat?
You can try and email them, be sure to mention the bit about the priority deadline. Being that you haven’t heard a rejection, I’d say have hope. I believe there are waitlists in the event folks who have committed either can’t make a grade cutoff (if they’ve got a conditional offer) or if they can’t get loans/pay for what’s necessary. I think a handful of folks are in the same boat on this forum but for sure outside of SDN there are. Best of luck 🍀

You can try and email them, be sure to mention the bit about the priority deadline. Being that you haven’t heard a rejection, I’d say have hope. I believe there are waitlists in the event folks who have committed either can’t make a grade cutoff (if they’ve got a conditional offer) or if they can’t get loans/pay for what’s necessary. I think a handful of folks are in the same boat on this forum but for sure outside of SDN there are. Best of luck 🍀
I’ve emailed and mentioned it but my advisor hasn’t been able to tell me anything other than just to wait. I’m really trying to hold on to the hope but I’m still so nervous. This journey has been one of the most difficult ones I’ve undertaken. Thank you so much though for encouragement !

Récent e-mail received as of 14:25 CST 7/12/2021:

“Thank you for your email.
RCSI has filled their programs as of today. There may be last minute offers issued in the upcoming weeks but this is not guaranteed and will depend on last minute withdrawals. We expect to receive the final decisions from the universities in the upcoming weeks and will share them with the applicants right away. We thank you for your patience”.

Last edited:
Récent e-mail received as of 14:25 CST 7/12/2021:

“Thank you for your email.
RCSI has filled their programs as of today. There may be last minute offers issued in the upcoming weeks but this is not guaranteed and will depend on last minute withdrawals. We expect to receive the final decisions from the universities in the upcoming weeks and will share them with the applicants right away. We thank you for your patience”.
Interesting. They wrote to me last week saying the program was full then and the waitlist is long.

Anyone here applying to the 5 year programs with a bachelor's degree for 2022?

Anyone here applying to the 5 year programs with a bachelor's degree for 2022?
I did this year, didn’t expect to get my bachelors but did. Hmu if you want any info on doing that

Does anyone know where we can find our application numbers? I went back through all my correspondence and don't see it anywhere. Thanks

Hi, everyone! I plan on applying during this upcoming cycle for fall 2022 entry. I am applying to TCD and NUIG. If anyone has any advice for the application process, I would greatly appreciate it!

Hi, everyone! I plan on applying during this upcoming cycle for fall 2022 entry. I am applying to TCD and NUIG. If anyone has any advice for the application process, I would greatly appreciate it!
Hey! :)
I'm applying to those as well!

PM me!