Atlantic Bridge 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can someone take a look at my PS and Resume? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

To be accepted from high school, you need to attend a school that offers a 6 year undergraduate medicine program. Trinity and cork do not offer 6 year programs. RCSI and UCD do. You are eligible for a 5 year program at Trinity if you have one year of undergraduate education. You can enter the graduate medicine 4 year programs if you have completed your bachelor's degree.

My apologies, Im talking about Dent - I cant comment on Med. This is probably the best info out there on the Med programmes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone!

During my undergrad I applied for the 5 year program at UCC and got accepted. During that time my GPA was around a 3.3. I decided I wanted to finish my undergrad in Chemistry (cGPA: 3.4) and write the MCAT (512) to apply for GEM as it is only four years. At the time, my undergrad got stretched to 5 years because of health issues which resulted in me only being able to take one course in second semester of fourth year. I am starting to get really anxious about not getting accepted due to this and also am unsure if GEM is more competitive than the 5/6 year programs. I do have research and teaching experience as a research assistant and TA. Does anyone know anything about GEM being more difficult to get into? Currently UCC is my top choice! Thank you :)

Reactions: 1 user
Here’s hoping those II start coming soon 🥺

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else get the email saying that interviews will start in mid-March? 🙁 was hoping things would move more quickly than that

Anyone else get the email saying that interviews will start in mid-March? 🙁 was hoping things would move more quickly than that
Yep got that email too. :( according to last years thread UL always does their interviews mid March but RCSI and UCD mid feb..hopefully invites will still come end of this month tho, otherwise I’m gonna die of anxiety ahah.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone! American applicant here with very strong family ties to Ireland, just started looking into the Atlantic Bridge program. I see that the application deadline is 1/15. I have taken the MCAT and have my bachelor's, so I'd be looking at the 4-year programs. Should I apply even though it's SUPER late, or would I be wasting my money?

App info, in case it's relevant:
GPA 3.4, upward trend with post-bac work
MCAT 515
2500+ hours paid clinical experience
300+ clinical and nonclinical volunteering

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone! American applicant here with very strong family ties to Ireland, just started looking into the Atlantic Bridge program. I see that the application deadline is 1/15. I have taken the MCAT and have my bachelor's, so I'd be looking at the 4-year programs. Should I apply even though it's SUPER late, or would I be wasting my money?

MCAT 515

Thanks in advance!
You should definitely apply! Past posts show last minute applicants gain entry!

I’m just wondering why the programs are not moving decision dates up in light of the extended time it will take successful applicants to secure both accommodation and paper work during covid? Also they seem to lose their fair share of accepted applicants due to several North American schools sending out earlier decisions. You’d think they would step up their game this year.

Members don't see this ad :)

MCAT 515

Thanks in advance!
I would apply doesn’t hurt but that being said with two days remaining it depends on how fast you can get your refs to send letters in (Atlantic bridge only accepts letters directly from refs I believe) and get all your transcripts ready. So I guess it all depends...with covid I know schools can take a while to send that stuff too, if you got the extra cash why not 🤷🏻‍♀️ but keeping in mind all documents may not reach in time. Just my two cents

I would apply doesn’t hurt but that being said with two days remaining it depends on how fast you can get your refs to send letters in (Atlantic bridge only accepts letters directly from refs I believe) and get all your transcripts ready. So I guess it all depends...with covid I know schools can take a while to send that stuff too, if you got the extra cash why not 🤷🏻‍♀️ but keeping in mind all documents may not reach in time. Just my two cents
Anyone feel free to correct me on this, but I thought I read on the application that transcripts and letters could be sent later, as long as the initial app and fees were submitted by 1/15?

Anyone feel free to correct me on this, but I thought I read on the application that transcripts and letters could be sent later, as long as the initial app and fees were submitted by 1/15?
I’m not sure on that! When we did the November deadline it was that you just had to pay by that deadline and then all other documents could be submitted afterwards but the officer told me to have them all in mid January. I’d maybe contact them and see if it’s possible to pay and have documents in after the 15th? :)

Hello Canadian premed here. Have applied last year in Canada, and this year Canada + US with no luck so far. Am considering applying through atlantic bridge for fall 2022 entry. I have some questions that I hope can be answered here.
1) I know the atlantic bridge application request form closes in November each year, however, when does it open? And, is there any advantage to applying early?
2) Do irish schools operate on a rolling admissions/interview invite basis much like the US or more of a set date like canada?
3) I live in a very rural area, do irish schools offer online interviews? i know one school typically interviews in person in toronto and i believe NYC as well.

Thanks!

Hello Canadian premed here. Have applied last year in Canada, and this year Canada + US with no luck so far. Am considering applying through atlantic bridge for fall 2022 entry. I have some questions that I hope can be answered here.
1) I know the atlantic bridge application request form closes in November each year, however, when does it open? And, is there any advantage to applying early?
2) Do irish schools operate on a rolling admissions/interview invite basis much like the US or more of a set date like canada?
3) I live in a very rural area, do irish schools offer online interviews? i know one school typically interviews in person in toronto and i believe NYC as well.

Thanks!
1) I don't think there is a benefit to applying before Nov 15th. They submit all the applications at the same time, from my understanding. You want to haev your app complete tho before the Jan 15th deadline (transcripts, letters, etc) so that you can be considered for first round offers.
2)I think it's more of a set date, but they do mention "first round" vs "second round" offers...not sure what the distinction is, but all applications need to be in by set date.
3)This year they are virtual bc of Covid..don't know about the future though.

1) I don't think there is a benefit to applying before Nov 15th. They submit all the applications at the same time, from my understanding. You want to haev your app complete tho before the Jan 15th deadline (transcripts, letters, etc) so that you can be considered for first round offers.
2)I think it's more of a set date, but they do mention "first round" vs "second round" offers...not sure what the distinction is, but all applications need to be in by set date.
Thank you, that really helps!

Thanks!
1. The benefit that you have if you apply before November 15th is that you save money. Before November 15, the application fee per school is $75 whereas after that deadline it is $100 per school.

I’m not sure on that! When we did the November deadline it was that you just had to pay by that deadline and then all other documents could be submitted afterwards but the officer told me to have them all in mid January. I’d maybe contact them and see if it’s possible to pay and have documents in after the 15th? :)
For posterity: yes, supplemental documents (personal statement, transcripts, letters) can be sent later as long as the application and fees are in by Jan. 15th.

I submitted my app yesterday. Fingers crossed!

1. The benefit that you have if you apply before November 15th is that you save money. Before November 15, the application fee per school is $75 whereas after that deadline it is $100 per school.
Do this mean getting all transcripts, letters and personal statement in by November 15th? Or just requesting the application form by then?

For posterity: yes, supplemental documents (personal statement, transcripts, letters) can be sent later as long as the application and fees are in by Jan. 15th.

I submitted my app yesterday. Fingers crossed
Yay! I’m glad that worked out and it’s still possible. Good luck you don’t need it tho. Your MCAT is great I’m sure you’ll hear back for an interview ☺️

Do this mean getting all transcripts, letters and personal statement in by November 15th? Or just requesting the application form by then?
You have to submit the application and pay the fees before November 15, and then its $75 per school. After the 15th, its $100 per school.

Your application isn't considered complete though, until you send your transcripts, LORs, MCAT scores (for GEM), personal statement & CV to Atlantic Bridge.

For instance, I submitted my application before November 15th, but my application wasn't considered 'complete' until December, when all my other documents were sent and received.

You have to submit the application and pay the fees before November 15, and then its $75 per school. After the 15th, its $100 per school.

Your application isn't considered complete though, until you send your transcripts, LORs, MCAT scores (for GEM), personal statement & CV to Atlantic Bridge.

For instance, I submitted my application before November 15th, but my application wasn't considered 'complete' until December, when all my other documents were sent and received.
Yes, this is correct! I applied before November 15th and later updated my MCAT scores.

Hey guys
I emailed the admissions officer regarding when invites are potentially going to be released for first rounders. They said they can’t see them being released any sooner than February.
Sucks cause a longer wait but good to know an approximate I suppose 🙃
Hope this helps!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys
I emailed the admissions officer regarding when invites are potentially going to be released for first rounders. They said they can’t see them being released any sooner than February.
Sucks cause a longer wait but good to know an approximate I suppose 🙃
Hope this helps!
Thanks!! Was really hoping we’d hear something this month based on past years ☹️

Does anyone know where to find match lists for the GEM programs? I can only find RCSI’s.

The American interview season is far from over. Some schools interview through April in a usual year.
A majority of schools in Canada haven't released interview invites either - and interviews go through til March usually.

Hello! Has anyone received an interview invite yet? I just got one from the University College of Dublin and I was hoping I could get some advice. I also wanted to ask about what percentage of interviewed applicants are accepted. Thank you!
Edit: I am applying as a Canadian (US-Canadian Dual Citizen) and I applied for the 5/6 year route so depending on my predicted IB score (if I get an offer fingers crossed) I would qualify for the 5 year program. I also applied very early and submitted my application in October I believe.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Hello! Has anyone received an interview invite yet? I just got one from the University College of Dublin and I was hoping I could get some advice. I also wanted to ask about what percentage of interviewed applicants are accepted. Thank you!
Congrats! Was this for the graduate-entry program?

IT BEGINS

• Haha
the suspense is gonna kill me i swear....any one else having crazy med school interview dreams lol

Reactions: 4 users
the suspense is gonna kill me i swear....any one else having crazy med school interview dreams lol
YES 😂 this is dreadful, can’t even imagine what waiting to find out if and where you matched is like!

First, congrats! Are you applying for the 6 year undergrad program?

YES 😂 this is dreadful, can’t even imagine what waiting to find out if and where you matched is like!
I had a nightmare last week that I was offered an interview, but I had to do it then and there. So I had to interview in sweatpants looking gross (guess covid wasn’t a thing in my dream reality). Glad to know I’m not the only one who has weird med school stress dreams.

I had a nightmare last week that I was offered an interview, but I had to do it then and there. So I had to interview in sweatpants looking gross (guess covid wasn’t a thing in my dream reality). Glad to know I’m not the only one who has weird med school stress dreams.
Oof that sounds so vivid! 😂 I completely understand the struggle. So nice having this online community where everyone can relate. Most ppl are just like “try not to stress” it’s like talk to me once you’ve gone through premed, the mcat, and putting together applications haha

I had a dream that I was in labor...delivering an actual child...but then I got an email saying I had an med school interview in the caf so I went downstairs, did it, and then went back to having my child
...pls pray for my brain lol

• Care
  • Haha
First, congrats! Are you applying for the 6 year undergrad program?
I applied to the 5/6 year program and I am hoping based on my IB predicted score I can get a spot in the 5 year program.

MCAT 515

Thanks in advance!
Your MCAT is so good! According to MedSchoolInsiders and other famous medical advisor channels you would be able to get into a good med school in the US.

I applied for the route directly after high school
Wow! I’m in same position! You must have a killer application! There are a ton of “ how to ace “ medical school interviews online. I think the overwhelming info out there is to be able to demonstrate you know everything about the school and show your passion for going into medicine.
How much time did they give you for the interview? If they set the date out for a week or more your in great shape! The big nightmare is a “ are you free tomorrow?” invite... lol. Good luck!

Oof that sounds so vivid! 😂 I completely understand the struggle. So nice having this online community where everyone can relate. Most ppl are just like “try not to stress” it’s like talk to me once you’ve gone through premed, the mcat, and putting together applications haha
My dreams are always so vivid, that I think they’re real life. It’s the worst.

Congrats all on your interview invites so far!

Have any GEM invites been released?