Astro Career Center and "A Roadmap for Recruiting Medical Students into Radiation Oncology during a Period of Waning Interest"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think we need a resident union focusing on career. These places have no shame. $300k for 3 years is legit ridiculous. No self respecting new grad should ever consider such bs. Yes, the exposure to Rad Onc is abysmal in med school but that’s not the real issue whatsoever. You don’t get that much exposure about plastic surgery or surgical oncology either but you don’t see these kind of bs offers in those fields. Unfortunately, for as long as there are new grads who take these positions and are somehow “satisfied”, nothing will change.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Unfortunately, for as long as there are new grads who take these positions and are somehow “satisfied”, nothing will change.

Yea so, keep matching/graduating to support a nice supply of radiation oncologists, even if 75% of the people you are filling your unfilled spots with have no desire to work in this field. Keep underpaying new grads but make sure you work very hard to keep that salary information secret. Survey all new grads about their satisfaction right before they graduate, but prohibit any data collection about their happiness after they graduate. Lobby so that all policies support hospitals and stack the deck toward consolidation into large network practices.

All that stuff just "happens" by accent, right? ASTRO is looking out for all radiation oncologists, stop being so negative.

I guess this is the luckiest group of employers the US has ever seen :)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
$300k for 3 years is legit ridiculous. No self respecting new grad should ever consider such bs.
They tell you you'll make 1.2+ as a partner (you most likely won't). If this were true, you would eventually break even and come out significantly ahead in retirement at the expense of a lifestyle hit for the first 10 years of your career. So yeah, it's great if you make that trade off and it works. Alternatively, you dig yourself a big hole at the start of your career when investment income matters the most.
It's a such stupid trick.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The "exposure" discourse comes up about every 18 months and it is such COPE.

These people are so unserious.

I have loved Shah on this issue, but I disagree with this statement:

Shah: "I don’t think we can support any kind of collective action. Each program has to look internally and be self-reflective..."

These programs have had a decade to 'self reflect.' They've done so, and have determined the needs of their dept (resident coverage, covering satellites, "growth" of their dept) supersedes the priorities of the field, patients, or applicants. With VERY few exceptions the self reflection has been "our department is growing and can support more residents" in spite of national trends and needs.

It's time to break glass and put an immediate stop to expansion and shut some places down. They will not self police.
Good point. Who does he refer to in “we cannot support collective action”?

I took this to mean that the RCC (Resident Review Committee at the ACGME) can not get sufficient support (ie way too much push back from those that might stand to lose) to raise the training requirements in things like Peds and brachy in a way that would challenge any current programs and their resident compliment numbers.

To put it plainly, according to SCAROP/ASTRO:

It is not anti-trust to generate a salary survey among radiation oncology chairs and only distribute it to radiation oncology chairs.

The disclaimer on page 2 of that survey that it "may not be used to limit competition, restrain trade, or reduce or stabilize salary or benefit levels" totally negates any possible anti-trust issues.

However, it is definitely anti-trust to try to limit over-expansion of residency positions.

"We cannot support collective action" is a strange statement considering the support for collusion on salaries.

Reactions: 8 users
He means ASTRO
This point has been made before here but I will make it again:

"The Council on Graduate Medical Education is governed by the Federal Advisory Committee Act, Public Law 92-463 §1 (5 U.S.C. Appendix 2), as amended, which sets forth the standards for the formation and use of advisory committees. Originally authorized in 1986 for ten years, the Council has been extended through various legislative enactments... The charge to COGME is broader than the name would imply. Title VII of the Public Health Service Act, as amended, requires COGME to provide advice and recommendations to the HHS Secretary and Congress on the following issues:
  1. The supply and distribution of physicians in the United States.
  2. Current and future shortages or excesses of physicians in medical and surgical specialties and subspecialties.
  3. Issues relating to international medical school graduates.
  4. Appropriate federal policies with respect to the matters specified in items 1-3, including policies concerning changes in the financing of undergraduate and graduate medical education (GME) programs and changes in the types of medical education training in GME programs.
  5. Appropriate efforts to be carried out by hospitals, schools of medicine, schools of osteopathy, and accrediting bodies with respect to the matters specified in items 1-3, including efforts for changes in undergraduate and GME programs.
  6. Deficiencies and needs for improvements in data bases concerning the supply and distribution of, and postgraduate training programs for, physicians in the United States and steps that should be taken to eliminate those deficiencies.
In addition, the legislation calls for the Council to encourage entities providing GME to implement the recommendations of the Council specified in item 5, above."

Did Congress create COGME in violation of anti-trust? Or would it seem Congress (and by extension laws enacted) has encouraged other doctors and groups to constantly be exploring these physician supply issues?

Anti-trust is an ASTRO cop out. And a very fake cop out at that.

Reactions: 10 users
To put it plainly, according to SCAROP/ASTRO:

It is not anti-trust to generate a salary survey among radiation oncology chairs and only distribute it to radiation oncology chairs.

The disclaimer on page 2 of that survey that it "may not be used to limit competition, restrain trade, or reduce or stabilize salary or benefit levels" totally negates any possible anti-trust issues.

However, it is definitely anti-trust to try to limit over-expansion of residency positions.

"We cannot support collective action" is a strange statement considering the support for collusion on salaries.

Put simply in healthcare

If the collusion serves those in power then it’s not illegal

If the collusion serves the worker, then it’s a horrible travesty that no one could possibly take part in

Reactions: 14 users
This point has been made before here but I will make it again:

"The Council on Graduate Medical Education is governed by the Federal Advisory Committee Act, Public Law 92-463 §1 (5 U.S.C. Appendix 2), as amended, which sets forth the standards for the formation and use of advisory committees. Originally authorized in 1986 for ten years, the Council has been extended through various legislative enactments... The charge to COGME is broader than the name would imply. Title VII of the Public Health Service Act, as amended, requires COGME to provide advice and recommendations to the HHS Secretary and Congress on the following issues:
  1. The supply and distribution of physicians in the United States.
  2. Current and future shortages or excesses of physicians in medical and surgical specialties and subspecialties.
  3. Issues relating to international medical school graduates.
  4. Appropriate federal policies with respect to the matters specified in items 1-3, including policies concerning changes in the financing of undergraduate and graduate medical education (GME) programs and changes in the types of medical education training in GME programs.
  5. Appropriate efforts to be carried out by hospitals, schools of medicine, schools of osteopathy, and accrediting bodies with respect to the matters specified in items 1-3, including efforts for changes in undergraduate and GME programs.
  6. Deficiencies and needs for improvements in data bases concerning the supply and distribution of, and postgraduate training programs for, physicians in the United States and steps that should be taken to eliminate those deficiencies.
In addition, the legislation calls for the Council to encourage entities providing GME to implement the recommendations of the Council specified in item 5, above."

Did Congress create COGME in violation of anti-trust? Or would it seem Congress (and by extension laws enacted) has encouraged other doctors and groups to constantly be exploring these physician supply issues?

Anti-trust is an ASTRO cop out. And a very fake cop out at that.
Astro is evil

Astro is evil
Makes me think of the parable of the scorpion and the frog. ASTRO is going to ASTRO, it's just its nature and who they represent. They will look out for themselves even as they do irreparable harm to the specialty and society at large.

I just can't figure out why they are so much worse now than in the past. You didn't see this type of behavior damaging the specialty and being anti-community/anti-PP before the turn of the century.

Reactions: 1 user
Makes me think of the parable of the scorpion and the frog. ASTRO is going to ASTRO, it's just its nature and who they represent. They will look out for themselves even as they do irreparable harm to the specialty and society at large.

I just can't figure out why they are so much worse now than in the past. You didn't see this type of behavior damaging the specialty and being anti-community/anti-PP before the turn of the century.
IMRT is the answer.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This. A thousand times this.

Med Students can smell a sinking ship. No amount of "exposure" will compel them to commit career suicide.
Remember when the published proposed solution by our leaders was literally "canaries in a coal mine"? I.E. medical students are smart adults with agency and ability to research opportunities effectively and will ultimately decide when rad onc has over saturated and self-deselect.

Well.... the "canaries" have spoken and leadership now refuses to listen. Can't say I'm shocked.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Remember when the published proposed solution by our leaders was literally "canaries in a coal mine"? I.E. medical students are smart adults with agency and ability to research opportunities effectively and will ultimately decide when rad onc has over saturated and self-deselect.

Well.... the "canaries" have spoken and leadership now refuses to listen. Can't say I'm shocked.
Are they really canaries really speaking? Some identify as parakeets. How can we be sure it’s a coal mine? Many canaries now prefer iron ore mines. Coal mines are less common now than when our initial predictions were made. More research is necessary, but on the whole subterranean avian vocalizations and/or mortality seems balanced.

- Our Leaders

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I can only guess that the concern about residency interest is because there is some "cultural value" to having a high number of US grads apply.

Maybe 60 y/o radonc chairs or former chairs had a significant boost to their career trajectory because they were getting the best med studs in their home institution circa 2005-2015?

Pathology has had roughly 50% IMGs for forever from what I can tell. Still, some of the best research in many major med schools is done in the pathology department. Some huge fraction of medonc fellows are IMGs.

Path also realized that differences in med school education (in terms of exposure) didn't really impact residency interest.

We are where we should be. The top places will still get good US med studs. Med stud quality does not equate to research quality (we have collectively demonstrated this as a field).

This should not be a concern for ASTRO, and I could not care less.

This should not be a concern for ASTRO, and I could not care less.
Respectfully disagree. Went from first to worst in a few short years and we have workforce concerns even from the forced, watered down "report" commissioned by ASTRO after much hemming and hawing for them to do it.

@TheWallnerus has posted a link from the acgme indicating that supply and demand and workforce concerns are something that ASTRO and the specialty at large should be addressing

Last edited:
  • Love
Respectfully disagree. Went from first to worst in a few short years and we have workforce concerns even from the forced, watered down report commissioned by ASTRO. @TheWallnerus has posted a link from the acgme indicating that supply and demand and workforce concerns are something that ASTRO and specialty at large should be addressing
*COGME
And it’s a link from the federal government!

• Love
Respectfully disagree. Went from first to worst in a few short years and we have workforce concerns even from the forced, watered down report commissioned by ASTRO. @TheWallnerus has posted a link from the acgme indicating that supply and demand and workforce concerns are something that ASTRO and specialty at large should be addressing
Workforce issues directly are of course ASTROs concern. This is the #1 root cause of the dramatic change in interest (there are other factors).

However ASTRO should be mostly concerned about the quality of the field as it applies to 1. the quality of care provided and 2. the QOL of it's practitioners.

Residency interest is a secondary endpoint that should not be addressed directly IMO. However, it should be taken as one of the indicators of the health of the field.

My post was mostly a rumination on why academic leaders would be so concerned about residency interest. I have interviewed about a dozen IMGs from community hemonc programs over the past several years...mostly good.

However ASTRO should be mostly concerned about the quality of the field as it applies to 1. the quality of care provided and 2. the QOL of it's practitioners.

The biggest barrier to quality of care is payor issues, namely prior authorization limiting physicians to exercise discretion as to what they think is best for the patient (i.e., practice medicine).

The biggest barrier to quality of life (professionally and personally) for physicians are systemic issues and artificial complexities preventing practice in environments other than large corporate and academic systems as staff employees.

I see ASTRO doing nothing to address either of the above, and in the latter it's very clear that there is a bias against physician ownership.

The biggest barrier to quality of care is payor issues, namely prior authorization limiting physicians to exercise discretion as to what they think is best for the patient (i.e., practice medicine).

The biggest barrier to quality of life (professionally and personally) for physicians are systemic issues and artificial complexities preventing practice in environments other than large corporate and academic systems as staff employees.

I see ASTRO doing nothing to address either of the above, and in the latter it's very clear that there is a bias against physician ownership.

Isn’t APM a huge way to help point number 1??

They tell you you'll make 1.2+ as a partner (you most likely won't). If this were true, you would eventually break even and come out significantly ahead in retirement at the expense of a lifestyle hit for the first 10 years of your career. So yeah, it's great if you make that trade off and it works. Alternatively, you dig yourself a big hole at the start of your career when investment income matters the most.
It's a such stupid trick.
isn’t there that douchebag group in the carolinas that loves to talk about how “elite” and “prestigious” they are and starts people in low salaries with a long partnership track carrot?

• Haha
isn’t there that douchebag group in the carolinas that loves to talk about how “elite” and “prestigious” they are and starts people in low salaries with a long partnership track carrot?
There are numerous groups that prefer waiting for cold calls from graduating residents who grew up there. Because advertising a 300k job with an obviously fake partnership track didsnt work. It’s a red flag when you are having to woo and flatter the practice rather than the practice wooing the candidate. Because prestige doesn’t really fly. Do I at least get some Patrick Bateman business cards?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

If you’re talking about SERO, people are pretty happy there. It’s a three year lead in, and is pretty standard for a PP?

SERO is a dying breed though

Last edited:
It's weird to me that SERO has become a board punching bag. Large, stable group, in a nice area, with minimal turnover/unhappiness that I'm aware of. Seems like a good model for those who don't want to be employed by a nurse manager with a MBA that they gripe about non-stop.

Disclosure: I have no connection to SERO.

It's weird to me that SERO has become a board punching bag. Large, stable group, in a nice area, with minimal turnover/unhappiness that I'm aware of. Seems like a good model for those who don't want to be employed by a nurse manager with a MBA that they gripe about non-stop.

Disclosure: I have no connection to SERO.
Unicorns at this point considering all of the academic and hospital consolidation the last couple of decades.

I guess some people like the taste of 🦄🦄 meat

If you’re talking about SERO, people are pretty happy there. It’s a three year lead in, and is pretty standard for a PP?

SERO is a dying breed though

SERO no longer makes partners as per my last conversation from a few months ago.

It’s easy to take down these places. There’s a glut of ROs. If the hospital wants to employ their own they can do it

• Sad
I know SERO has one site that is outside the Charlotte area that is employed only.

SERO no longer makes partners as per my last conversation from a few months ago.

It’s easy to take down these places. There’s a glut of ROs. If the hospital wants to employ their own they can do it

SERO has non-partner positions (more than just one, AFAIK) but they still do offer partnership track positions.

If you were not offered a partnership track position, you just didn't *NETWORK* hard enough or come from a prestigious enough residency for them to consider you, peasant.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Is there any place still out there that gives you a truly fair buy in to technical after 2-3 years? At this point I am calling bs on all of it. Fool me once, twice, three times. Ok enough. The only people I’m seeing at this point successful in doing this have a connection. Daddy is a billionaire and got me a proton center in fl level stuff. Plebs will be employed.

Is there any place that gives you a truly fair buy in to technical after 2-3 years? At this point I am calling bs on all of it. Fool me once, twice, three times. Ok enough. The only people I’m seeing at this point successful in doing this have a connection. Plebs will be employed.

2-3 to professional partnership it seems to me. Might as well just go into academics or hospital employed if that's the case.

They should be giving that basically off the bat or after year one if the attending is productive first or second year.

This post is going to trigger some SDN posters.

• Haha
2-3 to professional it seems to me. They should be giving that basically off the bat or after year one if the attending is productive first or second year.

Might as well just go into academics or hospital employed if that's the case.

Correct. The entire point of private practice is ownership. 350k for 2-3 years then a 25k buy in to pro only isn’t very attractive anymore unless you’re in an area where hospitals are employing new grads at $35/rvu straight production or something ridiculous, especially with hospitals cutting pro only groups all the time.

I also have no connection to sero
But they were historically very fair. Did lots of shuffling of coverage to ensure everyone doing approximately same amount of work. Was always a long time to technical partnership but that would still work out well for you assuming you planned to stay there entire career

2-3 to professional partnership it seems to me. Might as well just go into academics or hospital employed if that's the case.

They should be giving that basically off the bat or after year one if the attending is productive first or second year.

Absolutely it is but you are right. I think there are a lot of straight up scams in PP. Why should you have to wait years to get an equal share of the professional collections especially if you are busy from the beginning and the practice supports you to get there? Why should it take over 5 years to get technical partnership? If someone is already good and you like them, tell them how much the buy in is for the machines and let them decide if they want to find a loan or save up over many years. Of course this is not the case, gotta hang the prestige carrot in a car which keeps moving ahead as you take bites at the carrot. This is a great feature, not a bug, of our unhealthy job market where these opportunities are so rare.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

There are benefits to being in a practice with a PSA vs being directly employed by the hospital.

Scheduling, days worked and intrapractice conflicts are handled among a small group of docs and not by the larger administrative structure of the hospital. This is a big deal when it comes to flexibility and drama.

With a PSA, the hospital largely looks at you as an entity that they invest in for certain outcomes...financial mainly, but also patient satisfaction. So they tend to be markedly less granular with the management of the individual docs.

Those 2-3 years are because we can and because we want to minimize the risk of an uncertain hire while maybe getting a little financial benefit from the hire for providing the opportunity. Reluctance to hire at all would be greater without a ramp-up to professional partnership.

If it were actually hard to hire a radonc...those 2-3 years might go away.

There are benefits to being in a practice with a PSA vs being directly employed by the hospital.

Scheduling, days worked and intrapractice conflicts are handled among a small group of docs and not by the larger administrative structure of the hospital. This is a big deal when it comes to flexibility and drama.

With a PSA, the hospital largely looks at you as an entity that they invest in for certain outcomes...financial mainly, but also patient satisfaction. So they tend to be markedly less granular with the management of the individual docs.

Those 2-3 years are because we can and because we want to minimize the risk of an uncertain hire while maybe getting a little financial benefit from the hire for providing the opportunity. Reluctance to hire at all would be greater without a ramp-up to professional partnership.

M

Very true unless you are a solo rad onc. Employee tends to make more sense here. Hospital pays your vacation coverage. Unless you can bill and collect on your own in a string payor mix market, employee often comes out on top as the reality is that a PSA is not private practice, it’s contracted services. PP nobody else has an interest but you. Sometimes tax benefits are better with a PSA but in my experience it’s a huge amount of effort to reduce your taxes a little unless you are overtly committing tax fraud, which I have no doubt doctors do.

That said, I know of pro only “pp” groups that let you eat what you kill off the bat. How long they will be around I have no idea. And let’s be real, no employed or partnered rad onc mid career or even early career is gonna step back from a 700k income to make 325k for 3 years only to make maybe 700 again. I mean I’m sure it happens because rad onc job market but damn that sucks

Update of the current Astro Career Center Job (pre ASTRO) posting on 04/04/2024:

1) Rad Onc private practice with SERO (Concord, NC).
2) Rad Onc academics with Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH).
3) Rad Onc employeed with UW Health Swedish American Hospital Carbone Cancer Center (Rockford, IL).
4) Rad Onc community academics with Duke (Cary, NC).
5) Rad Onc academics with Thomas Jefferson (Philadelphia, PA).
6) Rad Onc private practice with Charleston Radiation Therapy Consultants (Charleston, WV).
7) Rad Onc employeed with U Mass Memorial Healthcare (Boston, MA).
8) Rad Onc private practice with Palmetto Rad Onc (Myrtle Beach, SC).
9) Rad Onc employeed with Valor Oncology (Reading and Chico, CA). Salary $400,000 to $500,000.
10) Rad Onc employeed with Florida Cancer Specialists and Research Institute (The Villages, Sarasota, Wesley Chapel, FL).
11) Rad Onc employeed with St. Joseph/Chandler Health System (Bluffton and Hilton Head, SC).
12) Rad Onc employeed with Jefferson Healthcare (Port Towsend, WA). Salary $600,000 to 809,641.
13) Rad Onc employeed with SSM Health (St. Louis, MO). Salary starting $490,000.
14) Rad Onc commuity academics with University of Nebraska (Kearney, NE).
15) Rad Onc private practice with Radiation Oncology Care at Meridian Park (Portland, OR).
16) Rad Onc private practice with Radiation Oncology Consultants (Grants Pass, OR).
17) Rad Onc private practice with partnership (Jackson, MS).
18) Rad Onc academics with University of Alabama (Birmingham, AL).
19) Rad Onc private practice with KSK Cancer Center of Irvine (Irvine, CA). Would really like to know what the deal is with this position is as it been advertised for years.
20) Rad Onc academics with Vanderbilt (Nashville, TN).
21) Rad Onc academics with Dartmouth (Lebanon, NH).
22) Rad Onc employed with Common Spirit Health Mountain Region (Pueblo, CO). Salary $18 to $800 an hour.
23) Rad Onc employed with US Oncology (El Paso, TX).
24) Rad Onc employed with Memorial Cancer Institute (Hollywood and Pembroke Pines, FL).
25) Rad Onc community academics with University of Iowa (Bettendorf, IA).
26) Rad Onc employeed with Advent Health Medical Group (Sebring, FL).
27) Rad Onc academcis with UTSW (Dallas, TX).
28) Rad Onc academics with U of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH).
29) Rad Onc employed with ProMedica Cancer Institute (Fremont, OH).
30) Rad Onc academics with SUNY upstate (Syracuse, NY).
31) Rad Onc employeed with US Oncology (Roanoke, VA).
32) Rad Onc employed with US Oncology (Harlingen, TX).
33) Rad Onc academics with U of Iowa (Iowa City, IA).
34) Rad Onc employed with Med Center Health (Bowling Green, KY).
35) Rad Onc employed with Baptist Health (Elizabethtown and Corbin, KY).
36) Rad Onc emplpoyed with Kettering Health (Kettering, OH).
37) Rad Onc academics with Northwell Health (Lake Success, NY).
38) Rad Onc community academics with Allegheny Health Network (Erie, PA).
39) Rad Onc community academics at Medical University of South Carolina (Murrells Inlet, SC).
40) Rad Onc Chair at Allegheny Health Network (Pittsburgh, PA).
41) Rad Onc emplyeed with McFarland Clinic (Ames, IA).
42) Rad Onc community academics with Allegheny Health Network (Monroeville, PA).
43) Rad Onc community academics with UPMC (Altoona, Butler, Hohstown, Uniontown, PA).
44) Rad Onc employeed Kingman Regional Medical Center (Kingman, AZ).
45) Rad Onc academics with Standford (Palo Alto, CA). Salary $340,000 to $370,000.
46) Rad Onc academcis with Mayo (Rochester, MN and Phoenix, AZ).
47) Rad Onc employed with OSF Healthcare (Peoria, IL).
48) Rad Onc employed with US Oncology (Tucson, AZ).
49) Rad Onc private practice with Dayton Physicians Network (Dayton, OH).
50) Rad Onc employed with the US Oncology Network (Covinton, GA).
51) Rad Onc academics with University of Florida (Jacksonville, FL).
52) Rad Onc employed Carle Clinic (Urbana, IL).
53) Rad Onc employed with Samaritan Health (Corvallis, OR).
54) Rad Onc employed with Vassar Brothers Medical Center (Poughkeepsie, NY).
55) Rad Onc employed with Mercy One North (Mason City, IA).
56) Rad Onc academics with MSKCC (New York, NY). Salary $360,000 to $500,000.
57) Rad Onc employed with Life Point Health (Maysville, KY).
58) Rad Onc employed with Palo Alto Foundation Medical Group (Palo Alto, CA).
59) Rad Onc employed (Jonesboro, AR). Salary $550,000 to $650,000.
60) Rad Onc employed (Portsmouth, OH).
61) Rad Onc academics with UTMB (Galveston, TX).
62) Rad Onc academics with U of Washington (Seattle, WA). Salary $305,004 to $600,000.

Update of the current Astro Career Center Job (pre ASTRO) posting on 04/04/2024:

1) Rad Onc private practice with SERO (Concord, NC).
2) Rad Onc academics with Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH).
3) Rad Onc employeed with UW Health Swedish American Hospital Carbone Cancer Center (Rockford, IL).
4) Rad Onc community academics with Duke (Cary, NC).
5) Rad Onc academics with Thomas Jefferson (Philadelphia, PA).
6) Rad Onc private practice with Charleston Radiation Therapy Consultants (Charleston, WV).
7) Rad Onc employeed with U Mass Memorial Healthcare (Boston, MA).
8) Rad Onc private practice with Palmetto Rad Onc (Myrtle Beach, SC).
9) Rad Onc employeed with Valor Oncology (Reading and Chico, CA). Salary $400,000 to $500,000.
10) Rad Onc employeed with Florida Cancer Specialists and Research Institute (The Villages, Sarasota, Wesley Chapel, FL).
11) Rad Onc employeed with St. Joseph/Chandler Health System (Bluffton and Hilton Head, SC).
12) Rad Onc employeed with Jefferson Healthcare (Port Towsend, WA). Salary $600,000 to 809,641.
13) Rad Onc employeed with SSM Health (St. Louis, MO). Salary starting $490,000.
14) Rad Onc commuity academics with University of Nebraska (Kearney, NE).
15) Rad Onc private practice with Radiation Oncology Care at Meridian Park (Portland, OR).
16) Rad Onc private practice with Radiation Oncology Consultants (Grants Pass, OR).
17) Rad Onc private practice with partnership (Jackson, MS).
18) Rad Onc academics with University of Alabama (Birmingham, AL).
19) Rad Onc private practice with KSK Cancer Center of Irvine (Irvine, CA). Would really like to know what the deal is with this position is as it been advertised for years.
20) Rad Onc academics with Vanderbilt (Nashville, TN).
21) Rad Onc academics with Dartmouth (Lebanon, NH).
22) Rad Onc employed with Common Spirit Health Mountain Region (Pueblo, CO). Salary $18 to $800 an hour.
23) Rad Onc employed with US Oncology (El Paso, TX).
24) Rad Onc employed with Memorial Cancer Institute (Hollywood and Pembroke Pines, FL).
25) Rad Onc community academics with University of Iowa (Bettendorf, IA).
26) Rad Onc employeed with Advent Health Medical Group (Sebring, FL).
27) Rad Onc academcis with UTSW (Dallas, TX).
28) Rad Onc academics with U of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH).
29) Rad Onc employed with ProMedica Cancer Institute (Fremont, OH).
30) Rad Onc academics with SUNY upstate (Syracuse, NY).
31) Rad Onc employeed with US Oncology (Roanoke, VA).
32) Rad Onc employed with US Oncology (Harlingen, TX).
33) Rad Onc academics with U of Iowa (Iowa City, IA).
34) Rad Onc employed with Med Center Health (Bowling Green, KY).
35) Rad Onc employed with Baptist Health (Elizabethtown and Corbin, KY).
36) Rad Onc emplpoyed with Kettering Health (Kettering, OH).
37) Rad Onc academics with Northwell Health (Lake Success, NY).
38) Rad Onc community academics with Allegheny Health Network (Erie, PA).
39) Rad Onc community academics at Medical University of South Carolina (Murrells Inlet, SC).
40) Rad Onc Chair at Allegheny Health Network (Pittsburgh, PA).
41) Rad Onc emplyeed with McFarland Clinic (Ames, IA).
42) Rad Onc community academics with Allegheny Health Network (Monroeville, PA).
43) Rad Onc community academics with UPMC (Altoona, Butler, Hohstown, Uniontown, PA).
44) Rad Onc employeed Kingman Regional Medical Center (Kingman, AZ).
45) Rad Onc academics with Standford (Palo Alto, CA). Salary $340,000 to $370,000.
46) Rad Onc academcis with Mayo (Rochester, MN and Phoenix, AZ).
47) Rad Onc employed with OSF Healthcare (Peoria, IL).
48) Rad Onc employed with US Oncology (Tucson, AZ).
49) Rad Onc private practice with Dayton Physicians Network (Dayton, OH).
50) Rad Onc employed with the US Oncology Network (Covinton, GA).
51) Rad Onc academics with University of Florida (Jacksonville, FL).
52) Rad Onc employed Carle Clinic (Urbana, IL).
53) Rad Onc employed with Samaritan Health (Corvallis, OR).
54) Rad Onc employed with Vassar Brothers Medical Center (Poughkeepsie, NY).
55) Rad Onc employed with Mercy One North (Mason City, IA).
56) Rad Onc academics with MSKCC (New York, NY). Salary $360,000 to $500,000.
57) Rad Onc employed with Life Point Health (Maysville, KY).
58) Rad Onc employed with Palo Alto Foundation Medical Group (Palo Alto, CA).
59) Rad Onc employed (Jonesboro, AR). Salary $550,000 to $650,000.
60) Rad Onc employed (Portsmouth, OH).
61) Rad Onc academics with UTMB (Galveston, TX).
62) Rad Onc academics with U of Washington (Seattle, WA). Salary $305,004 to $600,000.
I think there’s also one in San Antonio $600,000

I wonder if the Stanford job is a test: anyone taking 350k in Palo Alto to treat H&N and Gyn is either desperate or doesn't really need to work.

I wonder if the Stanford job is a test: anyone taking 350k in Palo Alto to treat H&N and Gyn is either desperate or doesn't really need to work.
married to a tech/financial criminal bro

that is probably what they pay.
For years - they were hiring people as instructors. I'm sure paying them either a PGY6 salary or low 100s.
It is a desirable location and as is common in medicine, the pay in desirable locations can suck.
If you don't want that job, they will have others that do because their partner works in tech/finance and has geographic limitations.

For years - they were hiring people as instructors. I'm sure paying them either a PGY6 salary or low 100s.
It is a desirable location and as is common in medicine, the pay in desirable locations can suck.
If you don't want that job, they will have others that do because their partner works in tech/finance and has geographic limitations.
Exactly. They know someone will take it and listing the low salary weeds out anyone who wouldn’t on the front end. If I flew out to Des Moines and spent two days shaking hands and going out to dinner and was offered 350k I would be furious.

Yep.

People are docs all over NYC and the Bay Area. Different folks have diff priorities. If your family lives in NorCal or your spouse does.