Are PREview scores sent to every school? Or just only participating schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beanpro

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My PREview test is tomorrow and I've been debating whether or not to take it after hearing a rumor that my score would be sent to every school. I've been seeing mixed responses and I would rather not take it if only two of my schools recommend it

Members don't see this ad.

Just kidding, I just saw it in the AAMC guidelines. I was wondering though how much of an impact does it have on my application if I do not take the test for schools that recommend it?

If you don't take it for the schools that REQUIRE it, your application will be incomplete.

Either leave those 2 schools off your list, or just take the test.

AAMC did say that the results will be available to all AMCAS schools, but I don't think the schools which decided not to use the test will take the time to look at it.

If you don't take it for the schools that REQUIRE it, your application will be incomplete.

Either leave those 2 schools off your list, or just take the test.

AAMC did say that the results will be available to all AMCAS schools, but I don't think the schools which decided not to use the test will take the time to look at it.
Oh I see, that clears up confusion for the AAMC thing

What if PREview is only recommended? The schools that recommend PREview in my list are DMUCOM and william beaumont

Members don't see this ad :)
To clarify and based on my understanding: PREview results and MCAT results have been incorporated into the data available to all AMCAS schools. I understand that PREview results (like MCAT scores) are thus available to all schools. The schools' own application management programs need to be appropriately configured so that they do not access PREview results if they will not use the information in their application process.

Read

Reactions: 1 user
Do you think there is any chance some schools that do not require/recommend Preview would be subconsciously influenced by my score when reviewing my app? I am worried about taking Preview for just one school if I do poorly and indirectly hurt my app for other schools that don't even "need" it.
First, I doubt schools are "subconsciously influenced." If it's not part of their review criteria, it should not be considered for decisions. It may be unsatisfying to trust the integrity of the admissions professionals at each school, but there's nothing you can do about it.

Now, if individuals on the committee are influenced, this assumes they have some training or knowledge to interpret the scores (not all voting faculty know, believe it or not). AAMC has done a lot to develop training for admissions committees that use the PREview results for decisions.

It is incumbent on each admissions office and committee to clearly discuss how they will consider PREview scores as transparently as possible, and collectively they must dispel any anxiety about the value of these results in their individual decisions.

Reactions: 1 user