Are girls attractive in Dental school??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed with one at USC... she's in the class of 2012 -- Alexis Pelekanos... normally I wouldn't call out a specific one, but she was on that reality show for the pussycat dolls so I guess it's ok... scope it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=-m20fmvh3Mw&feature=channel

Is that a joke?

Members don't see this ad.

This is pretty funny. Most guys are pretty pervy anyway. But I think the stress of studying a lot can REALLY make the minds wander.

I interviewed at a school when it was warmer and wore a silk blouse with dress suit. Stockings and medium high black pumps. I usually try to look very polished and wear makeup. Hair all done up and everything. I walk into the school and was already getting sweaty palms. There were 6 or so dental school guys in scrubs who spotted me and kept on leering as I walked down the hall to get to the admissions office. It made me really uncomfortable. When I finally walked past them, I could feel their eyes still staring. Burning a fracking hole on my back. Then one guy said "DAMN DUDE, SHE IS SO GONNA GET IN." The others grunt-laughed like cavemen. And I wanted to come back over and barf all over him. I was nervous and this wasn't making matters better.

This is pretty funny. Most guys are pretty pervy anyway. But I think the stress of studying a lot can REALLY make the minds wander.

I interviewed at a school when it was warmer and wore a silk blouse with dress suit. Stockings and medium high black pumps. I usually try to look very polished and wear makeup. Hair all done up and everything. I walk into the school and was already getting sweaty palms. There were 6 or so dental school guys in scrubs who spotted me and kept on leering as I walked down the hall to get to the admissions office. It made me really uncomfortable. When I finally walked past them, I could feel their eyes still staring. Burning a fracking hole on my back. Then one guy said "DAMN DUDE, SHE IS SO GONNA GET IN." The others grunt-laughed like cavemen. And I wanted to come back over and barf all over him. I was nervous and this wasn't making matters better.

Barfing would definitely not fit you, according to you attracting attire, I say a nice confrontation to the dogs and see if they got the balls to say something . And based on what they say , you can see the professionalism in the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your post was kinda fun to read, nice choice of words.!

2 things:
1.Date whoever you want, having a classmate you're shagging only serves to give you a study partner for gross anatomy. I sure as hell wouldn't let that stop me from getting my jollies. Some very happy couples I know are classmates, just don't act like a 12 yr old and you shouldn't expect drama if things go south (for ex, don't dump your DDS gf for a chick in a different class at the SAME school...duh?)
2. If you're Really smart you would just walk downstairs and start hitting on every hygiene student you see, indiscriminately. Fish in a barrel.

The absolute best way to study and retain gross.

The absolute best way to study and retain gross.

Unless you're absolutely certain that you want to be with that person, I would NOT date any of my classmates. Just think about it. If things go sour, you have to see that person every day until you graduate. Certainly not a comfortable position to be in. Best thing to do is keep your dating affairs outside the DB, unless you're a 4th year and you date a hygienist (which I did for a brief period of time :D)

Unless you're absolutely certain that you want to be with that person, I would NOT date any of my classmates. Just think about it. If things go sour, you have to see that person every day until you graduate. Certainly not a comfortable position to be in. Best thing to do is keep your dating affairs outside the DB, unless you're a 4th year and you date a hygienist (which I did for a brief period of time :D)

On the flipside of that, I'd say go for it. You'd both be training to be "professionals" and one of the key things that most people need to do is be able to separate their personal and professional lives. Why not then? If the relationship does sour, well then chances are the both of you WON'T be say assisting each other on a daily basis in patient care, and well if one of you sits on one side of a lecture room and the other on the other, no big deal, you are afterall BOTH training to be professionals and in theory have the maturity level to handle that

Hot and a BSG fan!

As the pool of women get smarter they, on the whole, get less attractive. This is indisputable. Have fun! Though my female colleague and her gay friend just told me the women in my class are on par with the men so I guess it works both ways.

At my school at least, the dental students are much more attractive than the med students. Its not even a contest. Not sure what that says about our IQ's...

Last edited:

Last edited:
there's some attractive women in dental school...

but i really find it a turn-off when you feel they're "competing" with you...so unattractive! ;)

Reactions: 1 users
there's some attractive women in dental school...

but i really find it a turn-off when you feel they're "competing" with you...so unattractive! ;)

sounds like my class. all the gunners are chicks and almost all the girls (gunners and nons alike) are pretty hot. 1st day of orientation week was pretty funny, we were sitting in a lecture hall waiting for everyone to get there and we (the guys) were like "wtf is going on?" because for every decent girl that came in, 4 more would eventually show up that were all really cute. granted our class size is small but still, almost all of them are pretty attractive (and smart too).

oh, and of course they almost all have boyfriends and a few are even married so...that sucks.

Yes. There are very attractive girls at Buffalo! Not sure about the other schools... I'm sure you can find a few dimes anywhere you look!

Members don't see this ad :)
the sh7t show of a dental school I went to had its fair share of hotties. I'd say it was def. an advantage for them. They were always, and I mean always, the ones that got the most help and attention in clinic...hands mf down. I know for a fact that at least 2 of them were bumpin rugs with clinical instructors. Great school.......

pics or gtfo :naughty:

Second that. Include some measurements, pictures can be deceiving.

Also, whoever these "guys" were that were making comments sound like a couple of douche bags that don't get much play.:cool:

I don't think it is important if there are any cute girls in dental school.

If you're looking for flings its best to not do it with the small group of people you're gonna be seeing everyday for the next 4 yrs.

If you're looking for a girl to settle down with then I think you can do better than the girls there. You'll be making plenty of money soon enough and wont need a dual-income for your family. You also wont need the drama that comes with it. Find a younger girl that's sweet, kind, feminine and isn't a career girl. This path is exponentially more satisfying.

If you're looking for flings its best to not do it with the small group of people you're gonna be seeing everyday for the next 4 yrs.

If you're looking for a girl to settle down with then I think you can do better than the girls there. You'll be making plenty of money soon enough and wont need a dual-income for your family. You also wont need the drama that comes with it. Find a younger girl that's sweet, kind, feminine and isn't a career girl. This path is exponentially more satisfying.

Best post of the thread, exactly what I am doing now. Word.

My next scientific experiment...... See how much beauty equates to having to do less of your own lab work in dental school..

Best post of the thread, exactly what I am doing now. Word.

:thumbup:

Well said, couldn't agree more :thumbup:

Interesting observation I made during school is that there are a lot of dental school cougars, at least in from what I see.

Hott girls should only be used for motivation to excel in dentistry!

Time and attractiveness seem to have an inverse relationship in dental school imo. Initially, everyone is like :naughty: then 3 months later after a few anatomy/microbiology/pharmacology finals... :eek::confused::scared:

i would never marry another dentist if i become a dentist.
how boring would your life be LOL
talking about all the dental stuff,

I do not think life would be that boring with a household of two working dentists. Two people with a combined income of +500k if they set themselves up right. Work smart not hard and enjoy life. What else is there to do?

Reactions: 1 user
Overheard this the other day:

Overweight female med student speaking to my dental classmate: "All of you dental girls are so pretty.... it must be because you have more free time than us to take care of yourselves and exercise."

Right, b/c they became attractive after they started dental school...

I do not think life would be that boring with a household of two working dentists. Two people with a combined income of +500k if they set themselves up right. Work smart not hard and enjoy life. What else is there to do?

Being married to another dentist isn't a big deal. I speak from now almost 16 years of experience at it ;)

Pretty much unless it's a mutual patient we're talking about, most of the "work talk" that happens at home is about staff issues or some funky patient that was in either of our offices that day, etc. Most of what we talk about at home is "normal" married couple stuff (i.e. our kids, our kids schedules{those 2 take up the vast majority of our conversations :rolleyes: } and then things like household finances, vacation planning, etc ) work talk makes up maybe 10% of our weekly conversation time. And that seems to be the case for the 5 other dentist-dentist couples that we know and regularly associate with, all of whom have been married for 10+ years too.

The dual dental income thing isn't bad either, although in reality, you still tend to live like any other "regular" couple with the exception that you tend not to stress as much about putting $$ asside for the kids college funds and your retirement funds and if they'll be enough $$ to afford to take the kids on a trip to Disneyworld, etc. If you live wisely all along, then that means (or atleast my financial advisor keeps telling me this ;) that when we reach our retirement goal, that we'll be able to continue the lifestyle that we've had all along, and not have any major adjustments :D

Reactions: 2 users

I'm generally interested in dating girls outside of school because it allows for more room for "error". Yes it's easier to meet girls in school because of this huge commonality aka dentistry. But, when it's time to break it off or either of you wants to keep it casual while the other wants something different, things can get inconvenient lol. If you want more variety/options, regardless of your sex, you are going to have to look outside of school for dating. Based on some answers clearly people can still end up meeting their "soul mates" in school and it's great! But I think that's more rare. But, to answer the question of whether or not girls are attractive... Abso$&@kinglutely

Just loving how this thread has an absurd amount more views than any other thread.

Reactions: 5 users
I have to say that every single one of my classmates (guys and girls) are really good looking here at Penn. It's like an admission requirement: "must be attractive to matriculate!"

I have to say that every single one of my classmates (guys and girls) are really good looking here at Penn. It's like an admission requirement: "must be attractive to matriculate!"

I interviewed at Penn and was rejected.

Going to be single forever.

Reactions: 4 users
That's why you made it! ;)

Last edited:
I interviewed at Penn and was rejected.

Going to be single forever.
I tend to always see the best in people. Also, a lot of people from my hometown are really ugly, so coming to a place where nearly everyone is attractive was a big change.

I tend to always see the best in people. Also, a lot of people from my hometown are really ugly, so coming to a place where nearly everyone is attractive was a big change.

I guess that's why I'm at Temple now.

It's where all the ugly people go.

I guess that's why I'm at Temple now.

It's where all the ugly people go.
Not true! You all look good too and everyone I've met there seems nicer. Ok I'm unfollowing this thread.

My girlfriend works with me and our relationship is really fun. We see patients together, chat about new discoveries in the fields of science and world politics, and tag team the most challenging cases. Our patients love our dynamic and we are constantly complimented by how interesting and engaging we make their visits.

There's an art to life's distractions. I love that line from Hozier.

There is never a boring day. We make an effort to get to know our patients and learn about the intricacies of dentistry and the world around us. Each patient has a life-story, and we get to travel the world through the stories of our patients.

Dentistry is not boring. Far from it.

i would just be hesitate due to their debt.