Anyone working at a Costco as Rph?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ice712

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Costco career page showed a lot of openings (RPH or PIC); anyone knows if this is true? I submitted applications online and never heard back... I wonder if they really look at the submission... or they are really hiring

Members don't see this ad.

They already have people lined up. Those are fake. Costco is one of the most desirable places to work so you have to know people to get in.

Reactions: 1 users
They already have people lined up. Those are fake. Costco is one of the most desirable places to work so you have to know people to get in.

Wow... that's too crazy... no wonder there were so many openings...

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like all job postings are fake. I get it, you don’t wanna get sued so you post it publicly even tho you already have someone in mind

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like all job postings are fake. I get it, you don’t wanna get sued so you post it publicly even tho you already have someone in mind

Also true. That's why we call prepharms naive when they argue that there are many jobs because they see a bunch of listings like these.

Reactions: 5 users
Also true. That's why we call prepharms naive when they argue that there are many jobs because they see a bunch of listings like these.

There are so many turnovers in you-know-what pharmacy...... these openings are true:rofl:

Last edited:

I wouldn't believe you if I saw this before trying... I submitted so many applications and less than 1% actually replied back.

I wouldn't believe you if I saw this before trying... I submitted so many applications and less than 1% actually replied back.

I really appreciate the ones who actually respond back even if they’re not interested. At least I’m not waiting for nothing. I wish more employers would do that. Or at least update the status online that you weren’t selected. A lot of times it just says “application under review” or “in process”

I really appreciate the ones who actually respond back even if they’re not interested. At least I’m not waiting for nothing. I wish more employers would do that. Or at least update the status online that you weren’t selected. A lot of times it just says “application under review” or “in process”

We had to hire an optometrist tech for my wife and posted it on indeed.com. We received about 100 applications in 48hrs. Eventually every candidate looked the same and I have accidentally deleted some applicants just from swiping error. To expect an employer to respond back when it's literally a mad house is improbable. It was our first time doing a public listing and now fully understand why people don't get replies unless the employers are actually interested.

We had to hire an optometrist tech for my wife and posted it on indeed.com. We received about 100 applications in 48hrs. Eventually every candidate looked the same and I have accidentally deleted some applicants just from swiping error. To expect an employer to respond back when it's literally a mad house is improbable. It was our first time doing a public listing and now fully understand why people don't get replies unless the employers are actually interested.

Eh the system could be designed to allow for automated replies. I don’t think anyone expects to receive a personalized rejection notification for every job posting.

Plenty of places do send out automated rejection notifications so it is definitely possible.

Eh the system could be designed to allow for automated replies. I don’t think anyone expects to receive a personalized rejection notification for every job posting.

Plenty of places do send out automated rejection notifications so it is definitely possible.
Totally agree

That's what I have been telling myself... so I don't become too disappointed

Same here.

It works both ways. I'm trying to fill this one position in the pharmacy and I've 3 replies and one interview no-show in 50 alleged applications that I've followed up with. Why apply if you aren't interested?

Indeed also has an auto-rejection message option once the position is closed.

Reactions: 1 users
It works both ways. I'm trying to fill this one position in the pharmacy and I've 3 replies and one interview no-show in 50 alleged applications that I've followed up with. Why apply if you aren't interested?

Indeed also has an auto-rejection message option once the position is closed.

It is sometimes as tough when comes to hiring...

I did apply one position posted 30+ days ago in indeed... somehow it hasn't been closed. Could it stay as long as the recruiter does not close it?

Last edited: