Other Academic sessions in residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bonnie 29

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am an IM resident in a moderate size community program. We were debating about the no of educational conferences that we want to attend per week. Right now for each week, we have 3 week days of one hour noon conferences which usually consists of journal club, research forum, journal update, guest lectures etc., 1 grand round and 1 academic half day which consists of 3 hours of academic sessions. At the end it feels like there is a lot of conferences and we need some change. I would like to know what other programs are doing so that we can modify and improve our system. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone, I am an IM resident in a moderate size community program. We were debating about the no of educational conferences that we want to attend per week. Right now for each week, we have 3 week days of one hour noon conferences which usually consists of journal club, research forum, journal update, guest lectures etc., 1 grand round and 1 academic half day which consists of 3 hours of academic sessions. At the end it feels like there is a lot of conferences and we need some change. I would like to know what other programs are doing so that we can modify and improve our system. Thanks!
Wrong forum.

Reactions: 1 user