AAMC PRview for Geisinger and Cooper-Rowan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maikelm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I wanted to get your input on this "recommendation" to complete PREview for Geisinger and Cooper-Rowan medical schools.
In reviewing the AAMC PREview website and the schools' specific websites, it looks like they are making the PREview as recommendation. These are the only schools in my list right now that have this recommendation, while the other schools do not require it at all.

What are your thoughts on just forgoing PREview? Would the school weight that negatively? My main concern is saving additional costs for the entire application process. Of note, I am likely going to take CASPER.

Thanks
Maikel

Members don't see this ad.

MD Program | Cooper Medical School | Rowan University says
Beginning with the 2023 application cycle, applicants to CMSRU are highly recommended to take the Association of American Medical Colleges Professional Readiness Exam (AAMC PREviewTM). It is believed that this examination will further enhance our holistic review process and assess the pre-professional competencies that our admissions committee believes are essential for success in medical school and for meeting the needs of patients.

I highly recommend that you take the exams. Both schools mention they intend to use the results to make decisions (2023-2024 AMCAS list of schools and their SJTs).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

MD Program | Cooper Medical School | Rowan University says
Beginning with the 2023 application cycle, applicants to CMSRU are highly recommended to take the Association of American Medical Colleges Professional Readiness Exam (AAMC PREviewTM). It is believed that this examination will further enhance our holistic review process and assess the pre-professional competencies that our admissions committee believes are essential for success in medical school and for meeting the needs of patients.

I highly recommend that you take the exams. Both schools mention they intend to use the results to make decisions (2023-2024 AMCAS list of schools and their SJTs).
Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it.

Maikel

Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it.

Maikel
No problem. Note, we're doing SJT workshops as part of the Becoming a Student Doctor class cohort, including one coming up next Tuesday. Hope that will help you adjust to it, as well as any virtual MMI's that schools will be running regardless of their use (or not) of Casper or PREview.