AAMC Preview: WAMC - Not Sure where to put this

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed2022hopeful

Reaction score
Deleted.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
OP: just because you have a 4Q score for Casper does not mean you will score 7+ (4Q) on PREview. They are different exams.

Do you know if your schools require an additional SJT or virtual assessment like Kira Talent (UCI) or SVI (WUSTL)?

I can give you the admissions pitch that they will find good students with mission fit. Many do, but PREview or SJT are still under investigation at many schools. There is some relationship with student success, but those results have not been published. Nor are they definitive.

If these schools were strong mission fits for you, you should have picked them earlier on. But we are near the end of August. Either you are panicking early because your list has not given you IIs, or you are not satisfied with your schools that have and don't really want to practice interviewing (which you should be starting now).

It sounds like you are thoughtful and deliberate with your process. I cannot tell you what you should do... it's your call and your budget to submit these additional secondaries and prepare for PREview. I just want to be sure there are no additional surprises that will put you under more stress.

I still stand by my advice to treat a required PREview like you would an MCAT. Would you take it in September?

Preview and CASPER take a month to process so your application won't be complete until September for the schools that require CASPER. Plus, Preview's dates are heavily limited so schools requiring it won't be complete until October at the earliest.

Honestly though you're being neurotic you barely finished your secondaries and are already stressing about interviews. I think you need to pick up a new show to watch (I recommend Breaking Bad but if you've seen it lmk I got more recs) not new schools to apply to.

Reactions: 1 user
I would take it in September.
PREview is designed to last up to 3 cycles without having to retake it (unlike Casper which is designed to be taken every application cycle). I would be patient unless you knew you could nail a 7+ score that could carry you for 3 years... but I'm still not sure that would be worth it either.

Read the SJT Experience Survey results from last year. We are also planning to launch a new survey later this fall.